Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

This kid will finally be the chb chf player we have been wanting for a very long time. utensil has risen higher then the original utensil... Welcome aboard.

Sam better introduce himself to Ben Brown, I think he will be getting to know him ALOT in drills this summer.

His play and the descriptions sound more like Matt Kreuzer than any others named. Hope Durdin gets a more injury free run at though!

From the limited vision in his highlight reel and the various pieces written in the phantoms it seem like he has really good hands, takes one grab pack marks and judges the flight of the ball really well. For these reasons I think he'll end up as a key forward. Perhaps played in the backline initially to learn, similarly to Drew, but with an eye to him becoming Drews long-term replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only a great player but an even better bloke. Great get by the club. A future Captain.

A little insight into Sam as a person:
At 3.30 yesterday, when news broke about Phil Hughes, Sam wouldve have been sitting in a Hotel Room in the Gold Coast, with his life about to change in 3 hours time. A Country boy from a town with about half a dozen people in it, he had been linked to go to the GWS at 6, GC at 8, Geelong at 10, Freo at 13, Adelaide at 14 or Metro Vic later be it North Essendon or Carlton. So quite literally he wouldve been sitting there potentially about to relocate to anywhere in Australia.
Anyways, as news broke, Sam writes on Social Media something along the lines of, with all the excitement of the draft over the last little while you sometimes forget the important things in life. My heart goes out to Phil Hughes and his family.

The most level headed, mature and professional young man i have had the pleasure to come across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back