Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got down to training today for the first time and was very impressed with the way the boys are going about the business of getting ready for this season

Neale ,Sutcliffe and Duffy were the standouts . Morabito still doing most of his training away from the pack . He has dropped a few kilos and looks the better for it . RTB was watching the initial training from the balcony but when the boys started the match sims he took over and String Bag as Bluey calls him was blowing his whistle very early and was onto anything that wasn't to his liking .

Lachie Neale is looking a million bucks .
Sheridan looked to be in great shape as well .

For those concerned about Moller and his slow improvement and thinking that he was lucky to still be on our list ,the coaches were singing his praises .He has added 8 kgs to his frame and its all muscle . He is putting in the work to build up but he has a long way to go .
The Irishman is something else . Galic Football has given us a boy with height and serious speed . he prefers to handball more than kick but he has a fantastic side step and evasive skills once he gets his head around our game plan and his fitness up a couple of notches this kid could play forward or back .

When the session finished for the main group at 11 am Mayne came out onto the ground and pushed himself first doing 75 meter sprints followed by 75 meter brisk walks for half an hour and then laps of the oval with a minute break between each lap . He did about 10 laps before he left the track .
He is another one that has dropped a kilo or 2 and looks really good for it .

I got down to training today for the first time and was very impressed with the way the boys are going about the business of getting ready for this season

Neale ,Sutcliffe and Duffy were the standouts . Morabito still doing most of his training away from the pack . He has dropped a few kilos and looks the better for it . RTB was watching the initial training from the balcony but when the boys started the match sims he took over and String Bag as Bluey calls him was blowing his whistle very early and was onto anything that wasn't to his liking .

For those concerned about Moller and his slow improvement and thinking that he was lucky to still be on our list ,the coaches were singing his praises .He has added 8 kgs to his frame and its all muscle . He is putting in the work to build up but he has a long way to go .
The Irishman is something else . Galic Football has given us a boy with height and serious speed . he prefers to handball more than kick but he has a fantastic side step and evasive skills once he gets his head around our game plan and his fitness up a couple of notches this kid could play forward or back .

When the session finished for the main group at 11 am Mayne came out onto the ground and pushed himself first doing 75 meter sprints followed by 75 meter brisk walks for half an hour and then laps of the oval with a minute break between each lap . He did about 10 laps before he left the track .

So Neale and Sutcliffe were in full training?

I got there about 10 and they had just left the track and went off somewhere else. They emerged about an hour later along with Duffy so I assume they are in the rehab group.

The new Dawson?

Thanks for the report from those of us who live afar :thumbsu:

Neale ,Sutcliffe and Duffy were the standouts .
When the session finished for the main group at 11 am Mayne came out onto the ground and pushed himself..

Thanks again for your early reports and those of the others' too in the other thread.

Really keen to keep track of Duffy as he is an important key to an aggressive offensive push next year. Great sign that he is out there already coming off shoulder surgery - I gather it was running work and not ball work?

And is it early to be seeing the match sim work relative to prior years?

Mayne would be of character to know that he has considerable upside on his 2014 form too so no surprise to see him doing the extra yards early on.

I didn't even notice the other one. Haven't been on here for a while and this has always been the vanilla slice, sausage roll and training thread.

Mora would be in the rehab group. He injured his knee late in the season but not serious.
Are you saying we have started doing match sims already ?
I went to the first training session for this pre and saw we had the footys out after one hour.
Can't remember if we have started ball work that early in the past.

I got there about 10 and they had just left the track and went off somewhere else. They emerged about an hour later along with Duffy so I assume they are in the rehab group.
They are not in the rehab group they are setting the bar for the other players to reach . Duffy said to me that he is is the best shape he has been since he was recruited .

Mora would be in the rehab group. He injured his knee late in the season but not serious.
Are you saying we have started doing match sims already ?
I went to the first training session for this pre and saw we had the footys out after one hour.
Can't remember if we have started ball work that early in the past.

The boys did a match sim for about 3\4s of an hour then did some goal kicking .
Some then did one on one a coach ,quick hands routine while Apeness, Moller and Hannath did ruck taping both hands .
Grey , Ballard and Sheridan did body position training for stoppages then it was all over at 11 am for them and Mayne did his thing .
The rest of the boys went into the gym to work on weights .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks again for your early reports and those of the others' too in the other thread.

Really keen to keep track of Duffy as he is an important key to an aggressive offensive push next year. Great sign that he is out there already coming off shoulder surgery - I gather it was running work and not ball work?

Mayne would be of character to know that he has considerable upside on his 2014 form too so no surprise to see him doing the extra yards early on.

+1

Really have my heart set on him being a regular next season so hearing he's doing all he can at training is promising. Also agree on Mayne leaving nothing out on the training ground this summer, he's a consummate pro looking for redemption.

Yeah it is - mind you in the Harves days they were running laps for half the pre-season

Lyon's first pre brought all sorts of weird ideas like - the guys splitting off into midfield, defender, forward groups and doing specific drills.. skills training.. goal kicking practice over dummies

Earlier again for doing skills but it's probably never too early

No when I got there they were doing their own thing with Duffy and a couple of others then they left training before the match sims

Moved this to the existing thread.

Comments about Vanilla slices and Sausage rolls should be taking in moderation.
But they were so amazing!

Hopefully if we have snagged a couple of local lads in todays draft they will be down there tomorrow all starry eyed and dumbstruck.
Ballard catching the red eye last year and rocking up before any one had arrived ,thats the dedication we need

PS the Ballard story is probably an urban myth

Great stuff!!

So Hurleys kicking is a bit off? By much or?

Hopefully if we have snagged a couple of local lads in todays draft they will be down there tomorrow all starry eyed and dumbstruck.
Ballard catching the red eye last year and rocking up before any one had arrived ,thats the dedication we need

PS the Ballard story is probably an urban myth

Less chance than ever of recruiting local lads - but just because of quality this time. Fingers crossed for Smith and McGovern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back