Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think this draft has most likely ended Jack Trengove's AFL career? Jack will be out of the game for the next year at least, and in the meantime we have this crew of new bullocking midfielders that will be developing as footballers while Jack is trying to get fit. I can't see any other club taking a chance on Jack either after the Richmond debacle. I hate to say it, but I think his AFL goose might be cooked.
It's a huge ask for him to return now. I can't see any other club taking a punt on him.

That said, if he can regain full fitness, which in itself is a massive IF, he has talent on his side. It's not over yet for Trenners, but it will be tough.

Does anyone think this draft has most likely ended Jack Trengove's AFL career? Jack will be out of the game for the next year at least, and in the meantime we have this crew of new bullocking midfielders that will be developing as footballers while Jack is trying to get fit. I can't see any other club taking a chance on Jack either after the Richmond debacle. I hate to say it, but I think his AFL goose might be cooked.
I can see us offering him a one year, low pay deal at the end of next season if his foot is in good shape. It all depends on his recovery, it could be over anyways, regardless of how well any new draftees/trade-ins play if his foot is still stuffed.

Helps his return IMO. So much less expectation on him. and now we have genuine depth, he can take his time to get the injury right then his body back to full strength.

So do have Sam blease to thank for this?
Probably, but the Petracca clan will eventually work out that Sam Blease had a role to play in his own lack of development. If he doesn't improve at a club like Geelong, he won't improve anywhere. Of course he was going to have a whinge with his best mate about his old club after getting traded. The clan should be smarter than that.

They seemed very happy at the draft. I'm sure Roos has eased their fears. If McCartney's inclusion into our coaching panel isn't good enough, not much will be.

They did family interviews pre-draft. Apparently the Petraccas (read: Christian's parents) were/are very concerned about Melbourne's development standards. Can't say I blame them, but still pretty average to hear.
Interesting.

I'm not too fazed tbh but the tin foil hat tells me this has McGuire written all over it.

Roos' comment (pre-draft) that he wouldn't be going to Collingwood seemed a little odd to me at the time but now it strangely could be related to this. Maybe he was onto something.

Nothing against the Petracca family, they just want what's best for their son but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Pies got in their ear and told them how to go about the interviews with Saints/Demons in the hope of him dropping at pick5.

Then that pathetic interview on MMM where McGuire acted like he didn't even know Petracca was a Pies fan (even though every club asks that question in the interviews) and the smug comment of walking in 2 years.

I think once CP settles in he'll be fine whether it's the tin foil hat scenario or the simple scenario that they just had concerns. We have good people at the club now.

They seemed very happy at the draft. I'm sure Roos has eased their fears. If McCartney's inclusion into our coaching panel isn't good enough, not much will be.

Yeah I guess outsiders look at Melbourne and just see a knackery for young players careers, which was probably the case for Neeld and maybe the Bailey years, but now it feels like a really well run organisation with dare I say it, a strong culture.

On another note, I just love love love our draft this year. I've gone the early crow on many a draft before but by god do I think we nailed this one. I actually punched the air last night after getting petrayshaw. What a combo.

Yeah I guess outsiders look at Melbourne and just see a knackery for young players careers, which was probably the case for Neeld and maybe the Bailey years, but now it feels like a really well run organisation with dare I say it, a strong culture.

On another note, I just love love love our draft this year. I've gone the early crow on many a draft before but by god do I think we nailed this one. I actually punched the air last night after getting petrayshaw. What a combo.
Braytracca.

MFCSS time: rumours that the Petracca clan and Melbourne do not see eye-to-eye reported by McClure on AW tonight =/

Meh. We have one of the best coaching panels in the league now and our development looks to be leaps and bounds ahead of what it was if we base it on 2013 preseason-2014. I can understand their concerns to be honest (Although I think they are probably heavily bias by what they've heard from that turnover merchant Blease) but I wouldn't be worrying too much.

Great recruiting this year boys, you're on the way up for sure, don't get ahead of yourselves but you've taken a big step.

Considering how we've fared over the last 7 years i doubt any of could get ahead of ourselves. Cautiously optimistic at most!!

On paper though it does seem like we've done very well

These kids will fall in love with the club and bust their guts every time they pull on the Red and Blue, Eddie can keep dreaming that he will walk in a few years! I have no doubt that this stems from Sam, he is probably dirty on the club and has obviously told Christians parents that the development is horrible down there, he will be found out soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting.

I'm not too fazed tbh but the tin foil hat tells me this has McGuire written all over it.

Roos' comment (pre-draft) that he wouldn't be going to Collingwood seemed a little odd to me at the time but now it strangely could be related to this. Maybe he was onto something.

Nothing against the Petracca family, they just want what's best for their son but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Pies got in their ear and told them how to go about the interviews with Saints/Demons in the hope of him dropping at pick5.

Then that pathetic interview on MMM where McGuire acted like he didn't even know Petracca was a Pies fan (even though every club asks that question in the interviews) and the smug comment of walking in 2 years.

I think once CP settles in he'll be fine whether it's the tin foil hat scenario or the simple scenario that they just had concerns. We have good people at the club now.
Much like the quote at the bottom of this post, if it's happened Roosy will know about it. If it was aimed at Ed, he'll know what is being said.

The reason I went one and not the other is that I don't think Roos will want these guys playing too much midfield time initially. Petracca can play forward to a high level already and givessus something we don't have. I love what Brayshaw will eventually (hopefully) bring to the side, but can see him developing at Casey initially.
Brayshsw with his great kicking maybe could start his apprenticeship on HBF?

McClure is a shitstirrer and he holds us in contempt, I wouldn't worry too much about what he has to say at this stage.

Is he though, or is he trying to be noticed; and being an antagonizing dick is how you are noticed in footy media these days? Because I've never heard of him; thought McClure was Mark MacLure.

Helps his return IMO. So much less expectation on him. and now we have genuine depth, he can take his time to get the injury right then his body back to full strength.
Was gonna say just this. Better chance of full recovery now with less pressure on for a quick return. Time will tell.

Is he though, or is he trying to be noticed; and being an antagonizing dick is how you are noticed in footy media these days? Because I've never heard of him; thought McClure was Mark MacLure.

I assumed it was Mark MacLure too, if not who is it and why should I care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back