2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the magic number for starting prices?

Magic number X previous years average = starting price isn't it? Sorry too much RL SC(fun game BTW)

If he can return from his broken leg and play well, he will be a good selection
Same. Was tearing it up in the 2's. Just hope he can grow his tank during the off season and he should be a walk-up start IMO

If he can return from his broken leg and play well, he will be a good selection
Beware of players coming back from broken legs. A lot seem to struggle the next year

pretty good results from the draft laverde will have to be a lock at the bummers

nice of gws to pick marchbank ahead of ahern the extra 5 grand could be very handy

If Bampton goes to a low club in the rookie he will be dirt cheap too.

Carlton picked a 21 year old in the first round so imagine he would be in contention too.

Petrarca/Brayshaw at Melb
Duggan West Coast
Langford and Laverde at Essendon depending on situations
Heeney at the Swans
Boekhurst at Carlton
Blakely Freo
Neal-Bullen Melbourne

Early guys i can see playing

Heeney, Blakely and Laverde look the pick of them along with Petracca and Brayshaw who should get early games .. maybe even round 1, but I'd expect Neal-Bullen to debut later in the year and to be a better downgrade option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jansen should get a chance early on really depends on whos ready round one and 2 new draftees in Cockatoo and Gore look AFL ready.There is no way geelong will have a best 22 more like best 28 plus with plenty of younger guys given go pending on VFL form.
I like the look of Caleb daniels at the puppies with a few players leaving he might get some game this year.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on the form of Nathan Hrovat and Lin Jong during the NAB cup. Hrovat may prove too pricey but Jong is the quick midfielder the Doggies need to replace Griffen and Cooney and looks good at pre-season training from all reports.

Melbourne
Jesse Hogan - No explaination necessary
Jeff Garlett - Can he become relevant again? Had a terrible year so could be a value pick, turn him into quick cash.
Jimmy Toumpas - Yet to show a lot and hasn't been given too many opportunities, price should reflect this. Chosen at pick 4 so must have some talent. Can this year be HIS year?
Hogan may take a while to warm up but I think it would be better to be safe than sorry. He's pretty much a lock.

Garlett still a bit too risky for mine.

Toumpas should be in everyone's strong consideration pile for 2015. Without exaggerating, he has been the standout in pre-season thus far. Is looking super sharp and super fit for the first time, with the newly shaved head to boot. At his price, he'll be in my side.

Brayshaw and Neal-Bullen will score well if given the opportunity but Roos has taken the precautionary route with Salem and JKH by limiting their game time in their first year and Mahoney has signalled that a similar approach will be taken next season. Granted JKH and Salem were different types of players, less mature bodies and hadn't had the same previous experience playing against men. Ones to keep an eye on.

Hogan may take a while to warm up but I think it would be better to be safe than sorry. He's pretty much a lock.

Garlett still a bit too risky for mine.

Toumpas should be in everyone's strong consideration pile for 2015. Without exaggerating, he has been the standout in pre-season thus far. Is looking super sharp and super fit for the first time, with the newly shaved head to boot. At his price, he'll be in my side.

Brayshaw and Neal-Bullen will score well if given the opportunity but Roos has taken the precautionary route with Salem and JKH by limiting their game time in their first year and Mahoney has signalled that a similar approach will be taken next season. Granted JKH and Salem were different types of players, less mature bodies and hadn't had the same previous experience playing against men. Ones to keep an eye on.
Thanks for the intel.
I agree on Toumpas, definitely one to watch.
I think Garlett might be worth the risk. Melbourne desperately need a small forward. Hopefully he sees this as his last chance and pulls his finger out. He's talented enough, and way under-priced if he can find something near his best, even for only 6-7 weeks. My thinking is he might be one who can allow you to bank a quick 150-200k.

Lachie Hunter is one to watch, his creativity was stifled under McCartney and he lost a lot of confidence because of it last year. Beveridge is the perfect coach for him to allow some freedom. Fitness has been amazing so far this pre-season so hopefully his game will go to another level. With guys like Cooney, Griff, Higgins and Gia gone someone is going to stand up for the Dogs. My bet is Hunter.

Lachie Hunter is one to watch, his creativity was stifled under McCartney and he lost a lot of confidence because of it last year. Beveridge is the perfect coach for him to allow some freedom. Fitness has been amazing so far this pre-season so hopefully his game will go to another level. With guys like Cooney, Griff, Higgins and Gia gone someone is going to stand up for the Dogs. My bet is Hunter.
He's very awkwardly priced though. What position would you pick him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back