List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

First time in a few years we haven't selected the player who was sent to us in the AIS program earlier in the year, unless we rookie him. (Ryan Lim for those who were wondering.)
Yeah interesting pickup. Not that we're obliged to take them, but interesting note that no one else picked him up either. Did we just get lucky that we had better players sent to us in the past?

Yeah interesting pickup. Not that we're obliged to take them, but interesting note that no one else picked him up either. Did we just get lucky that we had better players sent to us in the past?

It's interesting. Lim showed promise as a bottom ager last year in the WA lineup, and was projected to be an early 20's pick going into this season. As the months passed, he slipped further and further behind in the rankings.

I also think the players who trained with us were talented and filled a need.

Lennon, McBean, Griffiths and Cotchin were the others picked up by us.

Menadue & McKenzie - These 2 selections have really good and topped off the draft for me

Laverde/Weller at #12 would have been sensational result but wasnt meant to be , I really hope Corey Ellis goes onto become a Gun and dominates the midfield so my beloved Tigers are a top 4 team for the next 10 years.

I wouldnt mind giving Panos a chance with a rookie selection and Tyler Keitel is another kid that would be a great pickup

Menadue & McKenzie - These 2 selections have really good and topped off the draft for me

Laverde/Weller at #12 would have been sensational result but wasnt meant to be , I really hope Corey Ellis goes onto become a Gun and dominates the midfield so my beloved Tigers are a top 4 team for the next 10 years.

I wouldnt mind giving Panos a chance with a rookie selection and Tyler Keitel is another kid that would be a great pickup

I am stoked with everything but the Ellis pick. Would have loved Laverde or Weller at 12, and would have made it a 10/10 for me. Right now it sits at an 8.

Does someone want to summarise 153 pages for me?

I don't know much about the players. How did we go tonight?

Get Petracca
Petracca now a top pick get Weller or Ahern
Ahern to Early well we stiil get Weller
utensil
utensil
utensil
utensil at 12 is too much
Duggan is shite why are we linked to him
Ellis is shite why are we getting him I want Duggan (who was shite 4 pages ago) or Weller
I will spew if this club takes Ellis over Weller or Lavarde slips
Club *en took Ellis over Weller and Lavarde
Ohh we got Menadue and Ellis good draft
Wow we got Speed, inside grunt and an exciting tall prospect what a *en ripper draft have my babies FJ

Put me in the camp of those a little upset we got Ellis over Weller or Laverde. Getting Mountain, Drummond and McKenzie made up for it. Could have been close to a perfect draft for us.

Put me in the camp of those a little upset we got Ellis over Weller or Laverde. Getting Mountain, Drummond and McKenzie made up for it. Could have been close to a perfect draft for us.

I get that Lavarde and Weller have the hype (and in Weller's case a lot of substance) but Ellis can play football inside to level neither can (he really does play like a left footed Heppell). Not as good on the outside but has far more scope for improvement (especially being injured as his bottom aged year was exceptional) being 6 months younger. There was so little between picks 4-20.

IMO its almost a perfect draft. Inside quality mixed with extreme pace and endurance plus another talented developing tall, probably only missed on a developing tall back, Keitel in the rookie draft would cap it all off, plus Panos as a plug and play inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that Lavarde and Weller have the hype (and in Weller's case a lot of substance) but Ellis can play football inside to level neither can (he really does play like a left footed Heppell). Not as good on the outside but has far more scope for improvement (especially being injured as his bottom aged year was exceptional) being 6 months younger. There was so little between picks 4-20.

IMO its almost a perfect draft. Inside quality mixed with extreme pace and endurance plus another talented developing tall, probably only missed on a developing tall back, Keitel in the rookie draft would cap it all off, plus Panos as a plug and play inside mid.

Ellis is neither inside or outside. He complements the midfield in both areas, but doesn't particularly excel at either. For me, he just looks a B+ player at best.Very vanilla. Of all of our recruits, Ellis is the one who might have the better career of the 5, I feel based on potential could be the worst of them., as the others excel in various areas whilst Ellis is a jack of all trades, master of none type.

Just personal preference. I understand we like going for sure things, but Welker was as safe a pick as Ellis but has a higher ceiling and potential to be elite. Also has class too.

What will be interesting is how people on here will cope when Weller and Blakely play more immediately then Ellis and Menadue ;)

I missed us selecting Menadue, and caught the Blakely pick and was livid. That is, until I saw we got Mountain and I was STOKED.

Ellis is neither inside or outside. He complements the midfield in both areas, but doesn't particularly excel at either. For me, he just looks a B+ player at best.Very vanilla. Of all of our recruits, Ellis is the one who might have the better career of the 5, I feel based on potential could be the worst of them., as the others excel in various areas whilst Ellis is a jack of all trades, master of none type.

Just personal preference. I understand we like going for sure things, but Welker was as safe a pick as Ellis but has a higher ceiling and potential to be elite. Also has class too.

Don't know how much you've seen of Ellis but I got to watch some of his highlights from bottom age TAC cup and he is a class inside player. Its very Heppell, Pendlebury, Tyson or Lewis like how he gets the ball off a pack slides passed a tackler and then hits up a teammate (Lennon is also very similar IMO at VFL level when the move him into the midfield).

Averaged 22 possessions in TAC cup and half of them were contested. Thats an inside mid. Also check out the stats Stylo put up for his first two games at champs this year before being injured. He might not be as flashy as Cockatoo or Weller but if he turns out like Lewis (who i see him most closely following) we've got a winner no matter how good the others become.

Cannot believe we took Ellis with Laverde, Lever, and Weller all on the board.
This decision will come back to haunt us. Mark my words.
7 other clubs passed on Laverde including the team that ended up getting him.

Does someone want to summarise 153 pages for me?

hmmm. About half of the posters are very happy. The other half know more than the recruiters and are getting bent out of shape. Just like every year!

P.S. ;)

Get Petracca
Petracca now a top pick get Weller or Ahern
Ahern to Early well we stiil get Weller
utensil
utensil
utensil
utensil at 12 is too much
Duggan is shite why are we linked to him
Ellis is shite why are we getting him I want Duggan (who was shite 4 pages ago) or Weller
I will spew if this club takes Ellis over Weller or Lavarde slips
Club ****en took Ellis over Weller and Lavarde
Ohh we got Menadue and Ellis good draft
Wow we got Speed, inside grunt and an exciting tall prospect what a ****en ripper draft have my babies FJ

There was also a nice section where we placed players names into song lyrics and then a time when we talked about using rohypnol and statutory rape.

is francis jackson the only head recruiter with glasses?

i look at wells, wright, hine & beatson and they have all their faculties

three picks after 50 and none of them can kick, is that really investing in a good draft?

Ellis and Weller were well rated and often ranked close together. Both will be good players and it is difficult to predict the future. The draft is done, the decision has been made, time to back in the recruiting team and support the youngsters.

Emma Quayle was one who ranked Ellis ahead of Weller. She wrote:
"Reliable, disciplined midfielder with possibly the most accurate kick in the draft. The rationale: The Tigers want to keep adding to their midfield, and Ellis is one of the most efficient onballers in the draft. Never loses his cool, goes quietly about his business and gets the ball where it needs to go."

The Tigers need more quality mids with composure. If he lives up to this write up he will be just what the Tigers need going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back