Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Ill admit when we drafted Vlastuin i didnt know much and i wasnt very excited, then he did that blind turn in his first NAB cup match and ruined the pants i was wearing, and ive loved him since.
Then Dimma made him work on the defensive side of his game.
Wonder why some players are stopped from doing the exciting things.

Bullshit.. what if there are a couple that are rated about the same, you then need to look at what you already have recruited as that could change your need later in the draft, discussion is then required, why don't you apply for the job if you think you know so much, seriously some of you haven't got a clue.

You must be joking just write a list and pick the next one on it, I never realised recruiting was that simple:$
I never said compiling the list would be easy, however, with the time available prior to draft day to list players of similar standing, you should know who you are going to pick in the event that two players of similar rating and need are available. Before you shoot of mouth declaring 'some of you haven't got a clue', what makes you a expert? Why does your opinion hold anymore weight than others genius?

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Ellis is about right at pick 12...but I don't understand how FJ(?) was reported as saying he rated Ellis as a top 3 pick...no need to put that sort of pressure on the kid
/QUOTE].
I believe FJ meant top 3 kicks in the draft.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Ellis is about right at pick 12...but I don't understand how FJ(?) was reported as saying he rated Ellis as a top 3 pick...no need to put that sort of pressure on the kid
He is what he is...pick 12 for the Tigers
He'll take a few years to develop and play regularly and play really well hopefully

He said kick not pick.

SpudsLoveChild

Cancelled
May 17, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
49ers
I never said compiling the list would be easy, however, with the time available prior to draft day to list players of similar standing, you should know who you are going to pick in the event that two players of similar rating and need are available. Before you shoot of mouth declaring 'some of you haven't got a clue', what makes you a expert? Why does your opinion hold anymore weight than others genius?
You're right. They paused. I'll say that again only this time more slowly so that it has time to sink in... THEY...(wait for it)... PAUSED! And they even discussed amongst themselves what they were doing. The ******* cheek of them. Pausing and discussing. This club has no idea and we mug fans get what we deserve.

TheDarkKnighta

All Australian
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dortmund
I admit, I wasn't very enthusiastic when his name was read out.
But I'm really warming to the idea. If he can be a Jordan Lewis type for us, I'll be ecstatic.
How long has it been since we've had a Mister Reliable in the middle? A player of reasonable size who we knew would use the ball well every time..
Does anyone know if he has decent leadership qualities? If he can pull it together for us, our midfield and forward delivery will change dramatically.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
They have the list sorted. Fair chance that next on the list was a similar type to Ellis so they had to debate best available versus need. We needed speed so if a slow inside mid (e.g. Blakely) was top of our list it would have been a discussion.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He is what he is...pick 12 for the Tigers
He'll take a few years to develop and play regularly and play really well hopefully
top 3 'kick' not pick.

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigers Recruiting staff were gutsy, f everyone else's rankings, trust our own.

These guys have been given a really important job to do and it makes me feel good to know that they are currently looking at 14+yo kids and following their progress. All the while they are following the ebs and flows of the RFC to have a strong understanding of what we need now and in the years to come.

It is certainly very interesting to follow the club through this transition process.

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Another thought: I wonder how our 'vanilla' first rounders will react to free agency later on. Do X- factor players have more of a tendency to move ( like our good friend Matty White). Wonder if that is part of the psych profiles these days

I saw Matty White at the airport at season's end and he maintained that there was no offer put on the table from Richmond. Can't blame a bloke for moving to a club with a good offer on the table...

CotchNCo

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Arsenal
They have the list sorted. Fair chance that next on the list was a similar type to Ellis so they had to debate best available versus need. We needed speed so if a slow inside mid (e.g. Blakely) was top of our list it would have been a discussion.

NO! you must follow the list! Even if the list ends up getting you 4 inside mids. FOLLOW THE LIST WITH NO PAUSES!

Back