List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Every Phantom drafter and their Dogs are on the bloody Ellis- Richmond bandwagon

Bigfooty
Knightmare
Snoop
Chris

Dont even get me started on the bloody Media
Im all Ellis'd out

Fk the 1st Round - Im looking foward to next 3 rounds
Other than Brayshaw to Melb and F/S there seems to be varied opinion on who will be going where except ... Richmond.

If we get Ellis we get Ellis but I hate that it seems we are so predictable. It's like I sneaked a peek at my present under the tree. No fun. I'd like us not to pick Ellis just to stick it up everyone. Surprise!

First twenty seconds of the first video put me off. Takes a mark, wants to go, hesitates, slows the play up, waits for an option, goes to kick and falters again.

We already have indecisive players on the list. Grigg, Newman, Houli, Petterd and Morris. Would rather someone who backs themselves in and goes with their gut instinct.
Do you know what was happening down field, i.e. were players out of position or not looking?

I don't understand how we are so linked to a player that no one around our pick rates at all really. I can't fathom that we are gonna grab a guy supposed to go around 15-20 when we have a chance to snag a player sliding from the top 10?

I'm sure Ellis is a good player but we have a chance to grab a player that every club rates highly like laverde duggan and weller, and not just a good player we alone rate highly.

I don't understand how we are so linked to a player that no one around our pick rates at all really. I can't fathom that we are gonna grab a guy supposed to go around 15-20 when we have a chance to snag a player sliding from the top 10?

I'm sure Ellis is a good player but we have a chance to grab a player that every club rates highly like laverde duggan and weller, and not just a good player we alone rate highly.

Posters act like we’re the only club that does this. Do people forget that DeGoey was rated as a late first rounder until Collingwood got a top 5 pick. Everyone had him mocked to Essendon at 17 but when
The Pies got pick 5 all the mail started coming through that it was either Laverde or DeGoey.

If every club rated these players highly then they wouldn't slip to our pick in the first place

We did it with Reece and it worked out .

Posters act like we’re the only club that does this. Do people forget that DeGoey was rated as a late first rounder until Collingwood got a top 5 pick. Everyone had him mocked to Essendon at 17 but when
The Pies got pick 5 all the mail started coming through that it was either Laverde or DeGoey.
DeGoey should be rated higher than 17 IMO but I see your point. Degoey would be an awesome pick up at 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft is like a meat raffle at your local pub.

Early picks are like having extra tickets, giving you more of a chance of picking up steaks than sausages.
By the late rounds there are mainly snags and breakfast packs left, but you hope the early winners were too drunk to notice the tray of delicious looking ribeye steaks sitting under the table.

Problem is some of the trays have been sitting in the sun a bit too long. You take them home, cook them for your mates who gorge on them only to find that they give you a lot of pain and everyone the shits.

Last edited:
But no body above us rates Ellis, and people after us still for a while. And the likes of weller and laverde are rated by many clubs above us they've just got some other players they want more.

So why are we taking the kid nobody rates?
How do you know they don't rate Ellis too but have others higher? It's all based on who the media rate.

Adelaide rate him a whole whopping 2 picks later.

All jokes aside I'm really looking forward to tonight's draft.

Whether informed or not I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts in this thread. Certainly brought out a load of discussion. Thanks for the contributions guys.

Will there be a separate thread for draft night?

How do you know they don't rate Ellis too but have others higher? It's all based on who the media rate.

Adelaide rate him a whole whopping 2 picks later.

And those ones rated higher could slide to us. The players everyone else rates higher than Ellis we don't. Why?

And those ones rated higher could slide to us. The players everyone else rates higher than Ellis we don't. Why?
How do you know clubs rate these supposive "sliders" higher than Ellis? I mean after all they aren't picking them for a reason. Most of them are seen as "sliders" because either the media or BigFooty have talked them up and overrated them.

Using Laverde as an example he was rated a 25-40 prospect just a few months ago. Then he was linked to Collingwoods pick 5 and all of a sudden he's seen as a slider when they look like they won't take him.

You don't know who the clubs rate you only know what the media is telling you.

And lets face facts here, their motives are as pure as..........

How do you know clubs rate these supposive "sliders" higher than Ellis? I mean after all they aren't picking them for a reason. Most of them are seen as "sliders" because either the media or BigFooty have talked them up and overrated them.

Using Laverde as an example he was rated a 25-40 prospect just a few months ago. Then he was linked to Collingwoods pick 5 and all of a sudden he's seen as a slider when they look like they won't take him.

Its because FJ is a terrible pick of first round talent but other clubs like Melbourne (Scully, Morton, Watts ect...) or Saint Kilda (Cripps, Tom Lee ect...) or GWS (Plowman, O Rourke ect...) have amazing eyes for talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back