The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing I didn't like was the start, seemed a very odd way to start the trailer as it was almost comical the way he popped up onto the screen, but the rest was ******* epic.

Yes that was random. Did enjoy the X-Wings over water, that was pretty insane.

Yes that was random. Did enjoy the X-Wings over water, that was pretty insane.

The big difference between this and the prequels is the world feels a lot more real. Not sure yet whether that's bad - it makes it feel like they really filmed on Earth, taking away the realism of the world they're creating - or good - makes it more believably a real environment.

The big difference between this and the prequels is the world feels a lot more real. Not sure yet whether that's bad - it makes it feel like they really filmed on Earth, taking away the realism of the world they're creating - or good - makes it more believably a real environment.

Yes has a lot more of a natural look to it, not the manufactured 'blue screen' look of the PT.

Anybody else see Clarke's speech? Heartbreaking.

Clarke really stood up during a devastating time showing outstanding leadership and compassion. Could not have handled it any better. I don't see how they can play the upcoming test match. AB's comments were spot on. Let every player decide whether they are comfortable playing and don't hold it against them if they opt out. It's hard enough to concentrate at the best of times during a test match let alone after what they've been through. Feel for Abbot massively. Wouldn't surprise me if he quit the game. Can't see him wanting to bowl a short ball ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke may have been a douche a few years back, but geez, I am glad he is leading our cricket team and I'm sure any cricketer would jump to play cricket with him. Has been sensational over the past few days from all reports. That speech almost brought me to tears.

Also like the look of the new lightsaber. And just about blew my load when the x-wings were flying over the water..looked absolutely brilliant!

Some are a bit critical of it because apparently no sane swordsman would craft a blade like that which could so easily take a hand off, but oh well, we'll see how it plays out. I'm pretty optimistic about the movie.

SM how's your Pokemon adventure going?

Very good, already up to Fortree. If you aren't there I won't spoil the surprise but once you surf across from Mauville you'll have a pleasant surprise.

I'm still in two minds about whether to bother trying to train a super team (worrying about IVs, EVs etc.) to battle online or whether I'll never get around to that and just enjoy the game then put it down.

Very good, already up to Fortree. If you aren't there I won't spoil the surprise but once you surf across from Mauville you'll have a pleasant surprise.

I'm still in two minds about whether to bother trying to train a super team (worrying about IVs, EVs etc.) to battle online or whether I'll never get around to that and just enjoy the game then put it down.
Haha I just walked into Fortree when I put it down last. Yeah awesome surprise!

I generally don't get super into the metagame aspect, but they've made it a lot easier with the super training to do the EVs.

Haha I just walked into Fortree when I put it down last. Yeah awesome surprise!

I generally don't get super into the metagame aspect, but they've made it a lot easier with the super training to do the EVs.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. The IV stuff and getting the perfect nature is probably still beyond me - maybe not the nature - but the DexNav does make it all a bit easier, along with the Super Training. Guess I'll see how I feel when I finish it.

Also being able to battle over the net makes things so much easier! Last thing I had was a GBA so it's come a long way haha.

Might pick X up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back