Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously I don't want to go into detail, but I'm hearing the worst........ : (

Obviously I don't want to go into detail, but I'm hoping for the best.

Since when does a broken arm involve the head?

As a quick, you'd be happy to hurt/injury an opponent, but you obviously wouldn't want to maim or cripple them.

I don't think you even want to hurt them really, but you definitely want them in fear of being hurt.

Cerebellum part of the brain which is located behind the ear.

Cerebellum.jpeg

is a region of the brain that plays an important role in motor control

Early diagnosis is important since emergent decompression may be life-saving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God some of you need to smarten up. If everybody stayed away from the trash that is Fox, Nine, Seven and News Limited they wouldn't be so ridiculously inconsiderate.

Stick to the ABC or something else with even a hint of sympathy for Hughes.

You get what you deserve for watching s**t. It's as simple as that.

Could of told me earlier. Was watching channel 7 and made out Sean Abbott as a criminal.

Feel for Hughes and the bowler as well, hope he pulls through, but in all this I can't help but think cricket has missed it's chance to prevent something like this happening, how a game can allow a ball to be bowled at a players head is beyond belief, the bouncer must be eradicated from the game, if an AFL player can miss a game for a head high hit, why can't a bowler be suspended for bowling a bouncer that hits a batsman.
Played all my cricket as an opener and never wore a helmet.

Good post. You are almost alone in your thinking.

As a quick, you'd be happy to hurt/injury an opponent, but you obviously wouldn't want to maim or cripple them.

So this summer we want to injure and hurt as many opponents as we can, of course with the caveat that we dont maim or cripple them. Wow, just wow. :rolleyes:

God some of you need to smarten up. If everybody stayed away from the trash that is Fox, Nine, Seven and News Limited they wouldn't be so ridiculously inconsiderate.

You mean the ones who tweeted "They couldn't confirm that Hughes was alive when he left the ground"?

Wasn't the ABC one of the first ones yesterday to tweet that they couldn't confirm that Hughes was alive when he left the ground???

So this summer we want to injure and hurt as many opponents as we can, of course with the caveat that we dont maim or cripple them. Wow, just wow. :rolleyes:

Did you enjoy the demolition of the Poms last year?

They were terrified of getting hurt by Johnson, it destroyed them mentally, and allowed us to capitalise.

What about a few years ago when MJ tore the Saffers apart; broke Smith's finger, possibly Kallis's jaw as well; did you enjoy that?

Cricket is a brutal game - nobody wants to see anybody ever get seriously injured, but I've got no problem with our bowlers trying to hurt the opposition.

Did you enjoy the demolition of the Poms last year?

They were terrified of getting hurt by Johnson, it destroyed them mentally, and allowed us to capitalise.

What about a few years ago when MJ tore the Saffers apart; broke Smith's finger, possibly Kallis's jaw as well; did you enjoy that?

Cricket is a brutal game - nobody wants to see anybody ever get seriously injured, but I've got no problem with our bowlers trying to hurt the opposition.
Actually, GROTTO didn't enjoy it. Dig up the match thread from the first test last summer and read some of the tripe on the last couple of pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back