Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When do the draftees join in? Don't they usually have a press conference type of thing introducing the new players? Obviously not now as a few will be on the other side of the country.

When do the draftees join in? Don't they usually have a press conference type of thing introducing the new players? Obviously not now as a few will be on the other side of the country.

likely Monday next week? the WA boys will be there, though, surely.

From memory, the new kids were doing orientation on the Monday last year. Wednesday may be their first session.

likely Monday next week? the WA boys will be there, though, surely.

Blakely and Deluca were there but didn't make an appearance outside at all. Weller and Langdon should be there on Monday.

Also, I don't really have anything to report from this morning. They didn't really do a helluva lot nor did anyone stand out.

Blakely and Deluca were there but didn't make an appearance outside at all. Weller and Langdon should be there on Monday.

Also, I don't really have anything to report from this morning. They didn't really do a helluva lot nor did anyone stand out.

See you on monday?

It might be worth a sneak down there tomorrow. The word is they are going to do some Saturday morning training this season.

As Gaskin said very low key this morning.Highlight was meeting Alikat and Dockerfemme.Also great to catch up with John the gardener and Gaskin
Taberner worked well .Apeness has got one hell of a hoof kicking from 50 out and belting it over the protection behind the goals.
Moller kept up in the runs albeit they were slow and Roger the Dodger ran with them and kept up
Irish and Appeness ran well.Mora ran repeat goal to goal runs and as always looks ripped.Suban ran lap after lap
The new WA boys made a brief appearance and then where whisked of by the Doc to the medical rooms
Ross also was only briefly on the ground but it was explained that he had an ear operation yesterday so understandable
Interesting new tech equipment was on display in a remote helicopter/drone with video camera attached.Apparently will be used for aerial shots of the players techniques.Hawthorn use this method .Unfortunately due to a tech problem it was failure to launch.Hope its not symbolic on our season:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would give overhead vision of running patterns too - kinda cool :)

Your'e an IT nut so you would have found it very interesting.They had the screen for the camera set up on the boundary and invited Pat and myself to have look and see what it could do.
It didnt get of the ground so it didnt happen ,but maybe next time

Your'e an IT nut so you would have found it very interesting.They had the screen for the camera set up on the boundary and invited Pat and myself to have look and see what it could do.
It didnt get of the ground so it didnt happen ,but maybe next time

Haha yeah - always interested in how tech gets used :) Wouldn't be surprised if they start using them in games to provide vision after the game back to the boys on how they set up, what happened, and what the result was.

Eek - I'm in Geraldton and the last time we used a drone in a sporting event it caused all sorts of issues...namely a triathalite getting hit in the head by it!

Eek - I'm in Geraldton and the last time we used a drone in a sporting event it caused all sorts of issues...namely a triathalite getting hit in the head by it!

I can't see it ever being used in an official match. Both teams would be wanting them which would make it far too dangerous.

I enjoyed attending training, meeting up with Allikat and re-newing acquaintance with Salim and Gaskin. I can't add much to Salim's summary, except we had much debate about the draft and the future of talls, power forwards etc.

I can try and add a little more detail - there were 12 taking part in the main training, I will name them of I can - Tabs, A Pearce, Tanner, Hannath, Apeness, Moller, the Irishman, Croz, Ballard, Grey, Vanderleur, Sheridan. I think that's right. They did some match sims, running, snapping goals.

I can't see it ever being used in an official match. Both teams would be wanting them which would make it far too dangerous.

It will happen in time :) curious btw - do the trackers the guys wear just show distance or a complete history of everywhere they went? GPS isn't the most accurate - but having a live feed of where every player is on the field up on a dashboard would be a cool tool

It will happen in time :) curious btw - do the trackers the guys wear just show distance or a complete history of everywhere they went? GPS isn't the most accurate - but having a live feed of where every player is on the field up on a dashboard would be a cool tool

They'd definitely be uploading the GPS telemetry. I don't think they'll give anyone access to it though.

I'm pretty sure they do as I've seen images of player's hotspots, i.e. where they spend most of the time on the ground. Not only would you be able to get distance off the trackers, you could also use this data to work out top/average speeds and acceleration.

Check out the tracker drone called Airdog. It's used with a GoPro and is relatively cheap.

It was great to meet everyone today! Sadly it'll be my last training session for a while because it's back to Melbourne on Sunday. Like everyone's already said, not much to report. Suban ran and ran and ran. Neale & Sutcliffe were doing their own thing together. The young kids did some match sims & then slow "sprints". Gee some of our kids look impressive. And tall.

And then after training I saw Crowley at Leederville. That facial hair's looking impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back