Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry haven't been able to post for while been busy at the club polishing our three cups for presentation night something Daylston won't have to concern themselves with for a while well done Island boys pulling off a big win over serial grandfinal chokers Dalyston maybe Kraska,Ross,Brosnan and their Pres Paul I'm a loser Dunlop lipped off a bit early at the Bass crowd after their win against us at Phillip Island at least the got to take home a under 15's flag for the day there's plenty of room on their trophy shelf at least it was won by the locals from their family club!
Gotta go the ambulance has just turned up to take me to hospital to get my sides sewn up as I have split them laughing so much at Dalyston's failure again as they say he who laugh's last laugh's longest.
CONGRATS TO THE ISLAND TEAM ON A TOP EFFORT AND MAKING DALYSTON THE ONLY EX BASS VALLEY TEAM NOT TO HAVE THE SWEET TASTE OF SUCCESS IN THE ALBERTON FOOTBALL LEAGUE NO PRIZE'S FOR SECOND HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA SO ON AND SO ON
Panthercat any truth that your coach Dean Alger and league b+f winner Chris Endres have signed on at Darnum for next season as coach and assistant ? Darno's opening up the check book again !!

Panthercat any truth that your coach Dean Alger and league b+f winner Chris Endres have signed on at Darnum for next season as coach and assistant ? Darno's opening up the check book again !!

Dean was always only going to coach this year will take up coaching closer to where he lives maybe going to Darnum not sure who ever gets him will be headed in the right direction gun coach and allround top bloke.
As for Chris I know there's some big $$ chasing him Kooweerup,Leongatha and most likely others.
We will most likely see a few go next season but thats football if someone is offering big money who can blame them if they move on and good luck to all of them.

Dean has signed on as coach and we are rapt to have him. Not sure on players coming but I think Endres is playing for Koowee. No check book opening going on they learnt their lesson last time. We were just lucky our club looked more attractive then others in our area at the time :).

Dean has signed on as coach and we are rapt to have him. Not sure on players coming but I think Endres is playing for Koowee. No check book opening going on they learnt their lesson last time. We were just lucky our club looked more attractive then others in our area at the time :).

$25,000 for a non playing coach I think the cheque book is well and truly open but if you have the money why not spend it. Dean's worth every cent.
Endre's not playing for koowee has signed with another club last week.

Last edited:
I don't know how much he is on but it is a lot less then another club offered. Rumour was Endre's ended up back at Killy-Bass?. All the Well's brothers have come over which is great seeing their Dad Bernie is in our team of the last 25 years.

Any truth in the rumour Alberton FL is considering a change in name to something more geographically appropriate? Would make sense with Alberton no longer in the league. South Gippsland FL perhaps?

Any truth in the rumour Alberton FL is considering a change in name to something more geographically appropriate? Would make sense with Alberton no longer in the league. South Gippsland FL perhaps?

Is that a rumour or wishful thinking mate?? i agree with it though, as long as the other rumour that the league splits into two eventuates.

Is that a rumour or wishful thinking mate?? i agree with it though, as long as the other rumour that the league splits into two eventuates.

Nyora to Alberton? Poowong as well? I've heard they're pretty keen to get out of the re-formed EDFL.

Maybe the other eastern teams like Buln, Neerim, Ellinbank and Nilma would be looking to join the NGFL in the near future too.

Tough for these teams to compete against the big teams along the Princes Highway growth corridor.

It's only a matter of time until the realities of urban sprawl means Cora Lynn, Longwarry, Garfield, Bunyip etc are all integrated into metropolitan fringe football and leave the country towns to re-form in the country leagues. Same thing happened to Cranny, Berwick, Beacy area etc, about 15 years ago.

Nyora to Alberton? Poowong as well? I've heard they're pretty keen to get out of the re-formed EDFL.

Maybe the other eastern teams like Buln, Neerim, Ellinbank and Nilma would be looking to join the NGFL in the near future too.

Tough for these teams to compete against the big teams along the Princes Highway growth corridor.

Personally I think the league structure should be around town size - as opposed to geography.
I see you've listed Buln, Neerim, Ellinbank, Nilma, Nyora and Poowong as sides looking to possibly join the NGFL.
But if a league was structured on town size as opposed to geography, those sides could start another league - possibly adding Lang Lang, and sifting through the rest of the EDFL sides based on size.
Clearly what they've done to date hasn't worked, so they'll need to think more long term - and realistic.
I don't know if sides joining the NGFL is going to work long term, I just don't see that working.

