Soundwave 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Ministry - saw them last time around at the BDO, then the following night (?) at The Palace. Their albums may have gone downhill after Psalm 69, but some individual tracks are still quality:

I was almost alone in the world in thinking that The Dark Side Of The Spoon was actually a decent and interesting album, but you get that :)

Saw them at Sydney BDO and then the following night at Selinas - they were a band at their peak then - sheer brute power and I'd rate them as the loudest band I've ever seen. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Favourite albums in no particular order - In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up... (up there as one of the greatest live albums ever), Psalm 69, Filthpig, Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste.

I really want to see them again but I'm also a touch reticent as it will be extremely hard for them to measure up with what they were 20 years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A few days ago AJ said 'it will be in the next 10 days' so its looking like next week. ~15 bands and its safe to assume that most will be on the day headlined by Slipknot.

Cool. Last time it was the supplementary list that got me there.

Cool. Last time it was the supplementary list that got me there.
Yep, the second announcement was much much better than the first for this years event - Mastodon (who I didn't end up seeing due to the Living Colour clash), DEP and Gojira all got me over the line.

This time around I'm definitely going to Day 1 (Faith No More & Soundwave), but this second announcement will determine whether or not I'm going to drop the extra $70 to see Day 2.

Never been to a Soundwave before, but there's one band playing next year that I really like. They have not been on Australian Shores since 2002 and I think it's pretty much now or never if I want to see this band I really like in person. The band is Papa Roach. They play on Day 1 in Melbourne, do think it would be worth just going for this one band? Are tickets still available? I also don't want to take the chance that I pay all that money for a ticket and then they announce a sidewave!

Sorry this Soundwave thing is very foreign to me.

Never been to a Soundwave before, but there's one band playing next year that I really like. They have not been on Australian Shores since 2002 and I think it's pretty much now or never if I want to see this band I really like in person. The band is Papa Roach. They play on Day 1 in Melbourne, do think it would be worth just going for this one band? Are tickets still available? I also don't want to take the chance that I pay all that money for a ticket and then they announce a sidewave!

Sorry this Soundwave thing is very foreign to me.

Tickets are still available and they probably will be for a while longer unless the 2nd announcement is very popular. Personally I wouldn't go to a festival if I only liked 1 band but if u do go there is a chance u will discover a band or 2 that u like on the day. I assume the side waves will be announced before the festival sells out so it might be worth waiting a month or 2 to see if Papa Roach do a sidewave in Melbourne.

On twitter AJ said the announcement will be early afternoon on Thursday....but who knows if he'll stick to that

Sounds like there will be an announcement today, but there will now be a third announcement which will feature some bigger bands (I can only guess some contracts are taking longer to get approved than others). Timetables should be out by Xmas as well apparently (I'll believe that one when I see it!)

Massively underwhelmed by the second announcement. I fully get I'm not the Soundwave demographic but it was great when they were getting underground stoner/doom bands (eg Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats) and old school punk bands (eg Stiff Little Fingers).

Actually, I'm pretty happy with the second lineup - Animals As Leaders, Killer Be Killed and and ****ed Up are all excellent additions.

I'm interested in Animals as Leaders, Killer be Killed, Dragonforce and He is Legend. All in all it was a decent announcement for me, heres hoping most of the bands play on the same day as Slipknot. Timetables before christmas sounds awesome, in fact it almost sounds too good to be true so we'll see if it eventuates!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was unsure but Lower Than Atlantis will probably get me there now
Pretty much this for me as well. I was tossing up whether I would go or not as there was a few bands I liked on the first announcement, but not enouhg to justify the extortionate price for a ticket. Lower Than Atlantis and the Wonder Years probably get me over the line now.

Love the music at stereos but hell there is no other event in the country that attracts so many *******s

Love the music at stereos but hell there is no other event in the country that attracts so many *******s
Cool story bro. Are you sure you have the right thread?

In On Topic news, it appears the Melbourne Soundwave has been moved to the Showgrounds, which from what I gather is a much better venue that Flemington. Due to the change the capacity is lower, and tickets (especially single day tickets) are limited. If you're planning on going to this one, I suspect you'd better stop procrastinating...

Logical choice to move back there. Perfer this venue. Old fkrs like myself can even take a seat and watch when we get tired. By my reckoning they'll only need two double stages and a single one to accommodate 35/36 bands each day.

A little underwhelming, but a few good additions there. Still need to see which day various bands fall on, as I'm not so sure there's enough on Day 2 to justify the extra money for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back