Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wright was to go to Melbourne, Petracca would likely go to GWS at 4, meaning Collingwood get Pickett (ew). Which would also mean more sliders and more options at our pick.

Just spoke to my mate from inside the eagles, same one that said a player had hurt his hand (Yeo), said that they've basically locked in Cockatoo, done a lot of homework on him and rate him extremely highly. I asked about Lavarde, he said they still expect him to be long gone by our pick.

#ITK

Hope you're right, and I expect you will be re Laverde. I refuse to believe he will get past pick five, let alone all the way to 11.

I like Duggan again , I think being a lower age then most and his good skills and his professionalism and ability to move into the midfield could see him at WCE . Call me safety first but wouldn't mind Weller also for his pace , Laverde probably the best of the lot but just think we haven't considered him a chance at our pick . Will be a test for the recruiters tomorrow .

Duggan worries me his lack of pace, he is slower than Sheed.

A midfield of waterman, sheed and Duggan would be incredibly slow.

Waterman and Duggan will compete for same spot and are so similar as players.

So on that basis Duggan is a do not wont.

Just spoke to my mate from inside the eagles, same one that said a player had hurt his hand (Yeo), said that they've basically locked in Cockatoo, done a lot of homework on him and rate him extremely highly. I asked about Lavarde, he said they still expect him to be long gone by our pick.

I think everyone is dying for some X Factor so this would go down well I reckon.

He had a great year at 16 and 17 so it's not like he's unproven or anything.

He initially said they expected Weller and cockatoo to be gone as well did he not?

So there's hope (small) that laverde might get through still.

Cockatoo/Miller/Smith/McGovern would be quite the draft...

Cockatoo/Miller/Lonie/McGovern/Waterman - now that would be a victory.

Jack Lonie (Dandenong Stingrays)

Born 13.8.1996, 174cm, 67kg

AFL biography: Busy small forward who reads the ball exceptionally well off hands, is a penetrating left footer and smart around goals. His ability to set-up teammates and create opportunities for others is rare. Excellent for Vic Country at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, winning their MVP award whilst averaging 14.3 disposals and 1.5 goals across six matches. Cousin of former AFL players Ryan and Nathan Lonie.

Mark Wheeler, Dandenong Stingrays: "Jack's our favourite. There is nothing wrong with him, other than the fact he's 174cm. He's a small forward who knows how to play that role, defensively he's great. I'm not sure he'll make it into an AFL midfield, but if it does it might take 3-5 years of development. He's courageous, he knows where the goals are, he's proven himself on a big stage and he's a bit like Hayden Ballantyne. He never shuts up and has a bit of spunk about him, he doesn't mind telling you how good he is when he's just kicked a couple of goals on you. He's brave, and the best thing about him is he oozes leadership. Jack's the one everyone wants to listen to."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duggan worries me his lack of pace, he is slower than Sheed.

A midfield of waterman, sheed and Duggan would be incredibly slow.

Waterman and Duggan will compete for same spot and are so similar as players.

So on that basis Duggan is a do not wont.

Ex---fricken---actly

People saying "just draft menadue with our 2nd bro....." need to give themselves and uppercut. The majority of phantoms getting around has had him going at an early 20's pick since the beginning. Draft another slow midfielder with the hope of recruiting pace with our 2nd isn't going to work.

If we draft Duggan, we will have the exact same midfield problems next year. No pace, no creativity, no carrying of the football (bar Shuey).

What we will have however is another small, slow midfielder who has a good kick, at U18 level. No telling if he'll even play, with the frame he has.

would be organising a party with that. Thats like Judd, Kerr Mach 2 with a bodyguard Byron Pickett type
Well lite versions of them maybe. Not equivalent talents

Anything about Duggan?

Really hoping we take Cockatoo. Ticks everything we need.

What would we do if Laverde is available at 11?

Can't see both Laverde and Cockatoo both being gone by our pick so this is great news if accurate. :thumbsu:

What makes you say that? Strikes me as more of a 'hard gainer' than Cockatoo or Duggan. Can't see him filling out all that much (queue 45 mins a day jokes). Tony Notte was 194cm.

I personally think Cockatoo is the most able to withstand the physical rigours of AFL of the draftees we're looking at. He is very physically developed and has a natural contested game. Probably just isn't the athlete Laverde is and neither are great kicks.

You'd call him lightly built? He seems pretty well filled out already to me. Tony notte was like 5kg's when he was drafted and looked it (direct quote from woodhouse) Wouldn't surprise me if Laverde grew another couple cm's and put on a few easy Kg's like Bonti has, they have the same frame.

Cockatoo 'looks' to be able to withstand the rigours, what in his 2 minute highlight video against that team of kids? I'm not saying you're wrong, Cockatoo does probably look to be ready to step into AFL, and is definitely my preference should Laverde be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back