Western Warriors - 2014/15 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Cartwright will get a go soon.

Though I hope they stick with Harris a bit. I don't think he's that far off the breakthrough innings he needs
Harris has to go back and make some runs in grade cricket now. Too many failures when everyone is making runs around him

I wonder if Cartwright will get a go soon.

Though I hope they stick with Harris a bit. I don't think he's that far off the breakthrough innings he needs
I think Cartwright will end up replacing Marsh when he's not available

Also I think Harris' last chance was the second innings against Victoria, just not doing enough. The only thing that might save him is if Marsh does get called up we'll need another player. Rogers or Beaton will be who might get the call up, I'd say Beaton is more likely since he's younger and Langer seems to like investing in youth. Alternatively Klinger could open

Last edited:
So the Perth Scorchers final BBL squad:

Batsman:
Voges, S.Marsh, Carberry, Klinger, Harris, Whiteman (WK)
A/Rs:
M. Marsh, Turner, Cartwright
Fast bowlers:
Coulter-Nile, Arafat, Behrendorff, Mackin, Paris, Tye
Spinners:
Agar, Hogg, Beer

My XI:
Carberry
S. Marsh
Klinger
Voges
Turner
Whiteman
Coulter-Nile
Behrendorff
Arafat
Hogg
Paris

That's assuming Mitch Marsh is on international duty. If Coults is still injured then chuck Agar at 7. If Paris is still injured, throw Mackin in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Perth Scorchers final BBL squad:

Batsman:
Voges, S.Marsh, Carberry, Klinger, Harris, Whiteman (WK)
A/Rs:
M. Marsh, Turner, Cartwright
Fast bowlers:
Coulter-Nile, Arafat, Behrendorff, Mackin, Paris, Tye
Spinners:
Agar, Hogg, Beer

My XI:
Carberry
S. Marsh
Klinger
Voges
Turner
Whiteman
Coulter-Nile
Behrendorff
Arafat
Hogg
Paris

That's assuming Mitch Marsh is on international duty. If Coults is still injured then chuck Agar at 7. If Paris is still injured, throw Mackin in.

That batting lineup certainly doesn't look as strong as it has the past few seasons (I'm not saying it's bad though!). Bowling attack still close to, if not the best though imo.

That batting lineup certainly doesn't look as strong as it has the past few seasons (I'm not saying it's bad though!). Bowling attack still close to, if not the best though imo.
Scorchers batting never looks that strong. Always does a job though. Having both Marsh men available is always a plus. It's the bowling unit that makes life easy. Great that Arafat is back.

Perth Scorchers Best XI
Michael Klinger
Michael Carberry
Shaun Marsh
Ashton Turner
Adam Voges
Mitch Marsh
Sam Whiteman
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Jason Behrendorff
Yasir Arafat
Brad Hogg

That is such a strong lineup, but I doubt we'll get to field that team. .

Voges another ton. But still won't get a baggy green. Yet we'll look at average cricketers like finch, Doolan, white and burns.

Voges another ton. But still won't get a baggy green. Yet we'll look at average cricketers like finch, Doolan, white and burns.
Can't see him getting one at the age of 35

Rogers got another gig at 54
The selectors won't do it again though. I think they need to be playing youth as Voges would only be there for two years and that is if he doesn't get dropped earlier. No chance he gets picked. He is in some good form though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back