Player Watch #32 - Corey Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

That decision should have been made before the draft. I said list preferences in order.
You're being ridiculous. If there are 100 players in the draft then there are more than trillions of different orders that they can go in and if your targeting different skills you can't just make a list and tick it off. That would work for the first round only.

Reading this thread is a bit like reading the thread 'Richmond records decade of profits'. We (Richmond supporters) take a genuinely good news story, and turn it into a shitfight, recriminations, predictions of doom, etc.

Reading this thread is a bit like reading the thread 'Richmond records decade of profits'. We (Richmond supporters) take a genuinely good news story, and turn it into a shitfight, recriminations, predictions of doom, etc.
Crazy isn't it.

Ranked 11th by champion data points in the whole draft, and that's taking into account his poor kicking at tac cup level when he got injured. His coach also said he was the best of the keilor boys, didn't he?

I think we have a good player on our hands, but will reserve judgment for 2 or 3 years yet.

I have been fairly negative about him earlier but now admit it was a stupid point of view. The concerns I had could be easily explained by having an interrupted season through injury. How well he goes ultimately come down to the same things as many other first round draftees, his commitment and determination to play at the highest level and how well the club supports him in his development.

I never said compiling the list would be easy, however, with the time available prior to draft day to list players of similar standing, you should know who you are going to pick in the event that two players of similar rating and need are available. Before you shoot of mouth declaring 'some of you haven't got a clue', what makes you a expert? Why does your opinion hold anymore weight than others genius?
Big deal they had a discussion about the picks. Much prefer they did that than simply rattle off names without a second thought. Seriously some people will whinge about anything when it comes to the club. Why do I have the feeling that if we had of just rattled off names and missed out on someone that slipped through, you would have complained about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big deal they had a discussion about the picks. Much prefer they did that than simply rattle off names without a second thought. Seriously some people will whinge about anything when it comes to the club. Why do I have the feeling that if we had of just rattled off names and missed out on someone that slipped through, you would have complained about that.
One thing I did find strange that in previous years we have never taken time to discuss our pick and just read out our next name while it felt like a lot of clubs were having long chats.
This year, hardly any clubs chatted before their picks, except for Richmond at every single pick after 12, the draft went very quickly because of this.

Its absolutely crazy to criticise the club for this though. I'm sure we know which players we wanted, it was a matter of working out who we could take at the next pick and still hope that our next preferences would be available at our next selection.

Article....link??? Please.
On my phone and saw it on another forum. Headline says our first pick may need foot surgery. Article says he's fine and he's running but if it happens to flare up he may require minor surgery. It also says it's a totally different injury to the Navicular injury Trengove has.

On my phone and saw it on another forum. Headline says our first pick may need foot surgery. Article says he's fine and he's running but if it happens to flare up he may require minor surgery. It also says it's a totally different injury to the Navicular injury Trengove has.

Cheers tigs ....

One thing I did find strange that in previous years we have never taken time to discuss our pick and just read out our next name while it felt like a lot of clubs were having long chats.
This year, hardly any clubs chatted before their picks, except for Richmond at every single pick after 12, the draft went very quickly because of this.

Its absolutely crazy to criticise the club for this though. I'm sure we know which players we wanted, it was a matter of working out who we could take at the next pick and still hope that our next preferences would be available at our next selection.
I attribute this to the draft being incredibly even for talent outside of the first 5 or so picks all the way to 40.

Great so we reached for a bloke who needs foot surgery.

Don't be misled by the Herald Sun.

He's currently fine. Has never had a navicular issue like Trengove. He had an issue with a different bone which is much easier to heal - so if it does flare up a second time (no signs yet) then it's a short-term recovery time and he's back straight away with no long-term issues. So he could potentially miss a few weeks and then done, no more problem.

Media scare tactics.

That's not what I saw. Plenty of clubs debated who to pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back