Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Having gone to school, uni and now working in the CBD, it seems like somewhere in the city there's always roadworks, or a footpath being dug up, or a building being renovated/rebuilt, or something going on blocking regular traffic somewhere. When will Adelaide be "finished"?
Never? There will always be ongoing capital works.

Wasn't particularly interested in fighting him plus he was a good half a foot taller and wider than myself (all muscle) so probably wouldn't have ended well. Just so stupid, I reckon in at least 80% of cases, driving like you're an F1 driver won't get you to wherever your going any faster than if you were driving like a normal person.

think about it....when that neighbour of yours loses control and wraps himself and car around a tree there will be so much anger from his family towards everyone and everything (including the tree) except for him (driver). head shakingly stupid

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well it always seems like it's lengthy and obstructive when it's in the Adelaide CBD. I mean, how long did it take to re-pipe and re-pave Rundle Mall, for example?
Um, a long time? It was significant works which was done to schedule (meant to finish in Oct 2014) There was a lot of plumbing involved and a ton of paving.

Not to mention that Vic Square and the Mall had been in talk for upgrades for a decade so everything was in poor shape.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People saying that feminism fights for the rights of both women AND men.

Yeah, ******* bullshit. I understand that by releasing women from their gender roles, men too are released but that's a byproduct of feminism, nothing more. I don't have a problem with feminism at all and I support women fighting for their rights/women having equal rights to men, but people shouldn't be claiming feminism is fighting for a cause it largely ignores.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Um, a long time? It was significant works which was done to schedule (meant to finish in Oct 2014) There was a lot of plumbing involved and a ton of paving.

Not to mention that Vic Square and the Mall had been in talk for upgrades for a decade so everything was in poor shape.

Well, it seemed to go on forever, and they've been doing smaller stuff in the mall ever since, too.

There's always some sort of upgrade/obstruction/detour going elsewhere around the city, too. I know there's never really a convenient time to do it, but they always seem to drag on and the most inconvenient times.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Separating the plastic bags in self serve checkouts. Legit took me 20 seconds. Couple that with getting home and realizing the cake I bought is upside-down has made me come to the conclusion I would never make it as a check out chick

bet you would put the eggs with the soft drink as well.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
bet you would put the eggs with the soft drink as well.
I generally just chuck s**t in any bags when I serve people. Some things like hot chickens and pet food I will separate but as long as you don't overload the bags and you keep fragile things protected there's no need for separation.

People who whinge about what goes in what bag absolutely s**t me.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I generally just chuck s**t in any bags when I serve people. Some things like hot chickens and pet food I will separate but as long as you don't overload the bags and you keep fragile things protected there's no need for separation.

People who whinge about what goes in what bag absolutely s**t me.

I don't know you, but I hate you. I guess the feeling is mutual.

Seriously, how hard is it?

Cold foods (dairy) are all on the belt together, followed by
Meat
Frozen
Fruit and veg - heavy stuff first (spuds), then soft (strawberries).
Then bread/bakery.
Light Grocery (cereal boxes)
Heavy Grocery (cans, bottles)
Non Foods

I give you seven bags - three insulated, four cheap

All you have to do is scan in the order I give it to you, and put it in the bag.....even if you get the order slightly wrong, then you have cold foods with meat, meat with frozen, light fruit/veg with soft bread, soft bread with light grocery, and cans with non food.

Yet most times we end up with canned food thrown on top of the fruit/bread bags (it's too light), the washing powder sat on top of the meat, and my personal favourite, the (leaking) hot chicken on the top of the frozen bag.

If only they could make the self-serve scanners work quicker, (why 5 seconds between scans - weight reading method of security) I would never use the counter again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back