Not open for further replies.
"Is Rich not very good?" - Blacky's girlfriend last night
"Why would you say that?"
"You're always bossing him around!"

Sorry blackshadow I will behave myself henceforth
Much chuckling was done at this.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with this picture? :p
BF290C58-0DAD-4D8C-92C5-407F29AEB055_zpst0c8istx.jpg

haha. I had the opposite luck this week, though in Nightfall. Dropped The Last Word and my two mates got legendary weapons. They both bought TLW from Xur, and were hanging it on me at the time because I couldn't afford it (and I was spewing about it, hehe).

Been thinking and I decided I need RNGesus back in my life. I've got a month off work starting 2 days after the expansion drops and will have nothing but GTA to play after I finish Far Cry 4 this weekend.

Will get more out of this than I will buying the season pass for CoD Advanced Lagfare or glitching and frame dropping my way through AC Unity.

I do miss raid nights.
It was only a matter of time. :D

Sacrificing sacred pineapples to RNGesus has really worked this week. After ages of getting nothing but motes of light and other minor items through levelling up Vanguard Rep this appeared in the postmaster last night - looks very nice! I love that it has the Tripod perk.
View attachment 94468
I have exactly that. It's a beast.

haha. I had the opposite luck this week, though in Nightfall. Dropped The Last Word and my two mates got legendary weapons. They both bought TLW from Xur, and were hanging it on me at the time because I couldn't afford it (and I was spewing about it, hehe).
I was away all weekend so couldn't get TLW. Was unhappy. Then it dropped in Hard raid the next tuesday. Was happy.

I am getting close to hitting 29, do i need to have my weapons maxed to contemplate atheon on hard? or will having some progress on upgrading decent weapons be sufficient?

I am getting close to hitting 29, do i need to have my weapons maxed to contemplate atheon on hard? or will having some progress on upgrading decent weapons be sufficient?
You'll need maxed weapons (at the very least a maxed primary) from my perspective. The oracles are tough on hard and you won't do enough damage to them if you get teleported.

You'll need maxed weapons (at the very least a maxed primary) from my perspective. The oracles are tough on hard and you won't do enough damage to them if you get teleported.

It's tough on L29 with maxed weapons. Things take a lot more killing than on the normal raid.

I'd definitely recommend maxing your weapons before going hard.

if you are below level 30 and you don't have maxed weapons you are not going to do enough DPS and you are probably going to be a liability. Hell, probably true even if you are 30. That's not to say it's impossible, but the responsible thing is to do what is within your power, and that's max out what weapons you do have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to know so i don't go in grossly underpowered. VoC/Ice Breaker/Legendary rocket launcher is my main setup which should be decent when maxed out. (also flip to leg sniper and truth depending on damage type required)
the thing is, you get a major haircut to the amount of damage you deal if your weapons and Light are below the enemies. Hard raid is a level 30 event, therefore level 300 weapons are pretty much non-negotiable.

Your load-out seems ok, but you will probably ideally want a void Special (probably a Fusion) for Minotaurs and Praetorians. What elemental are your Rocket Launchers and Legendary Sniper?

Also think about what you have to take down Oracles if you get teleported... Epilogue's are apparently pretty good!

Good to know so i don't go in grossly underpowered. VoC/Ice Breaker/Legendary rocket launcher is my main setup which should be decent when maxed out. (also flip to leg sniper and truth depending on damage type required)
I'd also recommend Atheon's Epilogue and a void Fusion Rifle if possible. VoC is fantastic for much of the hard raid but nothing takes out Oracles/containment shields like the Epilogue. Ice Breaker is awesome and, again, perfect for a lot of the raid, but a void FR is brilliant for dealing with shielded Praetorians/Minotaurs.

Overall, though, as long as you have a good group with at least three level 30s you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Your load-out seems ok, but you will probably ideally want a void Special (probably a Fusion) for Minotaurs and Praetorians. What elemental are your Rocket Launchers and Legendary Sniper?

So when i got VoC/Icebreaker/Leg Rockets its all solar form memory, then when i flip to other setup its solar/void/void.

Epilogue can only be unlocked via hard raid yeah?

It almost seems i need to get upgraded then go through as a 29 and the weakest party member until I receive better gear. I joined a party last night to do the oracles and Templar on hard which the icebreaker was mighty useful for. Maybe i will do that on hard the next few weeks and hope to get the raid helmet (have exotic chest and raid gloves/boots)

So when i got VoC/Icebreaker/Leg Rockets its all solar form memory, then when i flip to other setup its solar/void/void.

Epilogue can only be unlocked via hard raid yeah?

It almost seems i need to get upgraded then go through as a 29 and the weakest party member until I receive better gear. I joined a party last night to do the oracles and Templar on hard which the icebreaker was mighty useful for. Maybe i will do that on hard the next few weeks and hope to get the raid helmet (have exotic chest and raid gloves/boots)
Epilogue does drop from Atheon on normal difficulty. Also you can keep hoping RNGesus will smile on you and drop a raid chest piece that way you can hit L30 with an exotic helmet.

Apparently DemonJim is open for bribes and has some sway with RNGesus...

Traded this bad boy in today. It was fun while it lasted loved doing the raids with my bigfooty mates. Looking forward to Destiny II.
Looking forward to the DLC in 2 weeks

Traded this bad boy in today. It was fun while it lasted loved doing the raids with my bigfooty mates. Looking forward to Destiny II.

Especially the last raid when you went afk and I kept pushing you off the edge ;)

Couldn't hold on for 2 weeks for the new content...or Destiny 2ish?

Got Epilogue last week from Normal Raid. Almost fully upgraded just need stupid helium filaments or whatever. Worked out I needed almost 200 of them to upgrade my raid gauntlets plus a couple of weapon I want maxed. Ridiculous! On the bright side though at least all my farming will be in the one place for a while.

Anyways can I get a show of hands of anyone that will be keen for a raid tomorrow pm? Good time to practice with the Gjallahorn from Xur ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back