Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #49 - Welcome to Hawthorn Teia Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to get another small defender. We are now well stoked in all areas.

Is Teia Miles the younger brother of Richmond's Anthony Miles?

Son of Geoff Miles.

I don't necessarily think he'll be a small defender, clarko has a knack for throwing players around.

Very much in the Puopolo mold I think. Looks like he could play a offensive shut down role on an opposition defender and also kick a couple.

Interesting to see how he progresses.

Welcome to Hawthorn Teia!

Nice to get the B&F winner from the Geelong Falcons football factory.

They have quiet a strike rate of producing great, hard footballers.

Couple of current champs from the Hawks in Hodgey and Lewis. Also produced the likes of Ablett, Dangerfield, J.Brown, Selwood, Boak and Bartel to name a few.

Just a couple of handy players.
Selwood like his brothers played for Bendigo Pioneers, not the Falcons.

"KS: Who did you support growing up?
TM:
I was a Geelong supporter growing up. I was always at the Geelong-Hawthorn games and sitting there a bit nervous because they’re so close.

Of course I’m going to change now though!"

Might be a long term prospect to get the Geelong out of him :p.

It only takes about 12 months to completely forget about your previous club. Just ask Simpkin ;)

552642-jonathan-simpkin.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miles looks like a footballer - that's usually a good start. You can't teach composure, and this kid has it in spades. I remember watching Liam Shiels in the Grand Final this year baulk an opposition player with a very Hodge-like move, and I smiled, thinking how that sort of stuff is rubbing off on other players. If we can teach Miles a few tricks of the trade, I daresay we could see many Hodge-like moments from this kid in the future.

Looks composed, has a little dash, makes the right decisions and his kicking ain't too shabby either. Like the look of this kid!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back