2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be shocked if sharks don't sign pruess. He is 200 cm and a good up and comer. I reckon he could potentially be an afl player if he continues to improve. At this stage Wolbers and Brennan ahead of him but realistically you need a few big boys on the list. Fraser and mutu more likely southport rookies I reckon but more likely to play at surfers or Suns reserves.

As for next year I reckon the top 5 will remain the same. I reckon ex neafl teams 1-4 and pbc 5th. West magpies 6th followed by surfers , uq and a winless Sandgate to cop some beltings.

Most likely a panthers tigers granny again as both have recruited well and were already stronger than the other clubs.

Who have the panthers recruited? Will they be able to cover the loss of Shelton and Brown?

Who have the panthers recruited? Will they be able to cover the loss of Shelton and Brown?

I don't think the Panthers have an issue about having to recruit as a priority. They were so far ahead in all grades this season with an abundance of developing youngsters,have incredible depth thus loosing guys like Shelton and Brown will not effect them to much...... will be the benchmark of the competition yet again in 2015.

I'd be shocked if sharks don't sign pruess. He is 200 cm and a good up and comer. I reckon he could potentially be an afl player if he continues to improve. At this stage Wolbers and Brennan ahead of him but realistically you need a few big boys on the list. Fraser and mutu more likely southport rookies I reckon but more likely to play at surfers or Suns reserves.

As for next year I reckon the top 5 will remain the same. I reckon ex neafl teams 1-4 and pbc 5th. West magpies 6th followed by surfers , uq and a winless Sandgate to cop some beltings.

Most likely a panthers tigers granny again as both have recruited well and were already stronger than the other clubs.

Agree 2010 Premier.
Morningside and Labrador looking strong again. Must say, a smokey may well be Mt.Gravatt. Had incredible improvement over the 2014 season and only just missed out on reaching the GF .If they maintain the majority of their list and recruit a few good senior level players ( which I think they have already got 2 or 3 senior Redland players) they should be right up there in 2015.

Don't see Morningside dropping a game to be honest.

Will the little goalkicker that Labrador signed from the GFL then did his ACL in his first 10 minutes still be around in 2015, and right to go from Round 1?

Name escapes me, but was a big signing

Don't see Morningside dropping a game to be honest.

Will the little goalkicker that Labrador signed from the GFL then did his ACL in his first 10 minutes still be around in 2015, and right to go from Round 1?

Name escapes me, but was a big signing

Bloomfield!

He won't be right until mid season but he's put pen to paper with Deer Park in Victoria, 10k sign on and 1500 a game plus a job! Labrador won't release him though so he could very well be stuck playing for a club he doesn't want to be at

Bloomfield!

He won't be right until mid season but he's put pen to paper with Deer Park in Victoria, 10k sign on and 1500 a game plus a job! Labrador won't release him though so he could very well be stuck playing for a club he doesn't want to be at

How do you know those numbers? I'd find it hard to believe that a club would pay a 10k sign on for a bloke with an ACL. Just dumb if they have. What if the rehab takes longer than expected? Anyway he signed a 2 year at Labrador so deer park will have to compensate them if they want him released.

And agree morningside I've heard they have definitely picked up more than they have lost and they were already way better than everyone else. I can see a few beltings coming.

People predicting a closer comp this year.... I'm not so sure

Meanwhile at the other end of the table, have Uni or Sandgate recruited anyone? The Hawks were battling for numbers towards the end of last year, huge beltings early and it could be a very long year.

39. morningside had a streak of 21 going from 09-10. aspley beat them in one of the biggest upsets this state has seen

Would have to go undefeated all next year including Grand Final to beat it.

Aspley may have been ONE of the biggest upsets, but surely Morningside beating Port Adelaide Magpies in the Foxtel Cup in 2012 would be at the very top of the list for Queensland footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have to go undefeated all next year including Grand Final to beat it.

Aspley may have been ONE of the biggest upsets, but surely Morningside beating Port Adelaide Magpies in the Foxtel Cup in 2012 would be at the very top of the list for Queensland footy.

