Player Watch #7: Daniel Butler

Remove this Banner Ad

looks a very likely type. i think he could be a steal.

highlights package shows that he has SPEED, decent skills, good workrate and looks to be a hardnut. he kinda reminds me of dusty a little

hopefully his knee meniscus surgery means he isnt knights part II
Meniscus surgery doesn't have the recovery like patella tendon injuries so he will be fine.

Like the part in his highlight video where he sprints away from Drummond. Sprint training at Punt Rd is going to be fun.

I like his spark, that he likes to get stuck into it, that he's not a show pony but I get the impression he'll give us more than a few shows.

I just like. :)

Hi guys.

I saw him play in the Vic Metro v Vic Country game earlier this year. Everyone was raving about Petracca but IMO Butler was sensational. Obviously I'm going off a very small sample here but he is ferocious and his second, third and fourth efforts are unreal. I'm a big fan and can't wait to see if he can bring that into the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys.

I saw him play in the Vic Metro v Vic Country game earlier this year. Everyone was raving about Petracca but IMO Butler was sensational. Obviously I'm going off a very small sample here but he is ferocious and his second, third and fourth efforts are unreal. I'm a big fan and can't wait to see if he can bring that into the AFL.

cheers man, hope you guys do well with your picks.
Boekhurst, possibly a reach but a ready made player and a gun from all the talk.
Round 1 gonna be interesting!

Hey guys I got to watch Dan a fair bit this year (10+ times). So if you have question feel free to ask.
If he was played through the back half I can see him being a Jarrd Harbrow type of player. Good pace and lateral movement but also a little erratic which tends to work in his favour. He is defensively sound and loves to tackle.
If he was played forward I can see him being sort of like an Eddie Betts but not in that category. Mostly due to his change of direction, goal sense and forward pressure.
I'm not sure if he will play as a midfielder at AFL level. If he did it would be for small patches. His best attributes are how well he reads the ball of hands, his movement at the stoppage and the power in his legs to push through tackles. Maybe a little similar to Dylan Shiels

his pace is certainly deceptive...I couldn't see it..
2i7v9yb.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back