AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

1310650820313.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about the draft and everyone is pleased with him so naturally I am as well. However, everyone else passed on him so how could he slide so far? Stacked draft?
As stacked as when Fyfe went at 20. This will be a mistake half a dozen recruiters may regret - including ours.

As stacked as when Fyfe went at 20. This will be a mistake half a dozen recruiters may regret - including ours.

Surely a Fyfe comparison is getting carried away. However, he played alongside Ellis at the Jets. Who would you prefer and why? I notice at the state carnival he averaged more posessions than Ellis and is taller, heavier and faster ... and looks more dangerous up forward. I do realise that it is only highlights and Ellis looks like he tackles and hunts the ball better than Laverde.

Surely a Fyfe comparison is getting carried away. However, he played alongside Ellis at the Jets. Who would you prefer and why? I notice at the state carnival he averaged more posessions than Ellis and is taller, heavier and faster ... and looks more dangerous up forward. I do realise that it is only highlights and Ellis looks like he tackles and hunts the ball better than Laverde.

IMO Laverde has a much high ceiling - he is similar to Ellis but add pace and X factor. I think he will step into afl a lot easier than Ellis. Ellis reminds me of Myers but Laverde had Fyfe/Wingard about him. Ellis will be solid - Laverde a potential superstar. I am filthy - we had the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back