Toast Pick #28: Welcome to Carlton Dillon Viojo-Rainbow

Remove this Banner Ad

In his draft trumps video he pronounced it Vi-oh-jo.
Vi-o-ho would be the strictly-correct Spanish pronunciation (I believe his background is Uruguayan or something), but that's not to say he hasn't Aussie-fied the pronunciation like Daniel Ricciardo and Leigh Montagna have. I hope he pronounces it the Spanish way.

Hes going to be loyal.

WestSideStory2.jpg

Vi-o-ho would be the strictly-correct Spanish pronunciation (I believe his background is Uruguayan or something), but that's not to say he hasn't Aussie-fied the pronunciation like Daniel Ricciardo and Leigh Montagna have. I hope he pronounces it the Spanish way.
Watch the video. He couldn't sound more okka if he tried.

Interesting that Rogers stated that he'd watched Dillon and the other Western Jets boys (Laverde) and had liked DVR for some time. Gives a bit more credence on the BB pick with the background of Jet's games watched.

Some boot on him, much needed skill in our teams.

Interesting that Rogers stated that he'd watched Dillon and the other Western Jets boys (Laverde) and had liked DVR for some time. Gives a bit more credence on the BB pick with the background of Jet's games watched.

Some boot on him, much needed skill in our teams.
Agreed.

Also Dillon has a lot of upside - a lack of fitness due to no preseason affected his ability to play in the midfield. Once he gets that up he'll go to another level before we even start seeing him improve due to development in the AFL system.

Agreed.

Also Dillon has a lot of upside - a lack of fitness due to no preseason affected his ability to play in the midfield. Once he gets that up he'll go to another level before we even start seeing him improve due to development in the AFL system.
You might say there is a Viojo at the end of the rainbow?

No? No good? Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet... I'll show myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think Viojo-Rainbow can play a chunk of senior footy in 2015? Or is he likely to take a bit of development?

No idea. Can play off half back or on the wing so doesn't have to be bashed in the middle, but I'd suggest the more mature bodies like Whiley, Dick and Boekhorst will get games and we won't be carrying too many young guys in the team at the same time.

No idea. Can play off half back or on the wing so doesn't have to be bashed in the middle, but I'd suggest the more mature bodies like Whiley, Dick and Boekhorst will get games and we won't be carrying too many young guys in the team at the same time.
Yes I'm finding it hard to get a read on this guy, looks solid without appearing an out and out gun.

One thing's for sure, BT will absolutely lose his s**t when DVR debuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back