List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pointless because she's a journo and the article will have 1 day to get readership (online), I bet her employers aren't too wrapped about that timing.
You think it is up to Emma when it is released? More likely The Age want it in the paper the morning of the draft as most people do not care that much before the date of the draft.

Rahul has us taking Durdin. A discussion on Lever

Q. Is Jake lever going to be a KPP like Cale Hooker or a third tall rebounder like Andrew Mackie
A. I think he's going to be a rebounding, third defender, a bit of a mix of the two but more like Hooker. That said I have a very limited u18 viewing of his - with his injury - to make a judgment as to what he projects to be at AFL level. The plan seems to have been to mix it up with Jake at Calder, stints in midfield along with down at half-back.

So does Knightmare.

#13 Fremantle - Sam Durdin (SA – KPD/KPF)
Height: 197.5cm, Weight: 87.65kg, DOB: 06/06/1996
Recruited from: West Adelaide
Range: 6-25
Profile: Promising key position player.

And Paige Cardona
Pick 13: Fremantle – Sam Durdin

Position: Utility
Height: 197 cm, Weight: 89 kg, DOB: 06/06/1996
Club: West Adelaide
Plays like: Ben Reid

A superb key defender and forward as well as a more than handy ruckman, Sam Durdin ticks every box and then some when it comes to his draft stocks. Despite his season starting slowly thanks to a thumb injury that ruled him out for 10 weeks, Durdin has come home with a wet sail, catapulting him to the forefront of recruiters’ minds for those who hold top 10 picks. If Durdin’s under 18 Grand Final for West Adelaide was anything to go by, Brad Lloyd will select another winner to his stables. The versatile big man put all of his talent on show to finish with 48 hitouts, 12 disposals, nine marks and seven tackles. His aerial dominance meant he was unbeatable: his tap work excellent whilst his 12 disposals were highly influential, with more than half of his chains involved in scores. Durdin has terrific athleticism and reads the game better than most, and is the type of player a back line can be built around. His rangy frame and long strides gives him a point of difference among his key position peers, and his offensive game is terrifying when he is on song. Put simply, you get a bit of everything with Durdin, which makes a compelling statement of the overall player that he is.

Her second pick for us
http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-cardonas-phantom-draft-final-40/
Pick 34: Fremantle - Mitch McGovern

Position: Forward
Height: 191 cm, Weight: 84 kg, DOB:
Club: Claremont
Plays Like: Robbie Gray

Initially overlooked in the 2012 National Draft, and then enduring a 2013 season on the sidelines with a hotspot in his foot, 2014 delivered better news for Mitch McGovern, who announced himself as a consistent, high-flying forward whose game impact was heavy felt this season. McGovern is the younger brother of current Eagles player, Jeremy McGovern but is a different type of player to that of his brother. McGovern played just the 11 games for Claremont, but returned 10 goals in 11 games, and averaged 4.2 marks, 2.3 tackles and even tried his hand in the ruck, finishing with 51 hit-outs for the year. The disciplined, yet hard-working forward has a defensive side that Claremont coaches have highly regarded this year, and it’s something recruiters have been quick to highlight, t00. McGovern is a sound user of the football on either side of his body, and is crafty enough to play a high half-forward role where his excellent disposal can be exploited. At 191 cm, McGovern isn’t considered a true key forward, but his athleticism, more so his nature leap gives off the impression that he is. He recorded 26/30 in the kicking test at the National Draft Combine and 87 cm in the running vertical jump, and big claims as a second-round draft pick.

I would be happy if we walked away with a KPF and KPD as our first two picks from the draft. Not sure who we would target with our third round pick. Maybe a small defender. We would be pretty well stocked full with KPP for the future then and also with next years draft supposedly pretty light on for KPP we could go for a good mid.

Also I haven't seen any footage of McGovern as yet. is there any???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be happy if we walked away with a KPF and KPD as our first two picks from the draft. Not sure who we would target with our third round pick. Maybe a small defender. We would be pretty well stocked full with KPP for the future then and also with next years draft supposedly pretty light on for KPP we could go for a good mid.

Also I haven't seen any footage of McGovern as yet. is there any???
He played WAFL all year for Claremont. You would have to go to the Wafl games on IView? (think that's what the ABC call it.

Mitch McGovern - 14 games
Averages;
Kicks: 7.14
Handballs: 3
Marks: 4.14
Goals: 1 (Most kicked = 3, 2 goal games x 4, goalless games = 6)
Behinds: 0.86
Tackles: 2
Hitouts: 3.64
Frees For: 0.86
Frees Against: 0.14

Yeah his stats aren't anything to write home about. I'm not sure if he is worth using our second pick on. Maybe third.

Sounds like Marchbank may even go in the top 10
Cal T.

I think you put too much credibility on what Phantom posters say. Almost none of them get information from recruiters. And if Bond/Lloyd were giving the inside info to anyone at all outside of the club's inner sanctum I would be mightily disappointed. The only info I want them to give out is misleading info designed to get people to have the wrong impression of what they actually think.

13 FREMANTLE: JAKE LEVER

(Calder Cannons, 5/3/96, 193cm, 84kg)

A fiesty defender who hates being beaten, looks out for his teammates and reads the play well. A leader.

The rationale: The Dockers have been on the look-out for a key defender. Lever has missed the year because of a knee reconstruction, but is an aggressive, smart player who helps set up play down back.

The complication: Sam Durdin is likely to go here, if available, with Caleb Marchbank a huge chance too. Liam Duggan is a midfielder who the Dockers could grab, if he makes it this far. Is this too soon for Daniel McKenzie?

I think you put too much credibility on what Phantom posters say. Almost none of them get information from recruiters. And if Bond/Lloyd were giving the inside info to anyone at all outside of the club's inner sanctum I would be mightily disappointed. The only info I want them to give out is misleading info designed to get people to have the wrong impression of what they actually think.
I think you couldn't possibly know me well enough to know what I do and don't put credibility in.

Yeah his stats aren't anything to write home about. I'm not sure if he is worth using our second pick on. Maybe third.

His stats looked to me like he had been thrown around a lot. There was a period where he had 35 hitouts across three games but didn't feature in that stat at all in others.

So I guess I shouldn't comment because I didn't ever see him play but by his stats on a game by game basis it looked like he was used all over the park. That should be a bonus right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back