I wouldn't be claiming fame to that as Port Adelaide practically played their ressies side, as have all Sanfl, Vfl and Wafl clubs during the qualifying rounds of the dismal Foxtel Cup. Even come the GF, the competing sides only fielded half of their regular seniors.
Foxtel Cup is no longer I here.
Its the old story, players participate in pre season games, home and away games, finals games, rep games and Foxtel cup games... just to much footy with players bodies getting battle ridden thus both the club and the players don't want to participate at full strength in all these extra games.

Gone quiet this board. Anyone heard anything about the draw?

I see Noosa have picked up Maloney and Copeland. Are they positioning themselves perhaps to be promoted into qafl for 2016?

Don't want to throw stones but from what I hear Sandgate are battling a bit. Lost a few players and were already towards the bottom- possible relegation for Noosa or Mayne?

I've heard Labrador have got a few more coming so in my opinion they need to drop the points system down from 55 points to around 40-45. The comp pretty much doesn't have an effective equalisation strategy at the moment. Morningside were way too good last year and I've heard they got s couple of vfl players coming and a few others. These 2 clubs head and shoulders ahead of the rest. They need to look at it as I fear some one sided games.

My club broady have had encouraging numbers at training, picked up a couple so hopefully we will improve, time will tell

Ryley Buntain that was with them for a year? Would have thought he would be playing with a NEAFL side.

all the talk of Labrador, I actually thought PBC were clearly the second best team last year. Labrador snuck into the grand final by last minute goals in the two previous finals.

PBC have been written off and it appears they have lost a few but a new coach may be a huge boost.

I find it quiet funny that people on here were saying maloney had signed with the magpies on $50k a season but yet signs with noosa funny where people get there srories from or just like to gossip

all the talk of Labrador, I actually thought PBC were clearly the second best team last year. Labrador snuck into the grand final by last minute goals in the two previous finals.

PBC have been written off and it appears they have lost a few but a new coach may be a huge boost.

When Labrador had their full compliment of players (which was rarely) I felt they were clearly the 2nd best side in the comp in 2014.

I find it quiet funny that people on here were saying maloney had signed with the magpies on $50k a season but yet signs with noosa funny where people get there srories from or just like to gossip

He was definitely in the mix with the magpies and he signed with Noosa on considerably more than $50K AFLgreat. Throw some rent in, + lifestyle he probably feels life is pretty good right now...

Gone quiet this board. Anyone heard anything about the draw?

I see Noosa have picked up Maloney and Copeland. Are they positioning themselves perhaps to be promoted into qafl for 2016?

Don't want to throw stones but from what I hear Sandgate are battling a bit. Lost a few players and were already towards the bottom- possible relegation for Noosa or Mayne?

I've heard Labrador have got a few more coming so in my opinion they need to drop the points system down from 55 points to around 40-45. The comp pretty much doesn't have an effective equalisation strategy at the moment. Morningside were way too good last year and I've heard they got s couple of vfl players coming and a few others. These 2 clubs head and shoulders ahead of the rest. They need to look at it as I fear some one sided games.

My club broady have had encouraging numbers at training, picked up a couple so hopefully we will improve, time will tell

I believe the points (55) have been locked away until the end of next season.

By equalization strategy do you mean the competition administrators trying to bring the higher clubs back a notch?? Because reducing the points won't do a thing to stop last years undefeated premiers.

Even when in the neafl and the previous version of the qafl, my belief was always to try to improve to reach the level of the top clubs. But each to their own I guess.

He was definitely in the mix with the magpies and he signed with Noosa on considerably more than $50K AFLgreat. Throw some rent in, + lifestyle he probably feels life is pretty good right now...

Hes a NEAFL level player now,,,, not a regular senior player for the Lions in 2014. Will be good for Noosa at this level ,but one gun recruit doesn't make the team unbeatable,,,, its a team game with some 36 players on the field at game time,,,,, doesn't matter how good one is, its the team that will win the game , not the individual!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back