The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
******* bullshit 3 stage interviews for an entry level position. Bunch of flowery bullshit.

Seriously, **** HR departments. I've never dealt with people that are more deluded with their own self importance than HR people.

Edit - i take that back, Air Hostesses. You're a glorified waitress on a plane.

You know most grad jobs have a three or more stage process for the big places?

Watch out for commission only sales or companies that ask for ABN instead of TFN. They're dodgy and want to use you like dirt. But you might have to start there to get experience as I did.

Once you move past that its more interesting. You can start to apply real sales methodology.

When you master sales you can pretty much sell anything applying the same techniques, even with limited knowledge of a product.

Still can't believe it, feels like Hughes's been around forever but he's only 25, that's around the same age Michael Clarke started making it in the big time. Such a big future

And I can understand freak incidents at bat pad where you get hit in the heart and stuff, but a batsman facing up dying to it is just gut wrenching.

Three's if you're lucky. Mind you half the stages are full of pointless crap anyway.

From memory with KPMG I only had two really - application, got a call to come in, went in and did a written assessment, and two interviews with managers - so I suppose technically four, but three on the same day. Deloitte was four - application, phone interview, group assessment, partner interview.

From memory with KPMG I only had two really - application, got a call to come in, went in and did a written assessment, and two interviews with managers - so I suppose technically four, but three on the same day. Deloitte was four - application, phone interview, group assessment, partner interview.

Didn't you have to go through all the numerical/logical and personality testing as well? Had that a few days after my initial application.

Didn't you have to go through all the numerical/logical and personality testing as well? Had that a few days after my initial application.

Yeah sorry I was referring to that by my 'application' so really it's 3 and 5 respectively for the two if you count the initial info you have to give them.

A kid at our cricket club the other week got hit in the chest area/heart by a cricket ball, wasn't quick but he stood there after getting hit and said he was ok, then just collapsed, and came to about a minute later.

I'm genuinely shattered at the passing of Phillip Hughes, so sad and just feeling for his family, his mum and sister were there watching him, can't imagine what would've went through their heads when it happened. Sean Abbott too, not his fault but he will have this for the rest of his life, no one deserves that, I'd completely understand if he just walked away from the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A kid at our cricket club the other week got hit in the chest area/heart by a cricket ball, wasn't quick but he stood there after getting hit and said he was ok, then just collapsed, and came to about a minute later.

I'm genuinely shattered at the passing of Phillip Hughes, so sad and just feeling for his family, his mum and sister were there watching him, can't imagine what would've went through their heads when it happened. Sean Abbott too, not his fault but he will have this for the rest of his life, no one deserves that, I'd completely understand if he just walked away from the game.

Was going to say, I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away. Wouldn't be able to bowl again in future without thinking about it, and it'll just eat him up. Some were saying it's almost worse in some ways for him because he now has to live with this.

Yeah I want you to bring that back. I don't like this one at all.

Find it. Now.

I'll come up with a new one. I saved the avatar on my comp but apparently it's not the right dimensions or some s**t so I'd have to find the source file.

Was going to say, I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away. Wouldn't be able to bowl again in future without thinking about it, and it'll just eat him up. Some were saying it's almost worse in some ways for him because he now has to live with this.

Yeah exactly. Don't know how he will be able to get back and start bowling bouncers again to intimidate the batsmen, is just a devastating position for him, can't imagine what he is going through, one minute he is a 22 year old on the rise and now his whole life is turned upside down.

Watch out for commission only sales or companies that ask for ABN instead of TFN. They're dodgy and want to use you like dirt. But you might have to start there to get experience as I did.

Once you move past that its more interesting. You can start to apply real sales methodology.

When you master sales you can pretty much sell anything applying the same techniques, even with limited knowledge of a product.
Still trying to understand this post.

So it's a post by typeclub and it's not a troll....

Whhaaaatttt????

Commission based role. Blah.

Give it a shot and see how it goes if I get through today, I guess.

Experience on your resume is intangible though. You need the experience to build to the job you want. Go for it if you get it. Who knows, you might actually like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back