Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"America Erupts". Appears to have hit this poor bloke in the face.

upload_2014-11-26_12-18-24.png

image.jpg

Based on the limited vision and these numbers I really really really really really hope the physios/doctor at the ground thought to provide airway management instead of the Australian sport "protect the neck/spinal board!" default long before the paramedics arrived.

When the airway is compromised nothing else matters.

Fingers crossed.

View attachment 94303

Based on the limited vision and these numbers I really really really really really hope the physios/doctor at the ground thought to provide airway management instead of the Australian sport "protect the neck/spinal board!" default long before the paramedics arrived.

Fingers crossed.
Why the feck do they need 3 ambulances and a helicopter!

Meanwhile down the road somebody's Nan has broken her hip and has been laying in agony for 5 hours as she is too scared to call as she doesn't have ambulance cover!

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
View attachment 94303

Fingers crossed.
If you see the vision of them taking him from the ground on the stretcher, the doc was clearly looking after his airway

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 94303

Fingers crossed.

First 000 call didn't occur until 15 mins after he was hit? I saw the players signalling for an ambulance almost immediately. Either this is wrong or they were ignored.

First 000 call didn't occur until 15 mins after he was hit? I saw the players signalling for an ambulance almost immediately. Either this is wrong or they were ignored.

Players would've just been signaling for a doctor?

Saw at least one making a gesture that looked like "make a phone call"

Even if not, 15 mins is a hell of a long time before an ambulance is called.

Yes I agree ... seems a long time ...

Saw at least one making a gesture that looked like "make a phone call"

Even if not, 15 mins is a hell of a long time before an ambulance is called.

Warner had the "finger in ear finger to mouth" phone call hand gesture going while screaming ambulance from the second he got close enough to see what was going on.

15 minutes seems very strange.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears
Yeah I don't think Warner was actually calling an ambulance from his finger phone...

I was merely making an observation on why it took so long. Whoever does the ringing probably waits for the doc/medical staff to give the signal...not the players. Although looking at images of how many people were giving the signal it was pretty obvious

I was merely making an observation on why it took so long. Whoever does the ringing probably waits for the doc/medical staff to give the signal...not the players. Although looking at images of how many people were giving the signal it was pretty obvious

I'm contacting the Australian Cricket Board to have David Warner disciplined for making an unauthorised call to a medical conveyance service on his finger phone.

Goodes is a protected sniper on the paddock, that is what most people judge him on, if he was a respected player I doubt anything else would be much of an issue
I am a fan of Goodes. I can appreciate his on-field talent, too, but I don't necessarily agree with all the MRP rulings that have been in his favour. I love his off-field work. Absolutely love it. There's a reason he's Australian Of The Year and it's not because he called a little girl out at the MCG.

People with black skin were often called apes due to their likened image to them in that era, with it being acceptable to liken them to monkeys and therefore being lesser than white people. An interesting article on it here and I'll use this quote from it " Perversions of Darwin's theories, in which it is argued that black people are lower on the evolutionary ladder than white people, were used to resist the abolition of slavery and, after the US Civil War, to promote segregation. In Australia, scientific racism was used in some instances to suggest Aborigines should be placed on the evolutionary batting order below certain species of ape.":
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...m-goodes-so-much/story-e6frg6z6-1226654803999
Look, at the end of the day the girl might have genuinely meant she looked like an ape and had no racial connotations behind it. What Adam Goodes has done is raised awareness on how ridiculously offensive this comment is - I don't feel that this should be a case of 'That girl is a racist how dare she' but maybe just 'avoid likening black people to an animal that was used to oppress people of their skin colour for generations'.
No malice intended on your part at all, I'd assume, because I really like the content/message/intention of your post! But while we're on the topic of correct terminology, I suggest you read the Appropriate Terminology, Representations and Protocols of Acknowledgement for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and refrain from using the term 'Aborigine'.

Warner would have to be a dunce to believe that his hand would function as a telecommunications device. Bananas have far more capabilities in that area.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears
I am a fan of Goodes. I can appreciate his on-field talent, too, but I don't necessarily agree with all the MRP rulings that have been in his favour. I love his off-field work. Absolutely love it. There's a reason he's Australian Of The Year and it's not because he called a little girl out at the MCG.

No malice intended on your part at all, I'd assume, because I really like the content/message/intention of your post! But while we're on the topic of correct terminology, I suggest you read the Appropriate Terminology, Representations and Protocols of Acknowledgement for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and refrain from using the term 'Aborigine'.

Our club uses that term for our academy. I live with, mix with and have family who are both nungas and murris and the term most popular and universal used to describe indigenous people by indigenous people seems to be not tolerated in our society. You don't call a nunga a murri, for instance

Warner would have to be a dunce to believe that his hand would function as a telecommunications device. Bananas have far more capabilities in that area.

Warner - Finger phone prank call king of Australia.

dinger

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah its one of those awful habits I'm still in and I get corrected by mates all the time - and still forget. Years of using the word I'm assuming. Sorry about that!

It hasn't always been incorrect terminology. Back in the 70s, we were schooled on using the term Aborigine (person) instead of Aboriginal (object) as the most appropriate and acceptable term.

I'm always having to catch myself on this. The learnings of those early years can be so deeply imbedded that they're hard to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back