AYJSKK123

Senior List
Oct 5, 2007
brunswick, melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
KoondrookBarham,Fitz Reds
Doubt this would happen, 3 towns with 10 times the population cant compete successfully in the BFL ,so I doubt Wedderburn with a population of 700 would have even been bought up at any BFL discussions. The Redbacks may have won 4 NCFL flags but wouldn't be competitive at their strongest in the BFL. Have battled for years to put 2 sides on the park due to lack of local numbers and lack of juniors coming through.Wont happen.
Spot on Morgdogga not a chance in hell to be consistently competative in BFL!!

Snowy73

Debutant
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
NAMBOUR & HINTERLAND BLUES AFC
Looking to move to the Sunshine coast Qld.
Nambour are looking for Players to Strengthen the current lists for Season 2015.
Currently playing in the QFA North.
Assist with finding employment.
PM Snowy73 if interested.

BFL Tragic

Draftee
Aug 26, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I am predicting some big news from Kangaroo Flat in the next week or two. I’m hearing that they have something big in the works.

Also hearing that Eaglehawk have loaded up and the Stormers are just getting stronger with some more handy additions.
Very quiet in terms of gossip on here. Anyone heard anything of late?

Kan ga roo

Draftee
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am predicting some big news from Kangaroo Flat in the next week or two. I’m hearing that they have something big in the works.

Also hearing that Eaglehawk have loaded up and the Stormers are just getting stronger with some more handy additions.
Cam Milward signed back at eaglehawk

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond

Heard that a few of the young boys at Flat are heading to YCW with Murray Collins, Flemming to Mounts. Hill, Gretgrix and Findlay back to Eaglehawk with two boys from LBU. Eaglehawk could be big improvers.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Heard that a few of the young boys at Flat are heading to YCW with Murray Collins, Flemming to Mounts. Hill, Gretgrix and Findlay back to Eaglehawk with two boys from LBU. Eaglehawk could be big improvers.

I thought the Flat were building towards some finals actions who have they lost to YCW? I did hear Rinaldi might be moving QLD which would be a blow as well. Crow might be able to tell us.

Any word out of Gissy, Maryborough and the Maine? Sides in town seem to be recruiting well.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that Rick Ladson has been re appointed interleague coach this year even though he will be a registered player in another league

Wouldnt happen that often but there are plenty of games played at alternative times especially early in the year and he has already been in the job as well which means he has the appropriate contacts in place. Not that big a deal I dont think.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wouldnt happen that often but there are plenty of games played at alternative times especially early in the year and he has already been in the job as well which means he has the appropriate contacts in place. Not that big a deal I dont think.

Logistically I have no doubt it could work ok as I understand he is not going to play every week for Macorna but I just find it interesting that he will be registered with a club in another league yet coach the inter league side

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Logistically I have no doubt it could work ok as I understand he is not going to play every week for Macorna but I just find it interesting that he will be registered with a club in another league yet coach the inter league side

I suppose Justin Abrams was hardly going to judge him on that given he is Coaching a Club over near Ballarat himself next year.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tend to agree not sure it would have been discussed with the Clubs beforehand.

I know that back at home at Lalbert Jamie Macri was unable to continue his role as coach due to taking a role with AFL Vic Country due to conflict of interest reason. I see this as similar. I suppose the thing that Abrams may be able to point to is that the club he is coaching does not come under the same regional Hub as the one he is employed by however I don't reckon it is a great look

spiderweb

Debutant
May 23, 2007
Mulvern
AFL Club
Adelaide
Massive conflict of interest. Abrams is supposed to be looking after the HDFl, LDFL and BFL i believe. How can he do this while coaching outside the region? Another example of the "Hub' boys lining their own pockets. Surely he should be getting around to the local leagues each Saturday to keep upto date with whats happening in local Bendigo Footy. Maybe he will find out in Calcutta?? Wonder who's paying for this trip?? I'm led to believe that there will be a few more announcements of the boys at the Hub looking after one another pretty soon.

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I know that back at home at Lalbert Jamie Macri was unable to continue his role as coach due to taking a role with AFL Vic Country due to conflict of interest reason. I see this as similar. I suppose the thing that Abrams may be able to point to is that the club he is coaching does not come under the same regional Hub as the one he is employed by however I don't reckon it is a great look
Pretty sure Rik Coburn was in the same boat, can't coach a side because of his role.

