Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I am both excited about another movie and honestly pretty underwhelmed at the trailer. Surely more interesting ways to go than "killer dinosaur escapes and wants to eat everyone"

My favourite line of the day though is "the directors were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn't stop to think if they should" :D

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The genetically modified dinosaur idea is utterly ridiculous. Bizarrely, the dinosaurs in the original three films actually look more realistic than these ones. I'm very happy to be wrong but it screams studio interference.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How can a dinosaur in a 2015 movie look worse than the dinosaurs in the 1993 movie?

Yeah the CG shots in that trailer just look very CG somehow. I guess its also CG vs practical - the original had CG as well of course but also used alot of animatronics and practical effects. I can guarantee you the new one will have virtually none. And for the CG shots the original did have, alot of the frame was still practical with CG features inserted, whereas in this you can tell the entire frame is all happening inside a computer (eg the river canoe shot and the wide shot of the monorail over the bay with the seaworld grandstands).

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Also not sure about the idea of tamed/trained raptors as the last shot seems to imply. Just saw this, made me giggle;

get

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's not necessarily a good thing....... he's also been involved with Extant, Falling Skies, Under The Dome, The River, and Terra Nova recently.

And Transformers, don't forget Transformers. All of them. As a reminder, the Dinosaur sound at around 2.14 sounds like that transformy sound the robots made.

Back