List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty as a hawks supporter, I think it is obvious who the saints need to pick.
Last year you guys got a great player in billings who has huge potential!! Great to see
This year I think saints need to pick McCartin. Not often you have the chance to get a big man with huge potential!! And being able to learn off Saint nick will be a huge positive, I personally believe that (I think it's his name) Tom lee is not ready and McCartin will be in the best 22 from round 1 if he don't get injured in pre season

This reminds me so much of the situation with Hawks when we got Roughead! Cmon saints do good for yourself and show melbourne you know how to make use of a number 1 pick

Thoughts saints fans

In all honesty as a hawks supporter, I think it is obvious who the saints need to pick.
Last year you guys got a great player in billings who has huge potential!! Great to see
This year I think saints need to pick McCartin. Not often you have the chance to get a big man with huge potential!! And being able to learn off Saint nick will be a huge positive, I personally believe that (I think it's his name) Tom lee is not ready and McCartin will be in the best 22 from round 1 if he don't get injured in pre season

This reminds me so much of the situation with Hawks when we got Roughead! Cmon saints do good for yourself and show melbourne you know how to make use of a number 1 pick

Thoughts saints fans
I do agree that no matter who we pick we will get a great player out of them. We fortunately do have a really good history with our number 1s. If Maccartin can achieve Roughhead quality then we cant lose but if he becomes more of a Jack Watts then it will be like giving up Judd all over again.

*edit I kind of just contradicted myself there, haha, but my point is more the risk of him becoming a B grade forward vs the A grade of Roughhead/Rooey etc..

Just for some light relief, in the HUN's article about Jones joining the Zebras, their chosen photo of Jonesy is not the most flattering!

759888-a7a5f34c-751c-11e4-89a8-fac0f39c435f.jpg

I do wonder if the club's analysis makes them believe that Mccartin is a lot closer to a "Riewoldt/Boyd etc.." dominant forward then is publicly thought. With his smaller videoed game time and data its harder for us to see how he has done but the club would have been watching his every move for a while now.

I would be leaning towards this if we do take him as giving up Petracca, who is obviously a dominant and potentially once in a generation mid, for an above average forward is a really big call. However if Mccartin is suspected to have that truly elite aspect then he could be worth that gamble. Just some late night food for thought.

I was expecting Petracca just cos of all the Phantom drafts.
TBH im happy with Petracca or McCartin. Both would be bloody fantastic but sadly we gotta pick just one.
Going by the latest reports it sounds like we're going to be on the "PADDY WAGON":)
Despite the fact that some people on here will go into meltdown if the club doesnt pick the player they wanted.
We cant lose . And I back the Trout and Bains to make a good decision for our future.
cant wait to see what we do with our other picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weird thing is, I keep seeing these posts about how much of a trainwreck this thread has become - but because I have Big Mart on ignore, I don't know what on earth they're talking about. Even Joffaboy in his earlier spat really wasn't that bad - a bit of passion never hurt anybody.

Seriously, don't let one fly in the soup mean you throw the whole bowl away.

I only get pissed when someone tells me to * off and support another team because I critisised the club for going for McCartin.

I then get asked over and over "have you seen the two players play" when I am not even arguing their merits.

Apparently if you dont back the club 100%, 100% of the time on all decisions you somehow aren't a true supporter.

Yes you can only be passionate if it is club sanctioned passion according to some

I only get pissed when someone tells me to **** off and support another team because I critisised the club for going for McCartin.

I then get asked over and over "have you seen the two players play" when I am not even arguing their merits.

Apparently if you dont back the club 100%, 100% of the time on all decisions you somehow aren't a true supporter.

Yes you can only be passionate if it is club sanctioned passion according to some
It's all good man, you know we love you! :)

We've had a full forward with a bung knee who got AA at 32.

I am pretty sure that McCartin's diabetes can be managed. He needs to go wheat free dunstan. Also, the Dees are also going Paleo, and that will help whoever goes 2 and 3.

Well if Paddy comes good in three years I will claim it was our negative attitude towards him that drove him to the top. At least we have three more picks to screw up looking for a bargain.

That's the first time I've seen the proposed trade of picks 1 and 21 for 4 and 7 in the media.
Yep and just wasnt enough for mine. 1 and 21 for 4 6 and 7 would have been fair....hell even a swap of later picks in addition would have been fine.

Good article - sums it up nicely. Both kids have strengths but both kids have question marks. It sucks that there is no clear number 1 the year we get it.

Although IMO we will go close again next year....

We still may get Petracca, but I have not forgotten an exchange between some HS journos a few months back. Was on a blog, or chat thing. Mark Robinson suddenly says. If you want to know how good Christian Petracca really is....just ask him. And he'll tell you in complete detail. The others seemed to concur.

Just stuck in my mind. If the call is 50:50, other factors like not being a d**khead come into the equation. If we are building a team culture do you want something potentially spoiling it. If he was out and out the No 1 choice, then fine, you would probably wear it...just. But he's not. The experts are split between the two main guys.

As I said, we might still pick CP.
I haven't seen much of acres but I think billings and Dunstan seem to be
Well if Paddy comes good in three years I will claim it was our negative attitude towards him that drove him to the top. At least we have three more picks to screw up looking for a bargain.

Recap of media phantom drafts:

Emma Quayle
1. Patrick McCarin
21. Hugh Goddard
22. ????
Avail post pick 21 - Tom Lamb, Alex Neal-bullen

Brett Anderson
1. Patrick McCartin
21. Alex Neal-bullen
22. Daniel McKenzie
Avail post pick 22 - Tom Lamb

Callum Twomey
1. Patrick McCartin
21. Alex Neal-bullen
22. Daniel McKenzie
Avail post pick 22 - Kyle Langford, Tom Lamb

Sam Landsberger and Jay Clark
1. Patrick McCartin
21. Tom Lamb
22. Alex Neal-bullen
Avail post pick 22 - Kyle Langford

Recap of bigfooty phantom drafts:

Knightmare
1. Patrick McCartin
21. Alex Neal-bullen
22. Oscar McDonald
Avail post pick 22 - D McKenzie, Lamb

Snoop Dog
1. Patrick McCartin
21. Caleb Marchbank
22. Connor Blakely
Avail post pick 22 - D McKenzie, Neal-bullen

Skippo
1. Patrick McCartin
21. Daniel McKenzie
22. Alex Neal-bullen
Avail post pick 22 - Lamb

Rahul
1. Christian Petracca
21. Alex Neal-bullen
22. ????
Avail post pick 21 - D McKenzie, Lamb

As you can see the majority has us taking McCartin, Neal-bullen and D McKenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back