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Massive conflict of interest. Abrams is supposed to be looking after the HDFl, LDFL and BFL i believe. How can he do this while coaching outside the region? Another example of the "Hub' boys lining their own pockets. Surely he should be getting around to the local leagues each Saturday to keep upto date with whats happening in local Bendigo Footy. Maybe he will find out in Calcutta?? Wonder who's paying for this trip?? I'm led to believe that there will be a few more announcements of the boys at the Hub looking after one another pretty soon.
It's a bit like the HUB wanting us to buy all the gear through them, pies, socks, tape etc, A lot of the companies are outside the region. It's all the little shops in town that get hit for sponsorship and then Abrahams is searching for deals outside of town. Makes me think what is his bonus structure or his slush fund.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
It's a bit like the HUB wanting us to buy all the gear through them, pies, socks, tape etc, A lot of the companies are outside the region. It's all the little shops in town that get hit for sponsorship and then Abrahams is searching for deals outside of town. Makes me think what is his bonus structure or his slush fund.
You would think this should be the furtherest part of their thinking country footy needs a major reform in reshaping leagues to fit where people are moving. I think that echuca, Rochy and kerang should join the bfl with kyneton, gissy to go to into the riddell and maryborough and castlemaine to look at the central highlands, can't see it happening when we the vcfl are outsourcing clubs buy gear from outside the region

Bowled Shane

Debutant
May 30, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
You would think this should be the furtherest part of their thinking country footy needs a major reform in reshaping leagues to fit where people are moving. I think that echuca, Rochy and kerang should join the bfl with kyneton, gissy to go to into the riddell and maryborough and castlemaine to look at the central highlands, can't see it happening when we the vcfl are outsourcing clubs buy gear from outside the region
Great post - drop the southern connection and go north - not sure about Kerang - then again maybe - add Moama who are only getting stronger.

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kalangadoo, Mitta United, Greta
I thought the Flat were building towards some finals actions who have they lost to YCW? I did hear Rinaldi might be moving QLD which would be a blow as well. Crow might be able to tell us.

Any word out of Gissy, Maryborough and the Maine? Sides in town seem to be recruiting well.
Gents,
been away
I heard Cam was on the move to Qld but also heard the family thing was sorted and he had resigned
Will find out as AGM tonight

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gents,
been away
I heard Cam was on the move to Qld but also heard the family thing was sorted and he had resigned
Will find out as AGM tonight

Crowy good too see you back! Rinaldi would be a big piece of the puzzle to play finals you would think so great for the Roos if he is right to go. Who is the President at Flat for next year?

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crowy good too see you back! Rinaldi would be a big piece of the puzzle to play finals you would think so great for the Roos if he is right to go. Who is the President at Flat for next year?
Cam is still on the fence Warrnambool is the location as his Mrs comes from there and getting a bit of heat at home
Paul Brookes is Pres again for I think the 6th year and after a great year on the books the club is in a good place but what ever they do will be sustainable.......well until the council prices us out of Dower Park
Heard some disturbing news today that the council is taking over from DSE and yearly rent for Football,Cricket and Netball combined will go from $21k per year to $80k
Will near kill the club
Not sure if the Bourgh will have the same issue out there with the works being done

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cam is still on the fence Warrnambool is the location as his Mrs comes from there and getting a bit of heat at home
Paul Brookes is Pres again for I think the 6th year and after a great year on the books the club is in a good place but what ever they do will be sustainable.......well until the council prices us out of Dower Park
Heard some disturbing news today that the council is taking over from DSE and yearly rent for Football,Cricket and Netball combined will go from $21k per year to $80k
Will near kill the club
Not sure if the Bourgh will have the same issue out there with the works being done

That would be ruthless of the Council hopefully doesnt go ahead.
Is the Club still recruiting Crow or content with those that were announced last week?

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Is the Club still recruiting Crow or content with those that were announced last week?
Still recruiting and a couple of good possibles just working on finer details

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
we will loose a handful as most clubs do because of work,family and dollars but gut feel says we will be a better list than 2014

Back