Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the saddest days EVER for Australian sport of any code. It is gut wrenching watching the news right now with live footage from the hospital as family and mates of Phil console each other.

Terrible news and RIP mate.

Like others have mentioned lets not forget Sean Abbott as he needs a heap of support as well and words can not express what he is feeling right now. Who knows if he ever bowls a ball again.

:(:(:(

I feel completely numb: it just seems too surreal to be fact. As for Sean Abbott, how can this poor lad return to the cricket field any time soon? I just feel so sorry for him - hopefully he'll have plenty of support around him, as he copes with this unspeakable tragedy.

RIP Phil.

Now I feel absolutely horrible about my earlier posts, really do. I just hope everyone gives the family space. The media outside is an absolute disgrace. Leave the family alone.
Bygones are bygones. This puts it all in perspective in the most sickening manner imaginable.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For eternity the spirit of Cap No. 408 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RIPPhilHughes?src=hash">#RIPPhilHughes</a></p>&mdash; Adam Gilchrist (@gilly381) <a href="">November 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I feel completely numb: it just seems too surreal to be fact. As for Sean Abbott, how can this poor lad return to the cricket field any time soon? I just feel so sorry for him - hopefully he'll have plenty of support around him, as he copes with this unspeakable tragedy.

RIP Phil.
I can't see how they can play a Test next week - I really can't - I understand the game must go on but there needs to be some space here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Phil Hughes.

I cannot imagine how Sean Abbott is feeling.

I can't see how they can play a Test next week - I really can't - I understand the game must go on but there needs to be some space here.

So how do you go about refunding people. I know we want to give them space, but we have to do what Phil would want. Isn't that the point. If the players are so heartbroken to a point of no return I agree, and maybe the tests until Boxing Day should be cancelled.

Horrible news, but i think it can. As a tribute to Phil and the game we love

If Davey Warner scores a hundred next week there won't be a dry eye in the country. Reminiscent of Lehman and David Hookes.

So how do you go about refunding people. I know we want to give them space, but we have to do what Phil would want. Isn't that the point. If the players are so heartbroken to a point of no return I agree, and maybe the tests until Boxing Day should be cancelled.
It wouldn't be that hard to refund them.

The players deserve a couple of weeks of space, and then I'm sure they'll be relishing the chance to honour their mate.

This is a reminder of the futility of the sport, but also the mortality out on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back