Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Always the hardest position for me to pick. Buddy will be a lock for me, and probably Danger, but not a lot after that.

Michael Walters for a bargain maybe.

Always the hardest position for me to pick. Buddy will be a lock for me, and probably Danger, but not a lot after that.

Michael Walters for a bargain maybe.

Probably lock in Danger and Dustin, very interested in Tex Walker and maybe Cloke. Surely Hogan and Membrey are the most likely rookie options at the moment? That's the 6 I have pencilled in for now.

Hoping Deledio & Swan (pending pre-season) are Mid/Forwards. I know Wingard will be some decent value but after the headaches of last season I'm not going there again.

Good chance Danger could be mid only as well.

Locks: Franklin, Danger
Possibilities: Stanley, Clarke, Walters, Membrey

Deledio should definitely be mid/fwd and is locked in for me. Played more forward than mid for the second half of the year when he settled in one position and dominated in the last few months of the season.

Deledio should definitely be mid/fwd and is locked in for me. Played more forward than mid for the second half of the year when he settled in one position and dominated in the last few months of the season.
Will be one of my first picked if so

If Bontempelli's names a forward, which I expect him to, will people get on board?

Averaged 93 once he became a regular player in the team (round 13 - end of the season), plus with Griffen and Cooney going there's some big midfield minutes on offer. Priced at 79.

Looks in ripping shape, too. But I guess everyone does at this time of year.

If Bontempelli's names a forward, which I expect him to, will people get on board?

Averaged 93 once he became a regular player in the team (round 13 - end of the season), plus with Griffen and Cooney going there's some big midfield minutes on offer. Priced at 79.

Looks in ripping shape, too. But I guess everyone does at this time of year.
You don't think he'll get the second year blues? I will consider him

You don't think he'll get the second year blues? I will consider him
It's tough to call. Every year there is some second year kid who comes out and kills it. Macrae/Wines last year, Wingard the year before, Bennel before that.

I was burnt by not backing myself with Macrae last year, played it too safe.

Billings, Bontempelli and Kolodjashnij are a pretty good bets to do it this year IMO.

Is there any point picking key forwards, or is the current game style limiting their scoring potential too greatly (with a couple of exceptions)? Also I haven't seen much of Jack Martin (was overseas for the second half of the season), but is there any chance at all he gets mid/fwd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any point picking key forwards, or is the current game style limiting their scoring potential too greatly (with a couple of exceptions)? Also I haven't seen much of Jack Martin (was overseas for the second half of the season), but is there any chance at all he gets mid/fwd?
I don't think Martin will be a mid/fwd.

Lids and Dusty will be my first two picked.

Along with Swan (hopefully dpp) and Buddy, possibly a very potent Fwd Line from round one for a touch over 2mill

I'm not sure about Swanny getting DPP.
Even if he doesn't we still have plenty of options.

Am I right in thinking that they start to announce DPP's sometime in December? Comes out with the prospectus?

EDIT: Should have done a google search first, answer is yes.

Dane Swan named FWD will be slotted straight into the JR Brumby fwd line. Very little doubt about that.

There's one trade gone Jock! Seagull Swan parked in the fwd line might actually improve the Pies scoring output but will be detrimental to his already waning SC output. No cheap 1-2's with Beams, No I50's, Less tackles and no more long kicks. Sure he'll snag a goal or more a game but @ around $500k,I'd be looking elsewhere.

There's one trade gone Jock! Seagull Swan parked in the fwd line might actually improve the Pies scoring output but will be detrimental to his already waning SC output. No cheap 1-2's with Beams, No I50's, Less tackles and no more long kicks. Sure he'll snag a goal or more a game but @ around $500k,I'd be looking elsewhere.
For me it depends on how he's used in the pre-season. Just because SC names him as a mid/fwd, (and they should based on where he played in 2014), it doesn't mean he'll play forward as much again in 2015. He had heaps of injury problems prior to and during this season. If he shows in the preseason that he's fit again then I'd expect him to return to his old predominately midfield position. If he does he'll be amazing value ... especially as a forward.

For me it depends on how he's used in the pre-season. Just because SC names him as a mid/fwd, (and they should based on where he played in 2014), it doesn't mean he'll play forward as much again in 2015. He had heaps of injury problems prior to and during this season. If he shows in the preseason that he's fit again then I'd expect him to return to his old predominately midfield position. If he does he'll be amazing value ... especially as a forward.

And you think his injuries are going to get more infrequent and less debilitating now he's a year older? His hand is f@cked and he's best is well behind him. Sure, he'll snaffle an odd 120 sc score but I'm thinking 80's will be much closer to what you will get.

And you think his injuries are going to get more infrequent and less debilitating now he's a year older? His hand is f@cked and he's best is well behind him. Sure, he'll snaffle an odd 120 sc score but I'm thinking 80's will be much closer to what you will get.
That's why I said it depends on his preseason performance. It's not unusual for an older player to have an injury plagued year and then bounce back toward their best the following year after having a chance to recover. Having said that, I was actually warning people on this forum against taking him last season because of the operation he'd had on his hand and because he stated that it had caused him to change the way he picks up the ball. If his preseason suggests it's still causing problems then of course I'd steer clear of him, but if he's looking good again it would be crazy to overlook a player who will be priced at a score 30-40 points lower than he's scored in each of the previous five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back