Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the saints take is out of our control, but we must take the other two.

Most pleasing thing is that the so called experts suggest the top 3 picks are all very even but a clear top 3 from the #4-20 range.

As Melbourne fans we are well aware of the hype surrounding high draft picks so we need to temper hype & expectation, whilst remaining cautiously hopeful that these two players in time can become the players they are expected to be

Hope McCartin is ready for a career of Watts like scrutiny. Probably even worse given that Saints fans will resent him from day 1 and Watts was at the time genuinely perceived by most to be the 'best available' talent. Feel bad for the kid.

Great first post Gysberts2Bate.

I think people need to let go off the past.

To be honest prior to last year I think we should try and forget... nothing about our club was functional .. I feel now that we have strong people from top down we will make use of the picks we have now and direction we are taking.

People bringing up failed picks is just not worth it.. I do believe if we had the same people back then that we do now things might be different ..

Look forward not backwards .. we haven't had a great past few years but the forward thinking seems to be on the up and up.

I don't really care anymore. I was super hot on Petracca to begin with but i'm beginning to see the real worth of getting a KPF. I'll be happy no matter what - it's their development that i'm most concerned about.

I think people need to let go off the past.

To be honest prior to last year I think we should try and forget... nothing about our club was functional .. I feel now that we have strong people from top down we will make use of the picks we have now and direction we are taking.

People bringing up failed picks is just not worth it.. I do believe if we had the same people back then that we do now things might be different ..

Look forward not backwards .. we haven't had a great past few years but the forward thinking seems to be on the up and up.

Agree. Look how Tyson developed in 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos pretty much confirmed we're taking Braytracca.
It still worries me that he said Petracca won't be playing for Collingwood, rather than that he won't be playing for GWS. Must be the MFCSS. Will be much happier when this is over.

It still worries me that he said Petracca won't be playing for Collingwood, rather than that he won't be playing for GWS. Must be the MFCSS. Will be much happier when this is over.

Let me paraphrase, but he also said, "I'm sure clubs will get a good player at pick 4 or 16, but we'll be taking a combination of 2 of the 3 players in question".

It's settled.

Same. I've had a weird feeling for a week that the Saints will pick Peter Wright at #1.

Leaving the best 3 available and we again open ourselves up to making a mistake... and our track record isn't good :confused:

Why would they take Wright at 1 after rejecting picks 4 and 7 from GWS for pick 1, and then picking Wright at 4 and having a free hit with pick 7?

No-use overthinking this. Petracca, McCartin and Brayshaw will go top three. We'll get two of them.

Why would they take Wright at 1 after rejecting picks 4 and 7 from GWS for pick 1, and then picking Wright at 4 and having a free hit with pick 7?

No-use overthinking this. Petracca, McCartin and Brayshaw will go top three. We'll get two of them.

I don't think they will. I said I have a feeling.

Beat me to it! (great minds think alike ;)). Stinking customers interrupted me mid post!

I will laugh so hard (and then cry) if we fool the world and take someone other than Petracca with pick 3. GWS tried to trade pick 4 and 7 for 1 to land Petracca so he won't make it to Collingwood even if we passed.

My prediction for tonight's draft: Main board continually complaining about our Frawley compensation. Be prepared to read "Pick 3/Petracca for Frawley what a joke" many times. Also there will be a few jabs at our ability to develop players. As Melbourne supporters we all know it too well.
giphy.gif

Let me paraphrase, but he also said, "I'm sure clubs will get a good player at pick 4 or 16, but we'll be taking a combination of 2 of the 3 players in question".

It's settled.
I hope so!
I don't think they will. I said I have a feeling.
can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back