Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
LOL. You sound upset about something mate, everything okay?

Upset? No, but I would prefer Petracca.

It seems my club sees it differently and the cost to 'buy' key forwards during trade period and the fact next years draft is a midfielders draft is justification for them to pick Paddy over Petracca.

Although I'm disappointed in the decision I would still take McCartin 2nd overall so not a huge loss. Something to revisit in 5 years, I think. We know Petracca will be the more immediate player and all fans will be scathing that StK did not select him.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread.

Petracca will be a gun. He has all the attributes. Quick, powerful, marks, kicks goals, plays multiple positions.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I still think the Saints will take Petracca

McCartin to StK is a done deal mate. Not only are all media outlets reporting it but there's been a few PM's on twitter from certain StK recruitment staff that infer as much.

The question is, will you guys take Petracca? I would think so but stranger things have happened!

I still think the Saints will take Petracca
Close to zero percent at this stage. The media usually has the top 5-10 set by the day before the draft, especially the top picks. I'd say McCartin has probably already been informed. Hopefully Petracca by us too.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Saints have nothing to worry about, Paddy will be an excitement machine and even though it may seem like the wrong decision in some peoples eyes it actually suits both Melb and Saints perfectly, they need a young power forward to pair with Roo over the next few years and we are desperate for strong powerful mids.

CP may have a more immediate impact but I have no doubt that Paddy will be a star in the future hence the reason so many of us were pretty excited by the prospect of him landing at the Dees.

Good result all around really, Petracca, McCartin and Brayshaw 3 best players in the draft.

Few saints supporters may need to change their display pics though, were a few that went early with Petracca.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I don't know if it's because he's aboriginal but where is the constant idea JKH is a small forward coming from? He isn't overly quick and whilst very agile I think his hands in close and ability to dish off make him a prime candidate as a midfielder who pushes to the flank

I prefer dean kent playing closer to goal like a Paul chapman type who pushes into the midfield
Doesn't really read the ball in the air as well as you'd like for a crumber either. Seems a flanker/mid to me.

TDC3

Debutant
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cannot wait for us to land Petracca and Brayshaw tomorrow night!!!!
Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 3.56.34 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 4.00.01 pm.png

Excuse my paint skills :)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
His clean hands, agility and good skills make him a very good candidate for a small foward, it's not outrageous.

I agree he's a midfielder though but he could quite easily be effective as a small forward.

You also need a perfect amount of arrogance to play as a small forward , I think he will do his best work in the midfield resting forward

Seriously if we take lever or someone instead of petracca I'll actually post a photo of my PA membership purchased on here

I must admit, I will enjoy having a massive campaigner as a member of the team again. It's been too quiet since Beamer left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back