Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Hawkboy

Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
I know that he'd already agreed to coach Drouin in the Gippsland League next year...
That is correct but sometimes other opportunities arise and people take them up even at much higher levels than this, for example Rodney Eade and Neil Balme. Drouin Football club have wished Clinton all the best on Twitter which is a positive thing.

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
How are Glenorchy travelling? A mate is considering an offer to move from Cairns.

They made the finals this year and have a pretty young team so you would think they would be on the improve again in 2015, the loss of there playing coach Aaron Cornelius really hurt them so they definitely are lacking marking power up forward.

all ok

Jun 5, 2014
FNQ
Gold Coast
They made the finals this year and have a pretty young team so you would think they would be on the improve again in 2015, the loss of there playing coach Aaron Cornelius really hurt them so they definitely are lacking marking power up forward.
Thanks. They must be short a ruckman?

greatkick

Oct 1, 2013
Gotta love the off season.

Word is Thurley was told by Clarence he was no longer required after a few dubious moments as bench coach and at training this year.

Enter Darren Winter with a s**t load of money from AFL TAS.

Oct 28, 2012
I'm all for the dees signing all these recruits. Word is they have trouble paying players on time and they might still owe player payments from 2014. I'm not sure if this is 100% true.

borris55

Draftee
Nov 15, 2014
Great to see HCFC sign up quality players, you'd have to think they would improve in 2015. Jesse Wells is a lose, but is often injury prone and makes mistakes.

North Launceston have also signed two players from Hillwood last night including Tom Bennent who is a quality goal kicker. Any truth to rumour that Thor Boscott and Bryce Walsh are leaving to play in South Australia?

Oct 28, 2012
You take the good with the bad with him I suppose. That's the kind of player he is and probably why he is so versatile. Are the Lauderdale boys off to the Sanfl?

buffalo soldier

Mar 17, 2014
Gold Coast
I'm all for the dees signing all these recruits. Word is they have trouble paying players on time and they might still owe player payments from 2014. I'm not sure if this is 100% true.
The joys of anonymous internet chat forums. Flag a totally inaccurate assertion with the rider of I'm not sure if this is right and sow the seed.
Categorically all HCFC players have been paid. For the first time in years the players who grace the North Hobart oval have not had a massive turnover of players. What does this suggest? A cohesive group hungry for success.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
The joys of anonymous internet chat forums. Flag a totally inaccurate assertion with the rider of I'm not sure if this is right and sow the seed.
Categorically all HCFC players have been paid. For the first time in years the players who grace the North Hobart oval have not had a massive turnover of players. What does this suggest? A cohesive group hungry for success.

Nice to hear your firm & positive comment. BF is full of peoples 'assertions', Indeed thats all we can say about BF, that all comment is just assertion anyway. So I wouldnt worry about that.
It is good to see some quality pickups. I'm sure 'North' will be much more competitive. Wells will be missed, he certainly played some amazing footy at times. Injury didnt help him. We wish him well wherever he goes.
Now, for the sake of the competition, I hope Kingborough can get some pickups & maybe start winning some games.

Heartbreakkidsm

Draftee
Oct 13, 2014
Claude Alcorso to the Roos is the latest whisper. Good pickup if true. Will also be interesting if any players at Clarence follow Thurley up to the tip.

keen spectator

Nov 28, 2014
Well done to the two joshs for getting drafted, hope you make the most of the opportunity you have been given and have long and successful careers. cheers
Not to sure what Adam Sanders will think of the draft though, always seems very keen to push for his northern boys.
Well done to the two joshs for getting drafted, hope you make the most of the opportunity you have been given and have long and successful careers. cheers

Jun 14, 2012
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Bloody Sunday football!:rolleyes:

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer footy on a saturday. Sundays are for hangovers & mums roast lamb:p

Also there are a few clubs who have players that coach junior football on sundays,

Surely its time to go back to the normal roster onf every club playing each other twice, instead of this northern and southern crap. If you want to play SFL you have to travel, its pretty simple

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
Also there are a few clubs who have players that coach junior football on sundays,

Surely its time to go back to the normal roster onf every club playing each other twice, instead of this northern and southern crap. If you want to play SFL you have to travel, its pretty simple

I know its uneven (but so is the AFL!) but the supporters just dont travel like they use to, so the more games you play locally then the better for your supporters & club finances.

You'd know that I'm not real big fan of AFLTas :rolleyes:, but I think they got the roster pretty right by trying to limit the travel aspect of the TSL.

Halftimehero

10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
I know its uneven (but so is the AFL!) but the supporters just dont travel like they use to, so the more games you play locally then the better for your supporters & club finances.

You'd know that I'm not real big fan of AFLTas :rolleyes:, but I think they got the roster pretty right by trying to limit the travel aspect of the TSL.

It's a bit of a catch 22 really, to have a fairer competition then it would be ideal to have everyone playing each other twice, then on the other hand the financial side of things will really suffer with not only the cost of travel involved but the loss of profit clubs receive by playing home matches against out of region clubs, they also lose the capacity to open there own bar for trade after away games out of there region with players and officials not returning til later in the evening.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
It's a bit of a catch 22 really, to have a fairer competition then it would be ideal to have everyone playing each other twice, then on the other hand the financial side of things will really suffer with not only the cost of travel involved but the loss of profit clubs receive by playing home matches against out of region clubs and they also lose the capacity to open there own bar for trade after away games out of region with players and officials not returning til later in the evening.

Exactly. If its ok for the AFL to play with the roster then its the same for the TSL.

With the TSL Its about generating the finances to run clubs. You have to consider the fans. We all use to go away up north a lot back in the first SWL.

These days we have other things to do. I have enough trouble just getting to a few games cause of my work. The rest of our old group have slowly whittled away due to age, reduced interest because of the many changes to football, AFL on TV etc etc.

We always went back in the old TFL days & liked the Intrastate & Interstate games. Seeing players like Vin Waite playing on Peter Hudson was a treat.

Change is inevitable, constant change is destructive. People just get sick of the constant variations in the teams, roster etc, & some clubs betting a better deal from 'the management'.