List Mgmt. Welcome Damien Cavka Pick 66 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is the pace and/or X factor in all of that? Small and slow appears the way to go
Don't forget Yeo, Shuey, Karpany, Gaff and Newman have pace and line breaking ability while Lamb and Natanui provide the X-Factor.

Nice mix going forward with 26 mids to choose from.

Welcome Damian. Bargain pick to get Cavka at 66 when he easily could have late first / second round. Rounded off a solid draft night for the club

Nickname should be Toby or "Spiderman"

Is a dead ringer for Toby Maguire

395142-139ec6b4-67c1-11e4-916e-b0a6db1ec0e2.jpg

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude guys. But I know Damien and his family pretty well.
To say you've got a steal is an understatement. I laughed when I heard this year's combine beep test record Damien (was injured for the combine) would smash that in his sleep. Others can go on about his physical attributes and gamestyle but the real story is the quality of the kid.
He is quiet, unassuming but immensely determined, infinitely coachable and dedicated (would not have a sip of beer at a party recently). He's the type of kid that will run into a brick wall for his club and I have a feeling other clubs will be asking "how the * did he go at 66?" in a few years time.
You've got a gem here, take care of him.

To say you've got a steal is an understatement. I laughed when I heard this year's combine beep test record Damien (was injured for the combine) would smash that in his sleep. Others can go on about his physical attributes and gamestyle but the real story is the quality of the kid.
He is quiet, unassuming but immensely determined, infinitely coachable and dedicated (would not have a sip of beer at a party recently). He's the type of kid that will run into a brick wall for his club and I have a feeling other clubs will be asking "how the **** did he go at 66?" in a few years time.
Come back (with more good news) anytime immortalmike

He is quiet, unassuming but immensely determined, infinitely coachable and dedicated (would not have a sip of beer at a party recently). He's the type of kid that will run into a brick wall for his club and I have a feeling other clubs will be asking "how the **** did he go at 66?" in a few years time.
Appreciate that mate. Hopefully we can help him develop to his full potential and he sticks around for a long, long time. He`s welcomed with a big group hug!!

We've talked about this before. Name one instance, apart from his one tunbridge esque highlight against the gold coast, where Newman has used this apparent pace? Lightning you say? I've been doubtful about that for a long time, even more so now he's 'huge'. None of his highlights showed it.

I could very well be wrong about Maginness though as i've seen next to nothing of him, so if you say so. Colledge, i think looks incredibly slow. Really.

Can't argue with Yeo obviously, but he never included Yeo into his 'future gun midfield'
Wasn't he outrun by woosh? :D

We've talked about this before. Name one instance, apart from his one tunbridge esque highlight against the gold coast, where Newman has used this apparent pace? Lightning you say? I've been doubtful about that for a long time, even more so now he's 'huge'. None of his highlights showed it.

I could very well be wrong about Maginness though as i've seen next to nothing of him, so if you say so. Colledge, i think looks incredibly slow. Really.

Can't argue with Yeo obviously, but he never included Yeo into his 'future gun midfield'

Watch Newman's U18s highlights, there is a number of instances where he uses his breakaway pace to gain separation. Maginness' speed is his best asset, he is lightning. Colledge is reasonable but not slow. He's definitely more outside than inside.

Nah he didn't but he should have.

Love hearing about hard campaigners who won't even have a sip of beer for their trade.

They are many a better man than I.

Watch Newman's U18s highlights, there is a number of instances where he uses his breakaway pace to gain separation. Maginness' speed is his best asset, he is lightning. Colledge is reasonable but not slow. He's definitely more outside than inside.

Nah he didn't but he should have.

Newman definitely has breakaway speed and has looked electrifying at times for us.

Love hearing about hard campaigners who won't even have a sip of beer for their trade.

They are many a better man than I.
It occurs to me even thought im 7ft and disgusting football ability (seriously its cringeworthy) i could have never made it not even a cheeky sip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back