The Official Week 5 Thread (feat. Carmelo Anthony, Business Tycoon)

If you could start a franchise with 1 player, who would it be?

• Kevin Durant

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Anthony Davis

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Boogie Cousins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Ingles

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that you love your team and wanna back them in but seriously bro, you are not the 8th best team in the West and you wont be making the playoffs!

San Antonio
Dallas
Houston
Memphis
Portland
Golden State
Clippers
OKC

Then there is New Orleans, Phoenix and Sacramento.

No chance.
I said OKC would probably finis higher, but those 4 teams are a chance, anything can happen

We are better than Phoenix, New Orleans and possibly Sacramento

Down on Charlotte mate?

So even if you're better than all of those 3 and OKC get in you still miss out.

Oh we suck, and at the start of the year I claimed we were a playoff team. The way we're playing we wont get anywhere near it though...Got nothing to do with you overrating the nuggets.

We are better than Phoenix, New Orleans and possibly Sacramento
mmmmm... nah.
"When healthy" and "on paper" are easy holes to fall into (take it from a Portland fan), but try not to get sucked into them.
The roster is just disjointed, there's a lot of role players who I quite like; Chandler, Faried, Arthur, Foye, AAA, Gee, Mozgov. But all together it just doesn't make sense. Your two best players on paper and when healthy are Ty and Gallo. And even on paper, when healthy that's probably not good enough. Gallo has been an absolute shell of himself so far.

mmmmm... nah.
"When healthy" and "on paper" are easy holes to fall into (take it from a Portland fan), but try not to get sucked into them.
The roster is just disjointed, there's a lot of role players who I quite like; Chandler, Faried, Arthur, Foye, AAA, Gee, Mozgov. But all together it just doesn't make sense. Your two best players on paper and when healthy are Ty and Gallo. And even on paper, when healthy that's probably not good enough. Gallo has been an absolute shell of himself so far.
Gallo's not our second best player, maybe our 4th, once he's healthy enough to be playing starters minutes, but for now Chandler is a better starter as he can still shoot alright and is more athletic and a better defender than Gallo, which we need because defence is what makes this team work

OKC will recover, the season just started

they still might get the 5-6 seed
Im not so sure.

Last seasons 8th placed team in the West finished with a record of 49-33.

The Thunder right now are 4-12. So they would have to go 45-21 in the remaining games in the season just to make 8th.

That will be very difficult, not to mention neither Westbrook or KD are back yet so OKC's record could still get worse.

Im not so sure.

Last seasons 8th placed team in the West finished with a record of 49-33.

The Thunder right now are 4-12. So they would have to go 45-21 in the remaining games in the season just to make 8th.

That will be very difficult, not to mention neither Westbrook or KD are back yet so OKC's record could still get worse.
There are a few ways it could go, OKC might get on a big run near the end of the season due to KD and Westbrook not being so tired and needing wins to make it

Right now, the top teams in the East are Toronto, Washington, Chicago and Milwaukee, and in the West it's Memphis, Golden State, Portland and Houston. This is part of what Cuban's proposed "realignment" is meant to achieve (smaller market/less popular/traditionally unsuccessful teams being successful). Furthermore, seven teams in the East have a record of .500 or better, and nine teams in the West have a record of .500 or better. Obviously there's the chance all that doesn't hold for the rest of the year (it's still early after all), but the timing of putting this idea out there is kind of odd, seeing as the "traditional powers" aren't really dominating right now, and there's not that much of an imbalance of good vs. bad between the conferences so far.

A more necessary/worthywhile change is to cut the regular season back to 58 games (each team plays each other twice), although it'd cost everyone too much income, so it'll probably never happen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random statistical fact - Of the 19 active players that have career per 36 minute averages of at least 12 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal, Lance Stephenson has the worst career PER (12.6) of all of them, and is yet to have one "average" (PER of 15+) statistical season. The guy "gets his numbers", but he's just not that efficient or effective. He's pretty much a poor man's version of Tyreke Evans.

Last edited:
Right now, the top teams in the East are Toronto, Washington, Chicago and Milwaukee, and in the West it's Memphis, Golden State, Portland and Houston. This is part of what Cuban's proposed "realignment" is meant to achieve (smaller market/less popular/traditionally unsuccessful teams being successful). Furthermore, seven teams in the East have a record of .500 or better, and nine teams in the West have a record of .500 or better. Obviously there's the chance all that doesn't hold for the rest of the year (it's still early after all), but the timing of putting this idea out there is kind of odd, seeing as the "traditional powers" aren't really dominating right now, and there's not that much of an imbalance of good vs. bad between the conferences so far.

A more necessary/worthywhile change is to cut the regular season back to 58 games (each team plays each other twice), although it'd cost everyone too much income, so it'll probably never happen.

What? The record between the conferences is 45-19 in favor of the west as of the 24th of November. There has never been a bigger difference between the two. I honestly think if everything was combined you would be lucky to get an Eastern Conference team in the top 8 teams in the league (probably Toronto would make it).

What? The record between the conferences is 45-19 in favor of the west as of the 24th of November. There has never been a bigger difference between the two. I honestly think if everything was combined you would be lucky to get an Eastern Conference team in the top 8 teams in the league (probably Toronto would make it).

Yeah, I understand there's a difference, but I just don't see why we should realign the league based on temporary or selective trends. What's to say that in a few year's time, things won't be super lopsided in the East's favour? We're seeing different teams "up there" within each conference at the moment too, which should be encouraged and celebrated as much as East vs. West parity IMO.

One problem with the geographical conference alignment is that if you put a line down the middle at the half way point between Portland (the NBA's westernmost franchise in terms of longitude) and Boston (the easternmost franchise), the majority of teams would be in the Eastern half. Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans, Dallas and Houston all technically "should" be Eastern Conference teams if you're dividing things precisely in half that way. That obviously creates an imbalance of the numbers though.

One solution to balance things out while retaining somewhat of an equal geographical divide would be to move Memphis (the easternmost Western Conference franchise, virtually equally "eastern" as Milwaukee and Chicago in terms of longitude), re-admit Seattle, and add another Western Conference team (maybe in San Diego, Omaha, St Louis or Kansas City, if the NBA wants to avoid Las Vegas). If you're just working with existing teams though, the only other solution is to have an American League/National League or American Football Conference/National Football Conference realignment like MLB or the NFL do, but then, what's the criteria?

Last edited:
I think we were down 15 or 16 at some point. Only 6 at the half. Noah has kept us in it on both ends of the floor.

No idea how we are only down 6 at the half though. It's tough watching Rose play. Every time he drives, I tense up. Everytime he gets knocked to the floor, it's heart in mouth time. I wonder how long it will take before I stop reacting like this when watching him play.

Oh and im in Perth remember so tip off was around 2am.
Just rolled out of bed at 7.30 to watch the last 3 quarters and saw you were watching the game, figured it must be bloody early in Perth. But working nights.... Makes sense that way

Just rolled out of bed at 7.30 to watch the last 3 quarters and saw you were watching the game, figured it must be bloody early in Perth. But working nights.... Makes sense that way
Yeah I get to sleep all day tomorrow anyways so I can stay up.

D-Rose aint playing in this 3rd quarter. Just filling it up!

Back