Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan next month. Will blow too much cash on cds, alcohol and food. 6th visit but first to Tokyo. Staying 700metres from Disk Union Shibuya.
Been to Osaka/Nagoya (Bill Andrews works at Disk Heaven - classic) plenty of times. I was meant to watch Sabbat rehearse on one trip but couldn't get to the station (staying in a rural area has its downfalls). They come from the same prefecture as the better half.

Japan next month. Will blow too much cash on cds, alcohol and food. 6th visit but first to Tokyo. Staying 700metres from Disk Union Shibuya.
Been to Osaka/Nagoya (Bill Andrews works at Disk Heaven - classic) plenty of times. I was meant to watch Sabbat rehearse on one trip but couldn't get to the station (staying in a rural area has its downfalls). They come from the same prefecture as the better half.

Was going to ask why the trip to Japan but the last sentence clarified!

Who is Bill Andrews? surely not the biotech scientist who reckons we can live to 150 years old??

Be a decent show. Varathron, Root and Nocturnus would be my highlights.

Do you post on the NWN board? I used to until I was banned for laughing at a Sabbat shirt he printed which read 'utensil Hard Records' on the back. YK 'Insulter of Christ' melted - big ******* sook. Had been on there for years, not one warning, nothing. He also banned my mate a few years back when he released an album (can't recall name) which had very strong goth leanings (my mate knew as his girlfriend is into that sort of music). Old mate makes comment along the lines of 'geez wonder if this album will have the usual NWN 'anti-Goth' catalogue number. Opps, banned immediately. Big ******* sook.

Good to hear Nocturnus is back at it. It'd be good if Captain Trips do a comeback show

Been listening to Darkspace. Really amazing stuff. Although i've known of them for years i'd only ever heard the odd song here or there and thought they were overrated etc... Only tonight i decide to sit down and give them a proper listen and i;ve been kicking myself for not liking them sooner. Blown nme away this has. :oops:

What did you think of the Pallbearer album? I've heard them mentioned in the same sentence a few times of a band I recently got into, YOB, and have been meaning to check them out.

The more I listen to it the more I like it. The guitar tone is great. Has not changed my world - essentially its 6 songs of easy-listening doom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone one heard Wolfheart? The current project from Tuomas Saukkonen who's other bands/projects like "Black Sun Aeon", "Before the Dawn" and "Dawn of Solace" were all some of my favorites? Just wondering if anyone has picked this up? Must look for it. Tima would have heard it no doubt but he seldom comes these ways now...

Was gonna say it's been a while since the last Megadeth blow up, but today both Shawn Drover and Chris Broderick announced their departures citing 'musical differences' :rolleyes:

David Ellefson is presumably trapped in one of Mustaine's mansions waiting for a key time to make a break for it.

Was gonna say it's been a while since the last Megadeth blow up, but today both Shawn Drover and Chris Broderick announced their departures citing 'musical differences' :rolleyes:

David Ellefson is presumably trapped in one of Mustaine's mansions waiting for a key time to make a break for it.

Wow that's some news. Had no idea. Thought all was well. Maybe Dave was happy with Super Collider???

Megadave seems like an alright bloke, but imagine touring the world with him and having to listen to the obama conspiracy theory and hearing about his 'disease' every night for months haha

Megadave seems like an alright bloke, but imagine touring the world with him and having to listen to the obama conspiracy theory and hearing about his 'disease' every night for months haha

Dave propositioned one of my mates wives while at the same dinner table as him. He actually gave her the "do you realise who I am compared to your husband" type line. 100% true story.

Dave propositioned one of my mates wives while at the same dinner table as him. He actually gave her the "do you realise who I am compared to your husband" type line. 100% true story.
I guess the WWJD rule didn't apply for propositioning strangers.. It would've been interesting if Jon Nödtveidt and co. did that tour with him all those years ago, I never got into Megadeth but I would've enjoyed reading all about how that went down.

Wow. Typical rockstar though, suprised as he didn't come across as the Ulrich/Tommy lee flog type

Wow. Typical rockstar though, suprised as he didn't come across as the Ulrich/Tommy lee flog type

Not a bad effort on his part considering it was her husband who was looking after them at the bequest of the record company...:$

I do remember that outside of that one small (?) issue, he told me Dave (and I think Junior was there too..) was really pretty decent all things considered.

Last edited:
I guess the WWJD rule didn't apply for propositioning strangers.. It would've been interesting if Jon Nödtveidt and co. did that tour with him all those years ago, I never got into Megadeth but I would've enjoyed reading all about how that went down.

So true. It would have also been interesting if Jeff Waters actually joined Megadeth on guitar back in the 90s.....wish Dave had discussed this in his book (which was a pretty crappy, half-assed, too much stuff missing piece of work anyway to be honest.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back