Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm probably going to rock up for training tomorrow. Is anyone going to join me? If you see a lonely girl there, come say hi!

I'll be there. I'll either be on the scoreboard wing in the shade or up near the club rooms talking to Phil if he is there.

I lied. Some guy just came over for a chat. The 1-3's are doing match simulations. Sheridan's destroying everyone. That kid wants a game. Hurley looks up to par with the rest of them, and possibly better than some. Not sure why Moller is still on the list. Surely after this long he'd learn to kick straight. Ross is getting a bit vocal

I lied. Some guy just came over for a chat. The 1-3's are doing match simulations. Sheridan's destroying everyone. That kid wants a game. Hurley looks up to par with the rest of them, and possibly better than some. Not sure why Moller is still on the list. Surely after this long he'd learn to kick straight. Ross is getting a bit vocal
Maybe we need to give him a basketball hoop to kick towards.

You mean skills wise or fitness wise?

If he's keeping up with the skills I might start getting a bit excited

I really like this part. Would be great to see him really solidify a spot in the team this year on a wing or forward flank. He seems like he could be a good replacement for Mundy eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your thinking but I'm not sure if we should get excited that an Irishman who has never played the game before is looking better than the rest of the team....

Hurley is a noted runner - probably that and his height being the reasons he at the club. don't be too surprised to see him running well, that's expected of him. We should be excited when he start's playing for Peel and show's some good skills and reading of the play, that will be his challenge.

Good to hear Sheridan is getting in another strong preseason. His strong preseason got him the early games last year, perhaps he can have that break out season. For all the D Pearce haters he would be a great relplacement as he kicks very well to a leading forward and looks pretty good kicking for goal as well - but he must learn to impose himself on games at AFL level (which Pearce has him covered in spades at the moment).

Good to hear Sheridan is getting in another strong preseason. His strong preseason got him the early games last year, perhaps he can have that break out season. For all the D Pearce haters he would be a great relplacement as he kicks very well to a leading forward and looks pretty good kicking for goal as well - but he must learn to impose himself on games at AFL level (which Pearce has him covered in spades at the moment).

and he runs like stephen hill ... might be able to trick the taggers in covering the wrong person

Maybe we need to give him a basketball hoop to kick towards.
I have doubts he could even hit a basketball court.
You mean skills wise or fitness wise?

If he's keeping up with the skills I might start getting a bit excited
I mean skills wise. His handballs were pretty spot-on and his kicking was passable. Straight, but usually short or over his man.
Impressive balance. Are you a tight-rope walker?
Ex-dancer? I figured while the boys were practicing their footy, I could practice my bar routine along the fence.

So since the last report, I met up with Gaskin, and then the boys just did a bit of running. Repeat sprints of the oval. Sheridan looked like he was jogging and still beat everyone by the length of the flemington straight. They put the fast runners in one group (Sheridan, Pearce, Tabs and a few others) and the rest in a 2nd group. Moller was the worst by far. Our up & coming KPP are an exciting bunch though! Pretty fast for being massive blokes.

Mayne came out after the main training session and did his own little running drills.

And I got the vanilla slice from Abhi's. Woah that thing is amazing.

He does doesn't he! very distinctive running style that has fooled a couple of commentators re Hill.

Fooled me for a second a couple of times live too.

His tan doesn't help, we need to lock him inside all summer until he comes out looking like Scott Thornton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back