2014 Tables, Ladders and Chairs WITH NEW ADDED STAIRS FOR ONLY $9.99!

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
It's a quick wait between Survivor Series and TLC, only 2 more RAWs!

100% official poster
B4we0lnCUAAp2Ky.jpg

Currently announced is:
Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt (TLC match)
Ryback vs Kane (Chairs match - the most useless stipulation)
John Cena vs Seth Rollins (Tables match; if Cena loses he is no longer #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
Miz and Mizdow vs Usos (Tag Team Championship)
Erick Rowan vs Big Show (Stairs Match... Seriously...)
Luke Harper vs Dolph Ziggler (Ladder match for IC championship)

Last edited:

Can somebody explain the point of a chairs match for me?
I've never actually fully understood it myself. I think that sometimes it's just a no DQ match with heaps of chairs everywhere, but sometimes chairs are the only foreign object allowed.

I've never actually fully understood it myself. I think that sometimes it's just a no DQ match with heaps of chairs everywhere, but sometimes chairs are the only foreign object allowed.
That, while a ridiculous concept, would at least make sense.

Pretty sure I've said it before but I hate these predetermined gimmick match PPVs. Feuds used to build up to a certain match with logic. Now they're just all shoehorned to the same match types depending on what month it is. Like the end of the DA/Wyatt match at Survivor Series. What logical point was there to Dean burying Wyatt in tables, ladders and chairs, other than just because TLC is coming up?

Pretty sure I've said it before but I hate these predetermined gimmick match PPVs. Feuds used to build up to a certain match with logic. Now they're just all shoehorned to the same match types depending on what month it is. Like the end of the DA/Wyatt match at Survivor Series. What logical point was there to Dean burying Wyatt in tables, ladders and chairs, other than just because TLC is coming up?
Because he's unstable. Duh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why such a quick turn around to the next PPV? Why is Kane fighting Ryback? I still don't quite understand what the whole thing is with Bray and Ambrose. What does Ambrose's dad being in prison have to do with anything?

Cena will fight some arbitrary heel in a tables match, IC title rematch will be a ladder match and the rest of the three hours will be padded out with divas and tag teams.

Ambrose vs Wyatt (TLC match)
Cena vs Rollins (Tables match)
Harper vs Ziggler (Ladder match)

Three absolutely awesome matches right there.

Ryback vs Kane should be good too. Surprised how strong the card considering there's no Lesnar, batista, Orton, Reigns etc.

No they're not. It's just three arbitrary matches lazily thrown together. There is no storyline and no reason to be vested in these matches. Why is Ambrose fighting Wyatt? Not certain why Rollins is fighting Cena either, the Authority have already lost power so what will fighting Cena achieve? Cena having to put his contendership on the line for no reason seems pointless too. It's not like Rollins wants it because he's got the briefcase anyway.

Hopefully this will be the last of the bad run of PPV's and things start to pick up as the big names come back for the Rumble.

No they're not. It's just three arbitrary matches lazily thrown together. There is no storyline and no reason to be vested in these matches. Why is Ambrose fighting Wyatt? Not certain why Rollins is fighting Cena either, the Authority have already lost power so what will fighting Cena achieve? Cena having to put his contendership on the line for no reason seems pointless too. It's not like Rollins wants it because he's got the briefcase anyway.

Hopefully this will be the last of the bad run of PPV's and things start to pick up as the big names come back for the Rumble.
Ambrose is fighting Wyatt cause he wants retribution for Wyatt disrupting his Cell match.

Rollins is fighting Cena to prove he's better than him, and also because Seth being a heel would LOVE to take away John's #1 contendership.

Even missing that, they should be 3 great matches. I mean tell me what the story was to Mysterio vs Guerrero at Halloween Havoc 97. It's regarded as an all time classic match, and I don't even know and a lot of people probably wouldn't know if there's a story behind it.

Ambrose is fighting Wyatt cause he wants retribution for Wyatt disrupting his Cell match.

Rollins is fighting Cena to prove he's better than him, and also because Seth being a heel would LOVE to take away John's #1 contendership.

Even missing that, they should be 3 great matches. I mean tell me what the story was to Mysterio vs Guerrero at Halloween Havoc 97. It's regarded as an all time classic match, and I don't even know and a lot of people probably wouldn't know if there's a story behind it.

Why did Wyatt interfere in that match? There's been no motivation and no depth whatsoever to that feud.

I really haven't got that Rollins needing to prove himself storyline. I thought Rollins is super arrogant and his proof that he's the future of the WWE is his briefcase. I didn't watch all of Raw but I saw the opening segment and all that happened was he asked politely to Cena to re-instate the authority like a bitch, then cowardly attacked Cena from behind and now their in a random Tables match.

I haven't seen that match but would like to check it out. Guerrero and Mysterio were great storytellers so I'd be very surprised if there is no story to that match. There's no opportunity to put on great matches if there's no story to it. It's a pity that they get so lazy at this time of year, hopefully it will pick up from the Rumble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back