It's only a matter of time until the realities of urban sprawl means Cora Lynn, Longwarry, Garfield, Bunyip etc are all integrated into metropolitan fringe football and leave the country towns to re-form in the country leagues. Same thing happened to Cranny, Berwick, Beacy area etc, about 15 years ago.
Did you mean MGFL or NGFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meant Mid Gippy, I don't know if it was a typo or had mixed them up at the time.

Mid Gippsland would be the least likely. They wouldn't accept a side past Yarragon.
As a league Mid Gippy mightn't be overly strong, but it appears to function rather smoothly.
The Ellinbank on the other hand cannot seem to get it right, and there does appear to be a rather large divide between some sides.
I don't know what the answer is for the Ellinbank league, but I agree that the smaller clubs won't be able to compete with the bigger clubs - we have seen that already, and now the split hasn't worked - it will be interesting to see what they offer up next.

Sorry haven't been able to post for while been busy at the club polishing our three cups for presentation night something Daylston won't have to concern themselves with for a while well done Island boys pulling off a big win over serial grandfinal chokers Dalyston maybe Kraska,Ross,Brosnan and their Pres Paul I'm a loser Dunlop lipped off a bit early at the Bass crowd after their win against us at Phillip Island at least the got to take home a under 15's flag for the day there's plenty of room on their trophy shelf at least it was won by the locals from their family club!
Gotta go the ambulance has just turned up to take me to hospital to get my sides sewn up as I have split them laughing so much at Dalyston's failure again as they say he who laugh's last laugh's longest.
CONGRATS TO THE ISLAND TEAM ON A TOP EFFORT AND MAKING DALYSTON THE ONLY EX BASS VALLEY TEAM NOT TO HAVE THE SWEET TASTE OF SUCCESS IN THE ALBERTON FOOTBALL LEAGUE NO PRIZE'S FOR SECOND HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA SO ON AND SO ON
It'd be a pretty safe bet to say that both the Dalyston and Phillip Island CLUBS are in much better positions than that of Killy-Bass pathercat! At least both of these clubs are able to field strong senior sides without having to spend insane amounts of money on imports, can actually have a strong netball club at the same time (After years with no A-
grade side Killy-Bass resorted to paying imports for their netball side as well!), have some respect from other clubs in the competition, have some humility (I don't see any P.I.F.C supporters on here gloating after our win) and can actually say they have a strong supporter base who are active around the club (From what i've heard the club functions down Bass way arn't too exciting). It's well known that Killy-Bass have done nothing more than buy 3 flags with hardly any local players in any of those sides and now have a reputation for being a pathetic club with no supporters, no local talent and no respect from any other club. I really hope the seemingly endless pit of money at Bass doesn't run out any time soon because if it does there might be 1 less club appearing in the Alberton League fixture!

G'day all. Just chasing some details on a lad one of the rival clubs over here in WA has signed. Kael Bergles has signed on with Kambalda in the Goldfields Footy League.
Kambalda have announced most of their recruits on their Facebook page, but they've kept this one very quiet and haven't announced an arrival with any fanfare. Assuming they're planning on sneaking him into their side to blitz an unsuspecting opponent.
However running a Google search on Bergles looks to reveal that they've signed themselves a gun. Probably with a decent mining job we'd suspect as they don't usually have an abundance of cash to spend.
How good is he? How strong is your league over there?

He
He's an out an out jet!! Kicks bags of goals where ever he plays.
is also an out and out flog of a bloke. Owes money everywhere he goes thus his denied clearance at his last 5 - that's right 5! Clubs. The guy can play, is one of the best I've played with but don't bother running past for a handball. It's all about Bergs.

G'day all. Just chasing some details on a lad one of the rival clubs over here in WA has signed. Kael Bergles has signed on with Kambalda in the Goldfields Footy League.
Kambalda have announced most of their recruits on their Facebook page, but they've kept this one very quiet and haven't announced an arrival with any fanfare. Assuming they're planning on sneaking him into their side to blitz an unsuspecting opponent.
However running a Google search on Bergles looks to reveal that they've signed themselves a gun. Probably with a decent mining job we'd suspect as they don't usually have an abundance of cash to spend.
How good is he? How strong is your league over there?

This is interesting. So who are you Adrian Collins?
Considering you have a Mines Rovers profile pic, but we can't seem to find any side you've played for here in the Goldfields.
What are you worried about checking clearances and stalking players for? Don't worry about our recruits here at Kambalda.
If you want to know a bit more, come along to Digger Daws Oval on April 11 and see for yourself.

Anyone have any more news on DWWWW? Heard they've got a coach but am interested in some info on size and such. I'm sure glad to see Burra are the giants now too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back