Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Article on Sayers on the Roar

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/11/08/lehmanns-140kmh-rule-cruels-sayers/

Through sheer weight of wickets he is probably gonna have to get a run sooner or later, but there is some serious talent around the quick bowling ranks. It's a tough gig in test cricket bowling a little over medium pace and it doesn't take too many poor tests for the doubts to start creeping in from selectors and even the bowler themselves.

Lawford with 37 off 9 deliveries in the SACA Premier League tonight.
Mark Cosgrove with 90 off 46. Would have been handy in the run chase last night.

Putland and Cosgrove back into the side.

http://www.redbacks.com.au/Article/NewsDetail.aspx?p=913&id=2266

The article states that Putland is the only change, failing to mention that Cosgrove has come into the squad for Valente.

Johan Botha (C)
Tom Cooper
Mark Cosgrove
Callum Ferguson
Travis Head
Phil Hughes
Tim Ludeman
Andrew McDonald
Joe Mennie
Gary Putland
Chadd Sayers
Adam Zampa

In: Putland

Out: Worrall

Not sure what will happen, but confident Cosgrove will play. Probably for McDonald but I think they are playing with the idea of dropping a bowler for him.
Yeah I'm not too sure how they will do it. I like the inclusions so I'll be pretty happy with whoever I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solomon Mire doing well for Zimbabwe. Moved to SA from VIC this season ( even played a bit of BBL last year) hoping to get some state cricket. Could be a good option for us.

What is wrong with us lately ?? collapsing in our batting and just giving away games :(

Very good last year. Standards slipped over the break. Cultural problem when you get rid of a professional cricketer like Klinger and bring in someone like Cosgrove who might be a good batsmen, but professional isn't a word is use describe him.

I think you mean the Pie Man.. I dislike Cosgrove but losing Klinger was huge for the club.

Very good last year. Standards slipped over the break. Cultural problem when you get rid of a professional cricketer like Klinger and bring in someone like Cosgrove who might be a good batsmen, but professional isn't a word is use describe him.
Agreed. Should have made the final last year. But I was furious when we got rid of Klinger and brought in Cosgrove. Was extremely loyal when he got the chance to get across here and did wonders for us, leading us to some silverware, finally. Was also very disappointed when he lost the captaincy to Botha.

They seemed to think they'd be a decent team without Klinger and had batters to replace him but everyone else saw how stupid the decision was.

Hopefully getting rid of Cox will help.

McDonalds injuries have really hurt though. If we had him bowling in the following team.

Hughes/Cosgrove
Klinger
Ferguson
Cooper
Head
McDonald
Ludeman
Botha
Mennie/Richardson
Sayers
Putland/Zampa

The most disappointing thing about losing Klinger is we did it to keep Smith who for some reason can't get a game.

How do you SA guys feel about Botha as captain?

As a bowler I can't stand him. He doesn't bowl it legally.

Is he a good leader though?

Apparently he's excellent. SA cricket has certainly improved while he's been at the helm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back