Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing about this draft than any draft I can recall.

Even the guru's are in the dark, the picks from each change every other day.
One so confused they are naming players in the top Ten that won't be attending. It's a monty that the top ten are attending, the AFL make sure of it, TV rights demand it.

Normally the experts are pretty much all going with similar top ten picks 24 hours out from the draft and mostly their on the money.

Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw, Picket and Moore are certain top ten.
Durdin was the only late invitee so he is 50/50 to fill one of the last five places if you call him a backup second pick for one club. I doubt that and believe he is now top ten so that leaves the remaining four picks from-

De Goey, Ahearn, Laverde, Duggan, Weller, Wright, Goddard, Lever and Marchbank.
Five of these will be available at 11, happy days.

Cockatoo is ours if we want him that's a given but the trail is going cold in the last week so either the recruiters are saying nothing or one of the above is about to join us.

The only player I don't rate from above is Marchbank. The rest I rate highly and we are going to get a good player.

Have read little about Duggan until now given I loved the hype of Cockatoo/Laverde and to a lesser extent Weller. Done a bit of homework. I think he can definitely work. What he lacks in pace I think he makes up for in 360º vision, bit like Pendles. The game seems to slow for him a bit. Elite kicking, even though highlights are highlights, his kicks always find someone in a favourable position. - no doubt what Simpson is all about. Big plus is his leadership capacity, I get the feeling that was and will be a big tick for any club.

Having said all that, is he another Masten? If Masto had the pace he had when he was 15-16 and still running around the red thing, there would be no doubt he would be an explosive mid.... same reason Brisbane picked up Kieran King with a speculative pick a handful of years back. I hope whatever decision is made tomorrow it works out... i just feel like we've been safe for so long, it would be nice to have a punt - I don't think anyone would get upset if we picked up a Cockatoo or a Laverde and they turned out to be average. It would be a lot easier pill to swallow then seeing them blossom somewhere else

Anyone got some deblurring software handy?

SfIdulX.jpg

Have read little about Duggan until now given I loved the hype of Cockatoo/Laverde and to a lesser extent Weller. Done a bit of homework. I think he can definitely work. What he lacks in pace I think he makes up for in 360º vision, bit like Pendles. The game seems to slow for him a bit. Elite kicking, even though highlights are highlights, his kicks always find someone in a favourable position. - no doubt what Simpson is all about. Big plus is his leadership capacity, I get the feeling that was and will be a big tick for any club.

Having said all that, is he another Masten? If Masto had the pace he had when he was 15-16 and still running around the red thing, there would be no doubt he would be an explosive mid.... same reason Brisbane picked up Kieran King with a speculative pick a handful of years back. I hope whatever decision is made tomorrow it works out... i just feel like we've been safe for so long, it would be nice to have a punt - I don't think anyone would get upset if we picked up a Cockatoo or a Laverde and they turned out to be average. It would be a lot easier pill to swallow then seeing them blossom somewhere else

Agree on duggan. To me footy nous are more important than merely having a big body or speed. Having said that though, it seems as though we will have a lot of good options to choose from at 11 and I wouldn't be disappointed if we come home with any of Duggan, Weller, Leverde or Cockie.

Agree on duggan. To me footy nous are more important than merely having a big body or speed. Having said that though, it seems as though we will have a lot of good options to choose from at 11 and I wouldn't be disappointed if we come home with any of Duggan, Weller, Leverde, Cockie, or Swift.

EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that from the poll Laverde wasn't even considered an option 1 month ago, such was the expectation he would be a top pick (Or Keyser just doesn't know ****).

But what has really changed since then? To me he seems like a great fit for us, he's an exciting talent with less queries that the other blokes has the size and build to make it as a midfielder, has the flexibility that Simpson and Co. are after.

If he's available at 11 he's a potential for steal of the draft.

i really dont see anything in liam duggan that suggests he's anything better than just a tidy midfielder.

been touted as someone with a nice long kick,
please watch this footage and tell me he isnt just booting the s**t out of it.
i want a player who can actually create something and can think laterally.
a tidy footballer is the direct opposite to what we need

Wouldn't call Duggan slow. Slow is Priddis.
All the profiles label him as below average pace and a player who "has more
time than those around him." That's just fancy talk for composed, but slow.

We've just added more below average pace midfielders in Sheed and Waterman, do we really want more? He's obviously highly skilled but we have the chance to add something we don't have to the mix here. Sadly I can see us going the conservative route again.

All the profiles label him as below average pace and a player who "has more
time than those around him." That's just fancy talk for composed, but slow.

We've just added more below average pace midfielders in Sheed and Waterman, do we really want more? He's obviously highly skilled but we have the chance to add something we don't have to the mix here. Sadly I can see us going the conservative route again.

Is it worth taking what's on offer pace wise, if they are less talented though? not for me. If Laverde isn't there at pick 11, then i would be very happy with Duggan as he is probably the most talented kid on offer.

Is it worth taking what's on offer pace wise, if they are less talented though? not for me. If Laverde isn't there at pick 11, then i would be very happy with Duggan as he is probably the most talented kid on offer.
It's a shame Cockatoo hasn't had more exposed form on which to judge and possibly select him.

Interesting that from the poll Laverde wasn't even considered an option 1 month ago, such was the expectation he would be a top pick (Or Keyser just doesn't know ****).

A little from column A and a lot from column B

Honestly didn't think he'd make it to our pick and from what I'd read at the time it seemed he was a lock to go to collingwood. Over the last day or so laverde has gone from an outside chance of sliding out of the top 10, to most likely being taken by us with open arms to now potentially lasting to late teens. Now I'm no draft guru, not even close, but it escapes me how this guy lasts to 11, let alone have us overlook him

I doubt it will however as I said earlier a team that can afford a risk will take Cockatoo earlier then he should go. GC as predicted by Emma Quayle can afford such a risk as they have a plethora of midfield and young talent.

I'd expect Cockatoo to go from 11-20 but he is more around a 15-25 pick.
Yeah fair enough. Let's hope our safer approach pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back