General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

From someone who isn't really into the NFL and a very casual Browns supporter, it's weird thinking the Browns are actually doing well.
Watching Brian Hoyer's performance today, you'd have to wonder how they've won so many games. Just horrible.
Another Mike Smith choke really helped though.
Another Romo 4th quarter comeback. That's 27.

Not bad for a guy stereotyped as a choker.
It's not December yet;)

Watching Brian Hoyer's performance today, you'd have to wonder how they've won so many games. Just horrible.
Another Mike Smith choke really helped though.

It's not December yet;)

Yeah I'm fearing December like all good Dallas fans.

Geez our O-Line was phenomenal in the 4th quarter though.

Tyron Smith swatting away JPP like a fly. Romo could have done his taxes in the pocket.

Pretty poor reporting there by grandstand TBH. The footage is pretty sickening. Just collapses after a few seconds. Have to feel for Abbott as well, completely out of his control but he'll be feeling awful.

Just catching up with this now. This is terrible. Any news?

Head injury after ball hit him in the side of the neck under the ear. Taken to St. Vincent's put into an induced coma, imaging was done which indicated surgery was needed which has been done (being done?). About all we know at the moment I think. Horrible news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think he will pull through, absolute freak accident though i hope it doesn't have too many ramifications on the game, things like this never happen

Dom raises a good point. Poor Abbott must be rattled right now for nothing that his fault. Without a doubt this is the freakiest of the freakist sporting injuries to occur on any sport but I can't image what Abbott is feeling right now. Its really good that Australian Cricket have rallying around him with support.

I have worked as a personal carer for acquired brain injured people.
Sadly ,even if he pulls through this,he will most likely never be the same as he was.
Absolutely heartbreaking situation for everyone involved.
It is happening to families every day that we never hear about , a bloody awful thing.
Hopefully ,Phil is one of the lucky ones that come through reasonably unscathed ,but it is not sounding too good.:cry:

Horrible, reminds you how quick your life could be cut short without warning, don't take it for granted and live each day!

RIP.

I am shattered for him and his family as well as his friends and colleagues. I am supposed to be going to the test match at the Gabba but I just do not feel like it at the moment.

Me too have a ticket for the Friday. I have no idea how any australian cricketer will be able to front up next Thursday to play cricket. If I was playing this weekend I think I'd struggle.

Just shocking. Not much of an emotional person, but I must admit my eyes were very watery as I read the tweets and saw pictures of family and friends leaving the hospital. Life is not fair on so many levels.

Really hope Abbott gets all the support he needs. What a horrible situation to face.

Me too have a ticket for the Friday. I have no idea how any australian cricketer will be able to front up next Thursday to play cricket. If I was playing this weekend I think I'd struggle.
I am struggling to get this out of my head now. How do his team mates deal with it? As for the family I am just unable to even think about how they are feeling. People pass all the time in tragic accidents like car crashes etc but not playing bloody cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back