List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 24 2014 12:32 PM
Will Dan McKenzie be able to become a mid at AFL level? Or mainly a HBF?

2 of 2 Comments
  • 7b9db0b8-fd98-4aed-8598-03eb12f75255.png

Champion Data
    Hi Cam, from what we've seen of Dan McKenzie at TAC Cup level, indications are he could push into the midfield. In four of his final six games for Oakleigh last season he collected 20-plus disposals.
    November 24 2014 12:33 PM
  • 7b9db0b8-fd98-4aed-8598-03eb12f75255.png

Champion Data
    Sam says that North is very keen on him.
    November 24 2014 12:34 PM
Must say looking at his vision reminds me a lot of David King! Personally would prefer Cockatoo or Weller at 16 if available.

Player X at draft:
- 182cm 76kg
- Small Defender/Half Back but also extremely versatile
- Good speed and footskills
- Tested superbly at the combine
- Very strong overhead
- Good one on one, also a physical player
- Strong tackler

Player Y at draft:
- 183cm 77kg
- Small Defender/Half Back but also extremely versatile
- Good speed and footskills
- Tested superbly at the combine
- Very strong overhead
- Good one on one, also a physical player
- Strong tackler

Player X is Rory Sloane, Player Y is Dan McKenzie
So we can get D Mac for a 3rd rounder? I'm hoping for Laverde now!

If you guys get D Mac be stoked. He's a star and can play in he middle. Less exposure this year because he's been playing school footy for caulfield grammar where he showed a rediculous ability to sit on people's heads. Kids a star and has been injured at important times over the last few years but has had some continuity and is an athletic freak with super hands and a good kick.

Yep.
Get him in.
I WANNA SEE SOME SCREEEAMMERRSSS!

Guys, seriously. If you've taken into account our recent draft record you would all know that we have nothing to worry about tomorrow. Last year we nailed EVERY pick, including the rookie draft. Have a little faith.

I'm feeling really confident about this draft for north, I'm really hoping GWS or gold coast throw a few spanners in the works because that could really benefit us. Here's hoping we get a few sliders!

Correct me if im wrong but didn't Mav Weller have problems fitting in at the Suns and wasn't very well liked by a lot of the players up there? Would his brother feel comfortable going to the same club, and would the Suns players feel comfortable with him coming in?

He trained with the club for a significant block of time this year as part of their Academy, so I'd say there's no rift between them.

I noticed in some phantoms Lever slipping. What would everyone think about taking him if he was there?

I'd have Ahern and Weller ahead but would definitely take him after that.

It'd be great value, but I'm not a big fan of taking KPDs in the first round, especially if there's quality midfielders available.

Also, is it just me or does Vickers-Willis sound like Jmac 2.0?

VW is 2cm taller than J-Mac but you're right, very very much in that mould of player, great comparison to say Alan Toovey. Versatile no-frills defender who will take any job and do it well, and provides leadership & organisation in defence. I'd love to get him but I'd consider a genuine KPD more valuable.

She has a lot of guys in weird places. Whole list:

1. McCartin
2. Brayshaw
3. Petracca
4. Pickett
5. De Goey
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank
8. Wright
9. Moore
10. Durdin
11. Duggan
12. Ellis
13. Lever
14. Langford
15. Cockatoo
16. D. McKenzie
17. Laverde
18. Heeney
19. Weller
20. Garlett
21. Goddard

Geez, I will be left scratching my head if that's the way it goes down. I don't mind Dan McKenzie and if that's who the recruiting team thinks is best I'll put my faith in them on it. He does seem like the kind of player we need. That said, to pick him with the likes of Laverde, Weller, Garlett and Goddard still available is the sort of notion I haven't even heard before now.

What time is the draft on? I've been roped in to a few drinks at a pub and I'll be damned if I'm missing it. If we overlook Weller...I may have to switch from shirley temples to whiskey

FoxFooty coverage starts at 6:30 PM AEDT, but of course there'll be some waffling on before the actual draft itself kicks off. If you have the AFL Live App Subscription watchmajigger you can watch it on your phone.

After last year's efforts, I would've thought I'd be reading a few more "whatever hsppens I'll back the club" comments though.

Yeah, this. As much as I have my own opinions on what I think would work best for the club - they're the pros, not us. They know what they're doing!

Look I'm probably being a bit harsh, McKenzie IS a ripping prospect, he is seriously strong overhead for a midfielder and could pose a real dual threat with Ziebell down the track, he has elite speed, which isn't often a combination found with an elite contested mark for a midfielder.

I guess I view Weller, Garlett and Cockatoo as better fits, but that doesn't mean I'm right, people shouldn't get up in arms about McKenzie if he's picked, he's probably not that far off the other 3, which isn't to say he won't blow right past them in the next 12 months.

He's very athletic, which IS something we are crying out for in the midfield.

As I said, Cockatoo/Laverde/Garlett/Weller AND McKenzie would be absolutely ******* awesome.

Not sure where the lack of faith in our recruiting team is coming from.
Well I don't know about you but I have read 9 phantom drafts and watched 25 youtube clips on Draft hopefuls, so I feel that right now I am as knowledgeable and prepared for this draft as is humanly possible. Feel free to ask me anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I don't know about you but I have read 9 phantom drafts and watched 25 youtube clips on Draft hopefuls, so I feel that right now I am as knowledgeable and prepared for this draft as is humanly possible. Feel free to ask me anything.
If l kept walking at the speed light and threw an apple at the same time, would l still be able to get Jessica alba?

Just to skip the last couple of pages, but what KPP do people think we will get, because it seems all the chatter is utensil (yes very funny BTRON and Toes), Garlett and others, but very little on what we will get in terms of descent KP depth.

Geez, McKenzie looks orrite.

16 for utensil and either two above with 25 you reckon? McKenzie seems the more popular choice around here.

Cockatoo and McKenzie would be a pretty beastly combination to take in one draft.

You also probably have to consider though, we probably need to look at who's going to have an immediate impact as well, we have a list that has a couple of year window atm, I think Garlett could have a huge impact off a wing for a finals side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back