2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of Maroochy players Yes. But he has chased players that have had a year off, looking for change or for what reasons wanted to move on. Never intended to take players from one club to make weaker, to make the other club stronger. He sees it as an oppurtunity to recruit players he believes in and that believe in him.
He's chased plenty Snowy, with no love lost between his former club and him. Good for Nambour we need them stronger.

Not sure about that comment sunnyman! I think anyone would be an idiot to assume that when 1 guy leaves a club to coach another that he wouldn't look to improve his list by recruiting from guys he already knows. Happens everywhere. Its part of the "game" that is called recruiting. Players make their own calls as to whether they will stay or go. Not dissimilar to Caloundra for instance ringing Nambour players because Benny Stanley is now associated with them. It is an accepted part of the landscape imo. Might piss people off but if a player wants to go, he goes. Its not like Nambour have the capacity to offer big $$ to anyone so they aren't exactly buying a side. Reckon Elkington will still be welcomed at Maroochydore FC bc most people understand this concept.

And a very lik
Not sure about that comment sunnyman! I think anyone would be an idiot to assume that when 1 guy leaves a club to coach another that he wouldn't look to improve his list by recruiting from guys he already knows. Happens everywhere. Its part of the "game" that is called recruiting. Players make their own calls as to whether they will stay or go. Not dissimilar to Caloundra for instance ringing Nambour players because Benny Stanley is now associated with them. It is an accepted part of the landscape imo. Might piss people off but if a player wants to go, he goes. Its not like Nambour have the capacity to offer big $$ to anyone so they aren't exactly buying a side. Reckon Elkington will still be welcomed at Maroochydore FC bc most people understand this concept.[/QUOT
And a very likeable larrikin

Not sure about that comment sunnyman! I think anyone would be an idiot to assume that when 1 guy leaves a club to coach another that he wouldn't look to improve his list by recruiting from guys he already knows. Happens everywhere. Its part of the "game" that is called recruiting. Players make their own calls as to whether they will stay or go. Not dissimilar to Caloundra for instance ringing Nambour players because Benny Stanley is now associated with them. It is an accepted part of the landscape imo. Might piss people off but if a player wants to go, he goes. Its not like Nambour have the capacity to offer big $$ to anyone so they aren't exactly buying a side. Reckon Elkington will still be welcomed at Maroochydore FC bc most people understand this concept.
I agree with this comment but if you go back and have a read of the southern conference you will see burger aka snowy73 having a whinge that a certain club with no morals as he put it trying to poach some nambour players, of course Stanley will bring some players with him how many remains to be seen, but its exactly what burger has done with the roos players stop sooking and get on with coaching your side.

I agree with this comment but if you go back and have a read of the southern conference you will see burger aka snowy73 having a whinge that a certain club with no morals as he put it trying to poach some nambour players, of course Stanley will bring some players with him how many remains to be seen, but its exactly what burger has done with the roos players stop sooking and get on with coaching your side.
Keyboard Warrior

Burger did it correctly. Permission to interview. Caloundra did not do this. Just like last year with Maroochydore. Also caloundra approached Stanley 6 months ago, and negations start back then.

Burger did it correctly. Permission to interview. Caloundra did not do this. Just like last year with Maroochydore. Also caloundra approached Stanley 6 months ago, and negations start back then.
As someone who spent a fair amount of his time involved with Caloundra you sure sink the slipper into them at every opportunity you get, I'm not sure why.
All the coast sides are trying to get better your mob included

Not sure about that comment sunnyman! I think anyone would be an idiot to assume that when 1 guy leaves a club to coach another that he wouldn't look to improve his list by recruiting from guys he already knows. Happens everywhere. Its part of the "game" that is called recruiting. Players make their own calls as to whether they will stay or go. Not dissimilar to Caloundra for instance ringing Nambour players because Benny Stanley is now associated with them. It is an accepted part of the landscape imo. Might piss people off but if a player wants to go, he goes. Its not like Nambour have the capacity to offer big $$ to anyone so they aren't exactly buying a side. Reckon Elkington will still be welcomed at
I'm sure he still has friends at the old club, Smy. He's a likeable bloke. My comment about 'no love lost' wasn't to do with his recruiting methods but was from the man himself. He has made it well known in the Suncoast footy world that he is very unhappy with his treatment at Maroochydore and didn't want to leave but felt he had no choice. Read into that what you will. Also, for what its worth, I agree with your comments about a new coach being obliged to do what he can to make his new club stronger by asking as many players as possible to join him. I hope Elkington is doing that for us at Nambour.

I'm sure he still has friends at the old club, Smy. He's a likeable bloke. My comment about 'no love lost' wasn't to do with his recruiting methods but was from the man himself. He has made it well known in the Suncoast footy world that he is very unhappy with his treatment at Maroochydore and didn't want to leave but felt he had no choice. Read into that what you will. Also, for what its worth, I agree with your comments about a new coach being obliged to do what he can to make his new club stronger by asking as many players as possible to join him. I hope Elkington is doing that for us at Nambour.

Noosa have signed ex Brisbane Lions player Rob Copeland, handy pick up.

Looks like Mayne have retained nearly all their 2014 playing list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 blokes on the track tonight for Maroochy's first night - good roll up, plenty of young heads in attendance as well as some of the older mugs.

Think Daniel Harford coaches St Kevins and obviously has a fair connection with SEN. Pretty cushy gig, obviously St Kevs don't give a flying fk whether he is a decent coach / teacher??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back