List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to take marchbank at one of the 6 or 7 picks but not at the loss of goddard. Pickett Goddard and marcbank that ok fine with that

If Petracha somehow falls to us, I suspect that means we miss Pickett because the Eddiewobbles would snap him up at 5. I've spent the last few weeks really liking the idea of Pickett and giving Petracha absolutely no thought.

#conflicted

if we take Pickett, Goddard and ahern I reckon I could see one playing a Chris yarran role of half back running taking bounces kicking goals and the other one play like cyriol Rioli X factor near goal how good would that be if ahern and Pickett turn out like that for us if we got them

Recap of updated media phantom drafts:

Callum Twomey
4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Goddard (his late mail is now saying Marchbank)
23.Langford

Sam Landsberger and Jay Clark
4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank
23. Langford

Emma Quayle (only did the first round)
4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank

Brett Anderson
4. Pickett
6. Marchbank
7. Goddard (his late mail is also now suggesting Ahern)
23.Hamilton

So were now starting to have them match up so based on that our likely top 3: Pickett, Ahern, Marchbank, and Langford looks the favoured choice at pick 23.

Callum Twomey
4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Goddard (his late mail is now saying Marchbank)
23.Langford

Sam Landsberger and Jay Clark
4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank
23. Langford

4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank

Brett Anderson
4. Pickett
6. Marchbank
7. Goddard (his late mail is also now suggesting Ahern)
23.Hamilton

So were now starting to have them match up so based on that our likely top 3: Pickett, Ahern, Marchbank, and Langford looks the favoured choice at pick 23.

If Langford is there at 23 we would be nuts not to take him. I think if he gets past Adelaide we are a very good chance to get him.
Marchbank looks one of the best contested marks in the pool. Just worried a bit re injury history and height but it seems most recruiters have Marchbank, Goddard and Lever matched very evenly.

Don't like it. I'd go Pickett, Goddard, and Wright for the same reason the Saints are going McCartin.
KPFs and KPDs are premium positions and the next two drafts are weak at those positions while mids are a dime a dozen.

We have Steele for the Petraca/Ahern half-forward mid role anyway. He's ranked 12th by Emma Quayle and Ahern is 9. Rather the homegrown guy got the minutes.

Also, as I've stated ad nauseum at 23 if Connor Blakely or Reece McKenzie are there. Pull the trigger.
Both have the big bodies to play now. Langford is exciting but at 190cm and 73kg too light, Blakely at 189 and 84kg while The Reece Beast weighs in at a hefty 197cm and 106kg.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. Pickett
6. Ahern
7. Marchbank

Bloody Emma Quayle got 9 out of the first 10 right last year. I hope she is way off this year or at least gets pick 6 and 7 wrong.

Don't like it. I'd go Pickett, Goddard, and Wright for the same reason the Saints are going McCartin.
KPFs and KPDs are premium positions and the next two drafts are weak at those positions while mids are a dime a dozen.

We have Steele for the Petraca/Ahern half-forward mid role anyway. He's ranked 12th by Emma Quayle and Ahern is 9. Rather the homegrown guy got the minutes.

Also, as I've stated ad nauseum at 23 if Connor Blakely or Reece McKenzie are there. Pull the trigger.
Both have the big bodies to play now. Langford is exciting but at 190cm and 73kg too light, Blakely at 189 and 84kg while The Reece Beast weighs in at a hefty 197cm and 106kg.
yeah sounds good i also like brayden maynard really aggresive loves the physical stuff dont get in my way attitude big bodiedmid that can play half back with a penatrating left foot kick. out 23 as well 186cm 88kg

So listening to Gubby it would seem we are locked and loaded with Pickett unless melbourne do something a bit Crazy, also it seems we are likely to announce some re-signings in the next couple of weeks. Gubby also said trade interest in Stevie Johnson was blown out of proportion and reported interest in Howe complete BS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back