Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moving into a new house with two house-mates next week.

Wondering if someone can give me some advice on who to pick as a internet provider? The cheaper the better considering it isn't much difference in quality/speed

Wont be using it to download many tv series/movies but will use it for a little bit of online gaming?

I'm with Exetel and they have been pretty good. Apparently their customer support is crap, but I haven't had to use it in 5 years.

Wouldn't recommend Exetel if you're looking for good customer service. Their call centre in Sri Lanka sucks. Used to be with them and just couldn't take it any longer.

I'm with iiNet and haven't had an issue.

Whirlpool's Broadband Choice

I'm with iiNet and haven't had an issue.

I don't know what iiNet is like in general, but I was with an ISP they took over (Adam) and my experience with the transition was nothing short of f**ked. As soon as I was switched over to their system I completely lost sync because the mode I was using was no longer supported (Annex M), I was also getting countless dropouts and my speed halved. As much as their denied it there were a large number of people who had exactly the same issue. I've moved to another much larger ISP (Internode) that they've also taken over but I'm hoping they actually do the transition properly, I paid extra to not be put on a contract just incase it went pear-shaped again.

Whirlpool's Broadband Choice

I don't know what iiNet is like in general, but I was with an ISP they took over (Adam) and my experience with the transition was nothing short of f**ked. As soon as I was switched over to their system I completely lost sync because the mode I was using was no longer supported (Annex M), I was also getting countless dropouts and my speed halved. As much as their denied it there were a large number of people who had exactly the same issue. I've moved to another much larger ISP (Internode) that they've also taken over but I'm hoping they actually do the transition properly, I paid extra to not be put on a contract just incase it went pear-shaped again.

Fair enough. I had my fair share of issues churning from Exetel to iiNet and was without internet for about two weeks. It wasn't iiNet themselves, it was Telstra's lazy technicians, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Fair enough. I had my fair share of issues churning from Exetel to iiNet and was without internet for about two weeks. It wasn't iiNet themselves, it was Telstra's lazy technicians, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Yeah unfortunately my situation was all on Adam/iiNet, I was on their infrastructure so Telstra would have had very little to do with it. On Whirlpool they even admitted to changing their internal ADSL profile settings to be "more reliable", even though Adam had optimized theirs for their network and had them working well. I had zero issues with Adam until iiNet came in.

I think Internode will be a little stronger when it comes to outsiders screwing with their setup, so when the inevitable migration to iiNet systems happens it might go a little better.

Am with Exetel at the moment, because it was either them, Telstra or Internode for plan choices on my Velocity Fibre service.

Would recommend iiNet, but they made me redundant last week after three years, so I'll be petty instead :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back