List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Brewis we trust.

As Pykie and others have said, picking defenders isn't sexy, but we need these for the future.

Plus, who doesn't love a quality Scott Thompson spoil?

I think people need to settle down.

All the best outside runners went before 25.

I reckon we wanted McKenzie, the Saints swooped.

Garlett, Weller, Cockatoo all went before our first.....

Yep, Saint and us keen on McKenzie - they were hoping we wouldn't use 16 on him. We didn't, and he didn't get past their next pick.

Nielson highlights underwhelming. Purely a needs based pick by the look of it, couldn't say if he was the best KPD at that point.

Vickers-Willis screamed a Bryce/Brad pick when I watched his profile pre-draft.

Pykie were there any outside types who went after Durdin that you'd taken ahead of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who needs outside pace when you have Gibson, MacMillan & Bastinac lighting up the turf.

Seriously.

Anyways, In Harper, Mullet & Garner we trust -- McDonald, Turner & Atley go ok too.

That's what makes me angry. What was available versus what we actually picked.

Well for starters Reece McKenzie was available at 36 who Richmond just took. Watch this kid tear it apart in 2-3 years time. I would have been happy with Caleb Daniel or Oscar McDonald at 25.

Petrie is about to retire then who takes his spot? Can always rely on Tarrant or Wood who has one game to his belt I guess :rolleyes:

Well for starters Reece McKenzie was available at 36 who Richmond just took. Watch this kid tear it apart in 2-3 years time. I would have been happy with Caleb Daniel or Oscar McDonald at 25.

Petrie is about to retire then who takes his spot? Can always rely on Tarrant or Wood who has one game to his belt I guess :rolleyes:
Now more reason to hate Richmond.

Nielson highlights underwhelming. Purely a needs based pick by the look of it, couldn't say if he was the best KPD at that point.

Vickers-Willis screamed a Bryce/Brad pick when I watched his profile pre-draft.

Pykie were there any outside types who went after Durdin that you'd taken ahead of him?

No.

Durdin had a bad hand injury that effected him for alot of the year, hence Shifter Sheehan getting his rocks off over him on the TV.

He was at one very early stage this year the #1 pick.

He plays a lot like Ben Reid, I have no doubt he can put the weight on, his shoulders are enormous.

Really? When Petrie (and Waite) retire, we still have Brown, Black, Wood, Majak, and Tazza on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back