List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you suggesting your a good judge? I'm yet to see anything that suggests that :p you're almost as bad as Tiger71 ;) :p

crying-waterfalls.gif

:p

Are you suggesting your a good judge? I'm yet to see anything that suggests that :p you're almost as bad as Tiger71 ;) :p
No i wouldnt say im a good judge but have had a couple of wins of late without blowing my own trumpet lol:p
McBean 3 months before being selected
was on the Patracca bandwagon in 2012 when he was seen as a 2nd rounder
Probably the 1st person on our board to mention Nakia 1 month before the pre grand final game when all were saying late-rookie

No i wouldnt say im a good judge but have had a couple of wins of late without blowing my own trumpet lol:p
McBean 3 months before being selected
was on the Patracca bandwagon in 2012 when he was seen as a 2nd rounder
Probably the 1st person on our board to mention Nakia 1 month before the pre grand final game when all were saying late-rookie
You deserve credit for getting the utensil!

Looking say 3 years ahead I'm thinking:

B: Hunt Astbury McDonough
B: Lennon Rance C.Ellis
B: Morris Menadue Drummond
HB: Newman Butler Houli
F: Riewoldt McKenzie Deledio
R: Vickery Cotchin Martin

I: B.Ellis, Grigg, McBean, Petterd
No place for vickery there trade bait next yr

I would like us to pick

Kietel: Can play both ends of the ground. Wouldnt mind a developing swingmen.
Kovacevic: How can you go wrong with a 205cm Croatian Ruckman. The 2 young croats can learn off the master.
Shane Nelson: This kid is a ball magnet in the WAFL. Just give him a chance. Leading possession getter in the WAFL last season and lousy 52 possessions in the last game.

Is this the future:

B: Hunt Astbury Rance
H: Vlastuin Griffo Lennon
C: Ellis Miles Ellis
H: Lids Mcbean Martin
F: McDonaugh Mckenzie Jack
R: Vickery Cotchin Butler
I: Drummond, Edwards ??

Thats not such a bad side actually. Can't see Griff at CHB though and the worry is the big guys McBean, TV. I am glad we got McKenzie for nothing.

We have some great trade/FA options going forward to-Weller, Duggan, Wright and Howe as well as possibly Lever.

All these boys are very interesting selections and all exciting prospects. Can't remember the last time I felt that way about this many new guys...... It's GREAT !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've really got very little to No Idea about the rookie draft, anyone see a need or some outstanding talent that is still available ??

Seeing we missed utensil, how about Jordan Comeagain from South Fremantle

How about Legget ? You can never have too much speed....

Would anyone on here consider Ahmed Saad for a rookie spot?
I was very impressed with him when he was at the saints.
Provided terrific forward pressure and was a fantastic set-shot for goal.
Rather give players who havent had a crack at AFL a chance. No particular reason.

I think we should get a tall defender in the rookie draft. My vote is for Jackson or Keitel, based on what I've read.

Keenan Ramsey?

Rather give players who havent had a crack at AFL a chance. No particular reason.

Aidan Anderson or Clayton McCartney are two I'd look at as a small forward.

Keenan Ramsey?

Aidan Anderson or Clayton McCartney are two I'd look at as a small forward.
Really not too fussed about names but rather positions.

KPF/KPD really would love someone who can play both.
Another developing ruck would be nice.
Just an out and out ball magnet somewhere around the age of 20-22. At worst will be a good addition to our VFL side.

I feel our small forwards are covered now.
We have Llyod, McDonough & now Butler.
Edwards, Knights, Lids, Martin & Cotchin also rotating through there.

Would love to see the age profile of our list now in relation to the other clubs.

Out: Edwards (29) Jackson (29) King (29) Stephenson (31)
In: Ellis (18) Menadue (18) Drummond (19) Butler (18) McKenzie (18)

(If someone skilled could do a graph, I think it would be very interesting)

One thing I am feeling is too many of our guys are too right foot focused.

In the rookie I am looking at Capiron who looks more dual sided than most and gives us needed half back support on both flanks, Mellington who is also a left footer than could bolster out tall inside mid stocks and Grimley to give us ruck support and potential since many of our ruck candidates after a aging Maric are neither here nor there and with Hampson 26 ideally we need someone younger and more versatile to cover our bases IMO

Really not too fussed about names but rather positions.

KPF/KPD really would love someone who can play both.
Another developing ruck would be nice.
Just an out and out ball magnet somewhere around the age of 20-22. At worst will be a good addition to our VFL side.

I feel our small forwards are covered now.
We have Llyod, McDonough & now Butler.
Edwards, Knights, Lids, Martin & Cotchin also rotating through there.

Difference between a small forward and a medium forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back