List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone on the McDonald train at 25. Kpd is our last need. He wasn't even invited to the draft camp until some clubs suggested he should, so clearly not that high on clubs list. Didn't play u18 state.
I chance at 36 ok but not at 25. We could potentially get 2 highly skilled outside midfielders with our first 2 picks

What determines a slider or bolter? None of these kids have a definative spot they are supposed to go. None of the club scouts give anything away.
I doubt scouts are 100% tight lipped on what they feel about the draft range of kids.

If 9 out of 10 people (even if its media) who are paid to judge draftees put a kid at between 12-17 and they fall to 25 you could definitely classify that as a slider.

QUOTE="DarkPhoenix, post: 36223220, member: 80326"]I doubt scouts are 100% tight lipped on what they feel about the draft range of kids.

If 9 out of 10 people (even if its media) who are paid to judge draftees put a kid at between 12-17 and they fall to 25 you could definitely classify that as a slider.[/QUOTE]
I'm tipping they are very tight lipped about the ones they like in that range.

Heath could never get Lewis to do any interview before the draft. He did not even want to give the slightest thing away.

Then whole line of picking a player with their first pick because he might not last to their second pick is the most idiotic line trotted out by these journo's at this time of year. It defys sense.

You pick the kid because he's the best kid for that selection not because someone might get in before your next pick.

Look, I really like McKenzie, would be rapt with him at 25, but I think there are better options at 16.

Then whole line of picking a player with their first pick because he might not last to their second pick is the most idiotic line trotted out by these journo's at this time of year. It defys sense.

You pick the kid because he's the best kid for that selection not because someone might get in before your next pick.

Look, I really like McKenzie, would be rapt with him at 25, but I think there are better options at 16.
Exactly. You take the best available and hope he lasts. If he doesn't you still got the better option

Yep. Sucks Brett 33
Along with the almost father sons in kelly and Brayshaw. Lol
couldve been a momentous few years at the draft.

Having said that. We will still do well this year it seems.

After last year's efforts, I would've thought I'd be reading a few more "whatever hsppens I'll back the club" comments though.

We've also shown a willingness before take a punt that they will last - Basti ahead of Black etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. For what it's worth I actually quite like D.McKenzie, but if other clubs offer you an absolute steal like a Laverde or a Weller on a platter at 16 you take it with both hands and say 'thank you very much'. You don't take McKenzie and pass on the bargain to *.

Don't get the D. McKenzie love. Would be very unhappy with him 16 and probably 25.

25. Ed Vickers-Willis
36. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Would be disappointing.

Emma Q tends to "know stuff" so if she's got us taking D McKenzie at 16 there's a reasonable chance that she's right. Would personally prefer others but I'll wait and see

McKenzie over Weller = the woodwind section of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra buried under three randoms I will have thrown off the balcony.

I don't see the chasm others do. McKenzie's highlights were playing Div 1 and TAC vs Weller playing Div 2 and NEAFL.

Unless people are basing their opinions on something other than the draft machine highlights?

McKenzie over Weller = the woodwind section of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra buried under three randoms I will have thrown off the balcony.

Now... Now... No need to go THAT far... Just under a brass band

McKenzie over Ellis any day of the week based on what I have seen. Mckenzie offers that outside class and speed we are missing with a touch of winning his own contested ball when needed. Weller looks the goods as well so would not be disappointed with him at 16.
WOWEE, what a night its gonna be.
This could be the best draft ever.

If you guys get D Mac be stoked. He's a star and can play in he middle. Less exposure this year because he's been playing school footy for caulfield grammar where he showed a rediculous ability to sit on people's heads. Kids a star and has been injured at important times over the last few years but has had some continuity and is an athletic freak with super hands and a good kick.

I don't see the chasm others do. McKenzie's highlights were playing Div 1 and TAC vs Weller playing Div 2 and NEAFL.

Unless people are basing their opinions on something other than the draft machine highlights?

Weller looks to be a classier user.

If you guys get D Mac be stoked. He's a star and can play in he middle. Less exposure this year because he's been playing school footy for caulfield grammar where he showed a rediculous ability to sit on people's heads. Kids a star and has been injured at important times over the last few years but has had some continuity and is an athletic freak with super hands and a good kick.
Is that you D Mac?

Player X at draft:
- 182cm 76kg
- Small Defender/Half Back but also extremely versatile
- Good speed and footskills
- Tested superbly at the combine
- Very strong overhead
- Good one on one, also a physical player
- Strong tackler

Player Y at draft:
- 183cm 77kg
- Small Defender/Half Back but also extremely versatile