Mega Thread Draft Day Supermegaultrathread - It's finally here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be crazy not to look at Keitel (2nd-3rd tall) and Anderson (marking med fwd, e.g. LeCras) in the RD if they're available to us. Wouldn't mind looking at Markov as well, but he could well be a bust.

Would crazy not to look at Keitel (2nd-3rd tall) and Anderson (marking med fwd, e.g. LeCras) in the RD if they're available to us. Wouldn't mind looking at Markov as well, but he could well be a bust.

Both fell because of a lack of pace. Keitel is a gun, but it's the physical attributes that come into question with him.

Don't mind passing on Anderson, there are better players left over.

It looks like a decent draft. All possible midfielders. For the people whinging about Laverde he dropped to 20 so obviously clubs didn't rate him as high internally.

There must be something about Laverde that we do not know.

Overall, 5 varying mids that reshape our midfield.

11. Duggan - happy but not ecstatic (if Laverde not under cloud or Weller...)
32. Lamb - very different and cannot complain we are not taking a risk. Needs work but could be great
51. Nelson - hard nut and very happy
66. Cavka - complements the other 4. Just keeps running like a sailor's dick
F/S. Waterman - A steal and happy we did not have to pay anything for.

I said earlier that you need to look at the total picture. Might have juggled a couple but overall I am happy.

Eeyore-Top-Ten-Talking-Donkeys_thumb.gif

The new WCE board mascot

Best Outcomes:

Duggan: 250 game player next Trent Cotchin and future captain

Lamb: Fast JPK

Nelson: good ball user who turns into a big body midfielder

Cavka: next Brent Stanton with a better kick

Worst case:

Duggan: Cant adapt to AFL pace doesnt make it

Lamb: next Jarred Brennan

Nelson: doesnt make it not enough quality to make the grade

Cavka: good depth player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a little more faith in our recruiters after this. I'm glad they recognised that they went safe in the first round but then needed someone with a bit more high risk/high reward with the second.

I am absolutely wrapped.
Never thought we had a chance of nailing all four of these players.

Most people know how I rate Duggan, Lamb is speculative but could be anything and well worth the risk, Nelson is a bloody good player and Cavka went 30 places lower than I thought.

We hit the draft jackpot!

snatch-viva-las-vegas-o.gif drunk.jpeg

Duggan - WCE/Simmo typeplayer. Hopefully grows and improves his running, seems a composed player.
Lamb - huge talent, needs to put it together. Think Jared Brennan. I think he'll thrive in the pros.
Nelson - excellent HBF. Was a HBF as 17 yo, moved to inside mid this year, best is at HBF. Tidy disposal, links up well.
Cavka - runs, tackles, kicks goals, good size. Can play HBF, mid and forward.

I think Nelson and Cavka were both in play for pick 32, so we'd have been absolutely stoked about getting them at 51 and 66. Funnily enough all 4 guys can play HBF, which is the position we cut a lot off our list (Brennan, Wilson, Smith).

Duggan, Cavka, Waterman are all great users. Nelson is average and Lamb has a lot of work to do.

With Nelson just watched his highlights again.

So tell me which foot is his natural?

I couldn't tell as he was kicking long goals off both sides. Is that average these days?

Kicked a lot of goals for a back man.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back