List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

A Collingwood supporters comment about Laverde

Given how even the draft is it's hardly strange to see players being shuffled around the top 20. Laverde is only seen as a top 5 lock due to Collingwoods rumoured interest more than anything else.

If all this speculation is doing your head in and you feel like a laugh read this. Its brilliant.
http://titusoreily.com/easily-worst-afl-draft-preview-youll-read/

You have to laugh at all the I wants that go of a players height and write ups on BF .Most have never seen their wants play the game and the biggest laugh is I'm one of those. I want every one that has been discussed on here.They all sound like future champs
PS Clem Smith is a beauty for our 2nd pick and if we dont take Durdin if he is there at 13 then Bond and co need to resign:rolleyes:

I am stocking up on popcorn for tomorrow night.

The meltdown on this forum when Brad Lloyd calls out "Pick thirteen ...Player number 696969 ... Horatio Kneebone-Grasshopper from Oodnadatta Ocelots" when Wright, Goddard and Durdin are still there will be trully epic.
Heard very good things about Kneebone the grasshooper:thumbsu:. Going to be a future champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With St Kilda likely to take McCartin it could spell problems for us. Cos Melbourne might want a tall. Taking one from what was thought to be a later pick and create a domino effect.

With St Kilda likely to take McCartin it could spell problems for us. Cos Melbourne might want a tall. Taking one from what was thought to be a later pick and create a domino effect.
Does that mean GWS or Collingwood overlook their tall and pick one of Petracca or Brayshaw who has slipped because of it?

I don't think they will.
They aren't in serious need of talls and i think Brayshaw/Petracca combo is going to be too tempting for them to pass up on.

Clem might end up at the slime
There's likely to be a hard call for the Eagles at pick 32, such is the talent around that mark. Hard-working WA midfielder Connor Blakely could be still on the board, as might the athletic Damien Cavka, who runs and runs and just keeps on running. He's enjoyed a strong season, and has been linked to the Eagles. Local product Brenden Abbott might be worth a look and despite his goalkicking ability, some see him as a long-kicking rebounding defender. The Eagles have kept a close eye on Clem Smith, too, who trained with them in January and impressed.

Clem might end up at the slime
There's likely to be a hard call for the Eagles at pick 32, such is the talent around that mark. Hard-working WA midfielder Connor Blakely could be still on the board, as might the athletic Damien Cavka, who runs and runs and just keeps on running. He's enjoyed a strong season, and has been linked to the Eagles. Local product Brenden Abbott might be worth a look and despite his goalkicking ability, some see him as a long-kicking rebounding defender. The Eagles have kept a close eye on Clem Smith, too, who trained with them in January and impressed.

As many sources there as a Hackdorn article...

It's pointless because she's a journo and the article will have 1 day to get readership (online), I bet her employers aren't too wrapped about that timing.

Maybe she feels that the natural increased interest as the draft itself approaches will draw more readers looking for any media on it :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back